• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

https://www.indeed.com/l-Oklahoma-City,-OK-jobs.html

There are 12,398 jobs available in Oklahoma today.    If I were not retired and not in need of additional income, I could start to work next week, and in a few cases the day after taking a drug test.  If you are a certified welder and can pass a drug test, you could go to work next week making about 35 to 5o dollars an hour depending on your experience

I just don't buy someone can't work if they really want to.

My wife has MS and has to use a cain to walk but she taught for 20 years though she was truly handicapped....   and as a kindergarten teacher at that.

Because of what the Air Force did to my leg, I've been 4F and tagged as handicapped but still managed to work for 50 years finding way around my limitations....

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, other one said:

https://www.indeed.com/l-Oklahoma-City,-OK-jobs.html

There are 12,398 jobs available in Oklahoma today.    If I were not retired and not in need of additional income, I could start to work next week, and in a few cases the day after taking a drug test.  If you are a certified welder and can pass a drug test, you could go to work next week making about 35 to 5o dollars an hour depending on your experience

I just don't buy someone can't work if they really want to.

My wife has MS and has to use a cain to walk but she taught for 20 years though she was truly handicapped....   and as a kindergarten teacher at that.

Because of what the Air Force did to my leg, I've been 4F and tagged as handicapped but still managed to work for 50 years finding way around my limitations....

You would be lucky if 1200 of those were actual positions ready to hire right now.  People see those numbers and think they are all jobs looking to be filled, nothing could be further from the truth.   A company can list jobs in Indeed for free, so they flood it with jobs and just collect resumes in an electronic database and then when they need someone the go to their database and look for keywords.

I was in "job hunting mode" for the better part of a 6 years till I found my current position.   I started one a year before my retirement and did not get out of job hunting mode till almost 5 years after I retired.  One of the first thing you learn is that most jobs advertised are not real.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

You would be lucky if 1200 of those were actual positions ready to hire right now.  People see those numbers and think they are all jobs looking to be filled, nothing could be further from the truth.   A company can list jobs in Indeed for free, so they flood it with jobs and just collect resumes in an electronic database and then when they need someone the go to their database and look for keywords.

I was in "job hunting mode" for the better part of a 6 years till I found my current position.   I started one a year before my retirement and did not get out of job hunting mode till almost 5 years after I retired.  One of the first thing you learn is that most jobs advertised are not real.   

i randomly picked five that were at least two pages apart and they were jobs that would be filled within the next month.....    so I'm not sure about it all...  I've never had anyone say that the jobs were not really there....  

some more pondering on my part I guess.