• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Well isn't that what everybody does here? Why else have endless pages of replies? I say something, then someone tells me I'm this or I'm that then I am like no because of this and then they are like yeah you are.........!

I can post my opinion. There are a lot of opinions on Worthy. Everyone wants to get the last word in and be right even though it is not always Biblical.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

You enter a debate to first, educate others about your view-and perhaps learn something, in the mean time.

Hmmm....I think I do all of that. In fact I have said in some of my post that I only wish to pass along info on a certain topic being talked about. Only then to be criticized and accused of being a liberal by someone  whom for whatever reason disagrees with my info. Go look at some of my past post you will see this going on. Okay maybe not all of them but a lot. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Hmmm....I think I do all of that. In fact I have said in some of my post that I only wish to pass along info on a certain topic being talked about. Only then to be criticized and accused of being a liberal by someone  whom for whatever reason disagrees with my info. Go look at some of my past post you will see this going on. Okay maybe not all of them but a lot. 

If someone is accusing you of anything, then that is being personal, and report the post and ignore it. But sitting here saying your not gonna debate because no one let's you be right, well, that's not a debate....that's a argument.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

If someone is accusing you of anything, then that is being personal, and report the post and ignore it. But sitting here saying your not gonna debate because no one let's you be right, well, that's not a debate....that's a argument.

So what am I suppose to do? I like to think that there is some reason for the things I say. Lately it seems I can not say anything without someone beating me over the head. I just got into an argument with someone  because I used the word "Ugly".   Maybe this places isn't for me? I really don't know. I really don't know? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

heres the thing. You are right, in that there are a lot of overly harsh, judgemental people out there. Short of reporting them and letting the mods delete the posts-which can take time, theres not much you can do. And even then, you cant really change their hearts, at least not by complaining about it. The only thing you can do, is change how you react to it. And if you have to take a break from debating, then do so. I take breaks regularly, especially if I find myself under stress in my day to day life, because im a rather blunt and sarcastic individual in the first place-and if Im under stress, I tend to lash out more, when not appropriate. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I'm not sure the medium of internet boards can be a place most of us hope for when we started.

I knew a moderator who started a board 15 years ago as an aside or addition to a ministry. After 6 months he shut it down. The inability for others to think before they type was astounding. Would never happen in a personal conversation. Arguments as though the other person didn't consider anything they were responding to or the person attached to them.

I've questioned my participation many times and have left numerous times but I have a habit of checking things out on this board and now and then get sucked in. Information can be good sometimes but find it's impossible to have a healthy discussion. Always descends into debate and trying to get it back to anything healthy ends up with someone saying "that's how most people act when they can't refute the truth".

I've even asked for the moderators to cut of my membership but that they don't do, I can understand when I think about it, and thinking about things is something I find lacking. People come from many perspectives and most just want to discuss and learn but quickly find themselves in a place of defense they never anticipated or understand. That's why I have a problem with shiloh more than anything else on the board, the level of insensitivity is astounding an it hasn't matured over the few years I've been here.

Guest BacKaran

Hi lady Kay

Think of this as a testing ground for your witnessing. I'm learning that I need to know Scripture for a situation. And I also look up what verses others are using that pertains to a issue.

It can be frustrating but I'm learning how I phrase what I want to say is a big deal.

The Bible says this or the Word days to do this... It takes the focus of of you and I try to say in my humble opinion on this is... Blah blah blah. . Hope this helps! ?

11 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So what am I suppose to do? I like to think that there is some reason for the things I say. Lately it seems I can not say anything without someone beating me over the head. I just got into an argument with someone  because I used the word "Ugly".   Maybe this places isn't for me? I really don't know. I really don't know? 

I can relate

This is my first forum and  I have had thoughts that "maybe this place isn't for me" quite a bit lately. Always seems to be lots of bickering. but the next day I stop back around and  may read something worthwhile or post 

it doesn't really matter if people agree or disagree with me I read everyone's opinions and if nothing else it may get me thinking 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So what am I suppose to do? I like to think that there is some reason for the things I say.

LadyKay,

When you give a reason for whatever you propose, just back it up with Scripture.  But if it is just an opinion, opinions vary. For example, it is my opinion that LadyKay ruffles a lot of feathers. Just kidding.:cool:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

22 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I'm done debating things on here. It leads to nowhere. In all the debates I have gotten into on here I have never convinced anyone that I am right and they are wrong.

Dear sister Ladykay,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The point of any debate is not to promote a "spiritual rape", that is, one trying to force into the other the idea. Rather, the purpose of the forum is to unite people to one another as they share the Holy Scripture. The forum only works if we have humility to admit that we can also be wrong and thus we are willing to listen and understand the ideas that the other has and thus, together moved by the virtue of the Holy Spirit, come to the full knowledge of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:11-14).

Therefore, do not be discouraged from striving for the unity of faith (Jude 3). After all, if we really love Jesus, we can not be content to be in error, much less that our beloved brother remains deceived (meditate on Matthew 18:18-20). If we are wrong, let us be humble to reconsider our opinion; if we are right, that we never give up fighting for the brother for whom Christ died.

May Jesus enable us to live what was ordained through the apostle Paul:

·         “I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.” (2 Timothy 4: 1-4).