• Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, eileenhat said:

Don't know.  

Sorry, you are looking for a nice neatly tied up explanation 

Hi Eileen, 

No not really - that's not been my experience - it's seeking more.

I take things into consideration and if I discern that something doesn't ring true or seems odd,  I leave it alone.  I don't get a peace about it, it's not for me.

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

three part being showing death 255.jpg

Thanks Steve for that illustration?

Interesting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,140
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What is most relevant is to understand death is spearation from God not from body as in the day you eat you shall die... although the curse God placed upon earth was entropy or God will no longer extend 1st creation but has passed judgment and end... looking at the build of God upon man originally he could receive both outwardly (the corporeal) and internally (The s/Spirit of God) when we sinned in Adam we as in the whole of man died in Adam (separated from God) and now we have only the external resource by which all men are accountable unto God Rom 1:18-22
Also noting support by new birth

Romans 7:22 (KJV)

[22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

[23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

[24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

[25] I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

2 Corinthians 4:16 (KJV)

[16] For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Love, Steven

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, eileenhat said:

"King James Bible
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Gen 2:7."

This is one instance where "living soul" means "living person". There are many others such as:

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. (1 Pet 3:20).

2 hours ago, eileenhat said:

And again, no soul.  Spirit is therefore what returns to Heaven, in my estimation.

The Bible is not a textbook of theology. If the spirit returns to Heaven, then it is IMPLIED the soul within which the spirit dwells, also returns to Heaven.  

It seems that many Christians do not understand that things are often implied in Scripture, and everything is not explicitly stated. We build our doctrine on the totality of Scripture.

When Paul says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, he IMPLIES that the soul (the person) and the spirit both go to be with the Lord, while the body remains in the grave.

25 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

The breath of life departs from the body, and the soul no longer exists

Eileen,

This is false doctrine, so you would be wise to stay away from the source of such nonsense. Looks like they are promoting soul sleep.  The soul is the person, and all persons continue to exist eternally -- either in Heaven or in Hell. It is the body in its grave which gives the appearance of "sleep" -- hence "those who sleep in Jesus".

14 minutes ago, eileenhat said:

I've been breaking it down passage by passage and am seeing it is fairly complicated and perhaps over people's heads, so will continue to look for myself then, as I assume you are saying this is a forbidden forum topic to discuss then.

No, I am not saying that it is a "forbidden" topic. What I am saying is that there are several groups (some of them outright cults) which believe in soul sleep.  However, there is nothing complicated about this when the New Testament doctrine is examined.  When Paul said that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, this is what he was teaching:

1. That physical death means the separation ("absence") of the soul and spirit from the body.

2. The Lord is in Heaven, therefore the souls and spirits of believers go to Him immediately and directly at death, and are very much alive, since "God is not the God of the dead, but of the living".

3. The body goes into the grave and presents the appearance of sleep.  Study Acts chapters 7 and 8 in connection with the death of Stephen. Thus the phrase "those who sleep in Jesus".

4. At the Resurrection/Rapture, the souls and spirits of the saints are reunited to their glorified bodies, and the whole person remains in a perfected state for eternity (in the New Jerusalem).

Those who teach soul sleep ignore all of this, and resort to Old Testament Scriptures pertaining to Sheol/Hades (which are no longer valid since the resurrection of Christ).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,140
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, Giller said:

This illustration looks pretty good, more accurate than most.

Like it Enoob.

:thumbsup: 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What is the difference between the soul and spirit of man?"

Answer:
The soul and the spirit are the two primary immaterial aspects that Scripture ascribes to humanity. It can be confusing to attempt to discern the precise differences between the two. The word “spirit” refers only to the immaterial facet of humanity. Human beings have a spirit, but we are not spirits. However, in Scripture, only believers are said to be spiritually alive (1 Corinthians 2:11; Hebrews 4:12; James 2:26), while unbelievers are spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1-5; Colossians 2:13). In Paul's writing, the spiritual was pivotal to the life of the believer (1 Corinthians 2:14; 3:1; Ephesians 1:3; 5:19; Colossians 1:9; 3:16). The spirit is the element in humanity which gives us the ability to have an intimate relationship with God. Whenever the word “spirit” is used, it refers to the immaterial part of humanity that “connects” with God, who Himself is spirit (John 4:24).

The word “soul” can refer to both the immaterial and material aspects of humanity. Unlike human beings having a spirit, human beings are souls. In its most basic sense, the word “soul” means “life.” However, beyond this essential meaning, the Bible speaks of the soul in many contexts. One of these is humanity’s eagerness to sin (Luke 12:26). Humanity is naturally evil, and our souls are tainted as a result. The life principle of the soul is removed at the time of physical death (Genesis 35:18; Jeremiah 15:2). The soul, as with the spirit, is the center of many spiritual and emotional experiences (Job 30:25; Psalm 43:5; Jeremiah 13:17). Whenever the word “soul” is used, it can refer to the whole person, whether alive or in the afterlife.

The soul and the spirit are connected, but separable (Hebrews 4:12). The soul is the essence of humanity’s being; it is who we are. The spirit is the aspect of humanity that connects with God.

https://www.gotquestions.org/soul-spirit.html