• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, JaniceR said:

That was a very hateful comment. 

How so? I don't hate anyone here. In fact, I love them enough to teach the truth. Did you not read?

Hebrews 9:28 ...unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

So you tell me: what if He comes and people are NOT "looking for Him?"

If people believe they will see the man of sin first, will they be looking for Him?

If people believe they will see the entire 70th week first, will they be looking for HIM?

Millions of people are going to be left behind: first those that call themselves Christian but have never been born again. They believers that are lukewarm. And, according to this verse, those that are not expecting Him.

1 minute ago, iamlamad said:

How so? I don't hate anyone here. In fact, I love them enough to teach the truth. Did you not read?

Hebrews 9:28 ...unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

If people believe they will see the man of sin first, will they be looking for Him?

If people believe they will see the entire 70th week first, will they be looking for HIM?

Millions of people are going to be left behind: first those that call themselves Christian but have never been born again. They believers that are lukewarm. And, according to this verse, those that are not expecting Him.

I AM expecting Christ. Just not in a pre-trib rapture.

Is your belief that since I don't believe in a pre-trib rapture I am not really a Christian, or that I am lukewarm?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Just now, iamlamad said:

How does 1 Corinthians 15:50-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 and Matthew 24:29-31 fit into a pre-trib rapture timeline?

1 Corinthians 15:50-53

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Matthew 24:29-31

Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

1 Corinthians 51-58 and Thessalonians 4:13-18 both describe the event of the Lord's choosing to evaluate and make His own immortal just before the tribulation begins

Matthew 24:29-31 is a look at those of Israel during the tribulation who will be protected during the period and kept for the Lord's millennial rule as mortals

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, iamlamad said:

You will, after it takes place! But then you will have been left behind.

so are you saying that Jesus would leave qualified Christians here if he took others away.

I hope you understand that most of us are ready for his return even if we don't expect him early; because we have no idea whether or not we will live through the night for any number of reasons.....   or die on the way home from a drunk driver....

Please tell me that you are not saying that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

4 hours ago, OneLight said:

How does 1 Corinthians 15:50-53, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 and Matthew 24:29-31 fit into a pre-trib rapture timeline?

1 Corinthians 15:50-53

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Matthew 24:29-31

Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The pre-trib doctrine can't include those verses in their beliefs as they are written. They say those verses don't mean what they clearly say.

Edited by ENOCH2010

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

21 minutes ago, ENOCH2010 said:

The pre-trib doctrine can't include those verses in their beliefs as they are written. They say those verses don't mean what they clearly say.

It is when we try to look beyond the obvious, the imagination leads us astray.  Let scripture speak for itself.  We have been told not to lean onto our own understanding.  I am also positive that the Holy Spirit does not go against His words.  They can say all they want, but then again, so do all false teachers, no matter how big or small.

Matthew 25:29-31 is a time frame of mid tribulation, or there about, not pre tribulation.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Correct again Onelight

1 hour ago, other one said:

so are you saying that Jesus would leave qualified Christians here if he took others away.

I hope you understand that most of us are ready for his return even if we don't expect him early; because we have no idea whether or not we will live through the night for any number of reasons.....   or die on the way home from a drunk driver....

Please tell me that you are not saying that.

No, certainly not. Qualified believers will be raptured.  The problem is, all believers that would be qualified otherwise, are NOT looking for Him, not expecting Him in any way. Why? Because they have convinced themselves that they will see other things first, so they will be anticipating the other things, such as seeing the man of sin revealed.

heb. 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Notice that this has a qualification: those that LOOK FOR HIM.

You tell me: according to this verse, if someone is NOT looking for Him, will He appear to them?

Let's all must be LOOKING and expecting Him any day!

Edited by iamlamad

46 minutes ago, OneLight said:

It is when we try to look beyond the obvious, the imagination leads us astray.  Let scripture speak for itself.  We have been told not to lean onto our own understanding.  I am also positive that the Holy Spirit does not go against His words.  They can say all they want, but then again, so do all false teachers, no matter how big or small.

Matthew 25:29-31 is a time frame of mid tribulation, or there about, not pre tribulation.

How do you know Matthew 24 is even speaking to Christians? The entire chapter is pointed to Jews. The gathering there is after the days of great tribulation towards the end of the 70th week. The pretrib rapture will come LONG before that. The truth is, Jesus is speaking of a different gathering.