What do you believe?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are tattoos and body piercings a sin?

• Yes
    • I Do Not Care
    • No

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

On the  Logical side of thinking: Why would you want all those chemicals from the ink going into your body

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I figure if God didn't like it on the OT He's not going to like it in the NT :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, enoob57 said:

Well said brother

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Your Brother In Christ said:

What Do You Think?

Well,   most all the world/ flesh/ and carnal people think nothing of sinning,  they (according to the BIBLE/REVELATION) rarely if ever repent.  ("the whole world refuses to repent": Revelation). ) ....

For a few,  YHWH convicts them before or after thinking of sinning.   If it is like a tattoo or piercing,  they may have to

bear it the rest of their life time on earth even if they repent truthfully.   It may or may not carry over to the next life for those who are resurrected forgiven, not facing condemnation or eternal judgment.

To see what the BIBLE says about sin and this stuff,  read it.   It is written simply and clear enough for a basic grade school education to understand.    Even some people who cannot read nor write are given understanding (which is required just as it is written for all disciples of JESUS : " Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures," ).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I see no problem getting tattoos... of course content needs to be considered.

But I don't think that the OT laws to the Israelites is enforced on Gentile believers,

so these things are a culturally based phenomena which don't go against God's Word.

Hi teditis

Just for the record I don't think a tattoo is a sin but I don't think God is happy about them. Maybe it is a sin? I never thought of it this way. 

I agree that we should respect our body in keeping with its being the abiding place of God.  So no tattoos or piercings for me. 

But you said we are not under OT laws. Which ones? Did God change His mind?

Fran

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Never thought of it that way, but this is how the wise thinks.  enoob57, wise man ....:rolleyes:

None for me thank you.  I like to think that this body is the temple of the Lord and as many have said before, we should not defile it.  

edit. Must say though, some people have some really nice artwork on their bodies that would make picasso jealous .

Guest Teditis
13 hours ago, Fran C said:

Hi teditis

Just for the record I don't think a tattoo is a sin but I don't think God is happy about them. Maybe it is a sin? I never thought of it this way. 

I agree that we should respect our body in keeping with its being the abiding place of God.  So no tattoos or piercings for me. 

But you said we are not under OT laws. Which ones? Did God change His mind?

Fran

Hi Fran,

I believe that many of the OT laws were specifically for the Nation of Israel for them

to be a "peculiar" people among the other Nations in that area. I also think that in the

NT, we are shown that Gentiles need not become Jews in order to follow God's Will for us.

We are able to keep many of our cultural differences and be seen as "clean" before God and man.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am Honestly Surprised that there is such a split on such a basic topic. It seams the the root of each stance is ether:

1. OT law is absolute and can't be questioned.

2. NT grace cover the law.

I am not going to try to convince anyone which way is right. I state my stance in the video and examine the word of God in context of the culture and to who it was given. In the poll 44.11% said Yes, 11.11 said I do not care, and 44.11% said No, vary informative.

I will would recommend this, hear the the points I give in the video, and then take it to the Lord, He will make the call.

Always seek the Truth,

Your Brother in Christ

Edited by Omegaman 3.0
changed spelling, assuming he meant "which" not "witch"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

18 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Everyone I know who is older than me and got tattoos when they were younger, regret it now. 

I fall a bit into that category.

At the same time, I can see it as being useful in steering others away from the same if asked about mine.

I overheard a teen son discussing with his mother why he should get a tattoo, with his mother disagreeing as they walked by me one day.

In looking at my tattoo at that point, I simply stated If I had it to do over again, I would not have bothered getting one.
They kept walking, the mother stating something to the effect "See, that man regretted getting his, were you listening?"

Prayed for mom and son as they continued on their way. :)

Guest shiloh357

What gets me is the sheer amount of tattoos people are getting.  This is especially true of college athletes.  I realize the coolness factor, but what jobs are they expecting to get when they are plastered with tattoos?   I saw this one football player and he had a spider web type of tattoo up the sides and back of his neck, too high up to hide with a shirt collar and a tie.   No common sense at all.