• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, paradoxdown said:

Considering that a schizophrenic brain can manufacture false visual sight, auditory sounds, sensory and emotional feelings and smells.

How does someone with a schizo defective mind know how to differentiate between the information coming from God, and the false information coming from a sick brain.

Hi Paradoxdown,

It's not that easy to give you answers for your questions, other then start reading the Bible as the Bible is truth.

Try to ignore the voice which tells you  to do the wrong thing and make a mental note  not to listen to that voice.

People who don't have this  cannot really understand how you feel and is must be awful to have to live with it ,the good part is that God still heals and can heal your mind if you let Him!

He loves you and wants nothing more than for you to come to Him and to cast all your burden on Him. 

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

You do know in your heart which answer is the right answer to follow, but as long as you don't have Jesus living inside of you, He can't help ,why not start reading the Bible starting in the book of John? Claim all the promises and ask the Holy Spirit to guide while reading His Word,it will change your life. 

Find out for yourself who God is..He's waiting to hear from you!

In the mean time,please look for a Christian counselor ..

Dod you ever look of eating a diet which might help?

Hope this helps?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Paradoxdown,

From your post, I gather you are asking a practical question. I do not disagree with the responses so far, but they have lacked a "practical" tone, which I think is what you are asking. Having the mental condition that you have, is a real thing that produces real effects. And in that lies the crux of the problems, how do you trust anything you seem to be getting from God.

First, let us realize that you have a different relationship with reality than most people. It is not wrong or sinful, it's just different. Consider the x-y axes in geometry. The x axis is always horizontal and the y-axis is always vertical. Normal people start at the origin of (0,0). Because of your brain, you don't necessarily start at the origin. So if we consider the xy axis as the reference point to faith in Christ, you don't begin where everyone else does.

However, Jesus died for ALL...even people who are mentally challenged or have conditions such as yours. So the goal for you is to relate to Jesus in a way that you can understand Him that brings peace to your heart. That feeling of peace is important for you because things that upset you tend to cause your mind to race or get out of control until you see and hear things that are not real. Jesus always brings peace to the individual, so in this case, a peaceful feeling should help you to determine those things that are of God and those that are not. If you have any doubts, you can enlist the help of a solid, Christian friend to double check you and hold you accountable. Not just anybody will do, but someone who understands you and how you are with your condition. You need someone who will love you no matter if you sort of "go off the deep end" for a bit. Someone who can speak the Word to you and love you and pray for you until you can feel peace in your heart again.

God has a special place for you in His Kingdom and He will heal you. Reading the Scriptures is a way to "program" your mind against false images. The more you read, the less room your mind will have to contain the false and the more peace you will achieve. It is a process and sometimes a slow process taking years. But think of it this way, if you could insure yourself to be healed of schizophrenia, would it really matter how long it took?

I will pray for you because I KNOW that God wants to heal you and will heal you. In fact, Jesus accomplished your healing on the cross...now all we have to do is accept it and exercise our faith in God to manifest that healing. God will restore you completely because He has a plan for your life. Read Jeremiah 29:11-14 and see if God doesn't have something magnificent for you.

blessings

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 2/4/2017 at 2:24 AM, paradoxdown said:

Considering that a schizophrenic brain can manufacture false visual sight, auditory sounds, sensory and emotional feelings and smells.

How does someone with a schizo defective mind know how to differentiate between the information coming from God, and the false information coming from a sick brain.

Faith.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/4/2017 at 0:24 AM, paradoxdown said:

Is what you are hearing something that is Biblical that God would communicate with you or is it negative? God would never tell you something that is not in the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, paradoxdown said:

2 Cor. 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9, And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10, Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Tim. 1: 7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

James 5:15, And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 2/4/2017 at 2:24 AM, paradoxdown said:

I'm schizophrenic and believe in God. I have grandoise paranoid delusions but you know when you've been touched by God.