• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You obviously do not believe in the bible.  Tell me, what is the purpose of this life if everything is predetermined and we have absolutely no choice in anything?  Why waste the time and not just skip this life and move onto the next?

I am wondering how this relates to Calvinism. I would like a conference with enoob. We see Calvinism in the same light. Well, we just do not believe in it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This thread illustrates why we shouldn't be bull headed. It's why I say we need to obey God as best we can. I understand that Jesus told us to love everyone the way He did. I grab that and run with it because arguments can be made for many ideas. But universalism is too much of an idea Satan would love. Universalism is basically saying go ahead and do whatever you want because everyones going to heaven anyway. That idea is totally unBiblical from the OT to the NT and it even goes against many of the ideas in non canonical writings that we have left. God wants something from us. This life isn't a free ride. IMO He wants us to obey Him because that will show Him we love Him and that He can trust us. Universalism is like the opposite of this. Us older folks have been watching what's happened as man has done things his way and the earth is now on the verge of destruction. We've been here before and God always saves us by allowing us time to repent of sins. If Universalism were true why would we have to repent. If Universalism were true why would the concepts of sins even exist. It's not true it's false.

I hope enough people repent so that God saves us again.

Keep reading the Bible guys, especially you young folks. This whole life is a test, Paul called it a race. There is a prize to be won and the prize is eternal life given us through Christ Jesus.

God bless us. We need You Father please help us. Amen

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Spirit Driven said:

You will need to ask God about why he is in control of everything not me, Oh and I do believe the Bible, a correctly Translated one however, so how did we find out the Doctrine of Etrnal Torment was a lie ? well.....

It is common knowledge among students of the Bible that, following this evil-ridden existence, there will be a one-thousand year kingdom on earth (Revelation 5:10; 20:4). Jesus referred to this as "the coming eon" (Mark 10:30). This gives way to a new heavens and a new earth (Revelation 21:1), which is yet another eon (Ephesians 2:7). Those who receive faith now live during these two future eons. This is the life Paul spoke of when he said, "the gift of God is eonian life" (Romans 6:23). Jesus spoke continually of this life. This is the way that Jesus referred to as "narrow" (Matthew 7:14). The narrow way had to do with Israel and the few who would enter immortal into that millennial kingdom, not with the eternal fate of the majority of mankind (Matthew 15:24).

The word eon will be strange to some. It mustn’t be any longer. This noun and its adjective ("eonian") appear in the New Testament over 190 times (in the original Greek) as aion and aionion. Why haven’t many recognized them in our English versions? Because "expert translators" have decided to interpret rather than translate. More on this in a moment.

No two words in the history of man have been so tortured as aion and aionion. No two words in the history of man, mishandled by man, have contributed more to the physical, emotional and spiritual harm of so many, than these. You think I must be exaggerating. But I am not. It is the mistranslation of these two words that has foisted the false and destructive doctrine of eternal torment upon the church and the world.

Eternal torment is built on the sand of mistranslation, slipped easily upon saints who would like eternal torment to be true, if only to anoint themselves "divine messengers" on a "great commission," mandated "by God" to lord fear and power over lesser men under the misnomer: "evangelism."  It is where the King James and other versions unaccountably use eternal and everlasting (for aionion) to describe the chastisement of the wicked that a false Scriptural veneer is lent to an otherwise insane (and inane) concept.

What is an eon?

The following considerations are vitally important to your peace and understanding of God.

Our English word eon is derived from the Greek word aion. (Remember, the New Testament was originally written in Greek.) It even sounds like it and is nearly spelled the same. Obviously, it would be the perfect translation of aion. An eon is "a duration of time." So is an aion. (See W.E. Vine’s An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words. Vine defines aion as "an age, era; signifies a period of indefinite duration, or time viewed in relation to what takes place in the period.") Had this word been left to speak for itself (the Concordant Version does that, putting "eon" for aion, always, and "eonian" for aionion, always), the false terror of eternal torment would never have arisen to deceive the saints and turn the world from God. Several versions do translate it consistently. (Besides the Concordant Literal New Testament, Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible, and Young’s Literal Translation.)

The ineptness of the orthodox translators can be easily verified. Look up the words "ages," "world," "eternal," "everlasting" and "forever" in either a Strong’s or a Young’s concordance. (These reference tools list every word in the King James Version and their source word from the original languages.) You will find that these words, a veritable hodge-podge, are all interpretations of this single Greek noun (aion) and its adjective.

Such interpretations are not only disparate, they are asinine. The same Greek word cannot mean ages in one place and forever in another. Ages have to do with time and plurality, while forever is the opposite of time and defies duplication. (If the reader wishes to imagine two forevers, he may try it. Minors attempting the feat will require adult supervision.) Can one word mean both day and night? Neither can one word mean both time and no time. An orthodox bias has made fools of otherwise intelligent men.

Yet here is the rub. Even where the scriptures speak of the life of believers as eternal, an error is an error.

You pulled this straight from the public website of a man named Martin Zender. Strictly speaking, universalism is a false doctrine and our patience on the discussion of it ends at the line where large blocs of copy/pasted material are pulled straight from other websites and propagandized here. At any rate, this thread has ran its course and is now locked.