JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Uniformitarianism is the evolutionist's 2nd greatest folly. 

For example, speed of light experiments over hundreds of years detect a marked decress in velocity.

http://www.setterfield.org/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/7/2017 at 5:06 PM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Then shout the truth from the rooftops brother. Don't shy away. Don't ignore going to church either because your churches need people like you to teach people the truth and to help others stand strong in the faith in the face of the Islamic onslaught that is going on over there.

I am not permitted to attend any church, please do not ask me for the details. Islam is taking over throughout the UK, sadly it will take over, and it will do so virtually unopposed.

Edited by Limey_Bob

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

4 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

I am not permitted to attend any church by just going, so I cannot simply go to a church, please do not ask me for the details. Islam is taking over throughout the UK, sadly it will take over, and it will do so virtually unopposed.

It will do so virtually unopposed if you LET it! I live in Canada and we arent too far behind you guys. We are further ahead of the US in becoming an Islamic nation. The only way to really destroy Islam is to witness to receptive muslims and tell Christians to stop being such a bunch of bleedin' cowards and stand up for the truth.

On 4/8/2017 at 3:03 PM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

It will do so virtually unopposed if you LET it! I live in Canada and we arent too far behind you guys. We are further ahead of the US in becoming an Islamic nation. The only way to really destroy Islam is to witness to receptive muslims and tell Christians to stop being such a bunch of bleedin' cowards and stand up for the truth.

I have an Islam section with 49 videos in the Islam playlist, some of which are my own creation, on my YouTube channel:  Christian Comedy Channel, so I am hardly "letting Islam take over," I am making an effort to take a stand against Islam. I have just posted a post in these forums, which was moved to controversial subjects, it's titled: "Why do Muslims circle the Ka'ba exactly seven times." Again, as I learn more myself, I am making the effort to make a stand.

20 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

I have an Islam section with 49 videos in the Islam playlist, some of which are my own creation, on my YouTube channel:  Christian Comedy Channel, so I am hardly "letting Islam take over," I am making an effort to take a stand against Islam. I have just posted a post in these forums, which was moved to controversial subjects, it's titled: "Why do Muslims circle the Ka'ba exactly seven times." Again, as I learn more myself, I am making the effort to make a stand.

God bless ya brother. And when I said "you" letting it happen I hope you know I meant you in the collective not you alone.

Sad when lies about Islam are allowed to flourish when people who stand fast for the truth like Donald Trump, Geert Wilders, Tommy Robinson, Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Theo Van Gough are slaughtered either verbally or sadly, literally.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:53 PM, JohnD said:

habitable-zone-around-sun-now.jpg

Though I have no doubt that it might be possible that there be other planets out there where life may be possible, I mean at least the conditions may be right, the earth is the only one that HAS life. Nowhere else.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings......

Also,I apologize for the delayed response,its still very difficult to type although I am going for therapy to improve the issue with my hands or I would have been here "Kwikly"lol                                I've got some trying circumstances right now but they too shall pass,Glory to God!Prayers are appreciated,Praise Jesus!

Most importantly, I will continue to pray for you and the issue with your hands.  I miss your wisdom when you don't post as much.  God continue to bless you, in Jesus Name.

I just came across this thread and started reading it today.  Thank you for mentioning an earlier thread I started on cults.  I've lost count, but I may have started three or more.  But by all means, I'm not the only one.  This is a topic on a lot of people's minds.  I believe, and it's just my opinion, that the Holy Spirit speaks to many of us at the same time on important matters like this.  I believe our time is limited on this Earth.  We must be open to what the Holy Spirit is telling us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother

Thank you & Praise Jesus my hands are doing well & so is everything else health related....God is just AWESOME!!!

I believe that is right,we are of One Body,the Same Holy Spirit,One Head -JESUS....no doubt He Would speak to us at the same time with the same MESSAGE! Confirmation,Confirmation,Confirmation.................God is Sooooo Good                               With love-in Christ,your Sis Kwik

On 2017-3-18 at 5:31 AM, JohnD said:

I have some insight as to how President Trump must feel at times... like the whole world is against you when all you are trying to do is the right thing or get at the truth.

I was once a counter-cult apologetics minister. Let me qualify that. I was once an active / aggressive counter-cult apologetics minister. The barbs and hack-jobs (with a sword) I got from the enemy I could handle. It's the assault from friendlies (fellow believers) that wore me down.

I used to laugh now I just roll my eyes when I hear a zealous believer carry on about the disciples of Christ and how they would [never] make the blunders those guys did.

Believers cannot be possessed of the devil. Impossible. The Holy Spirit lives in us and he's not accepting roommates. 

But believers can be influenced by the devil, by the devil using their family members and their spouse... certainly their children.

The worst are Christians who are steeped in Church traditions and other traditions of man which they believe are true. And when you show them they are not... you have a religious war on your hands.

I used to buy into the "we can all agree to disagree agreeably" in (lesser) doctrines... til one day it occurred to me that this is another way of saying we agree to ignore untruth and even at times defend untruth as truth alongside actual truth making it (actual truth) seem untrue to unbelievers.

So what's the point?

If Kwik Philly is still interested in what a cult actually is, there are several good apologetics ministries out there. But be warned, they are just as filled with human traditions as the Church is.

I am not saying people or ministries have to be perfect to be credible.

And I am certainly not implying I have all the answers. I make mistakes all the time.

But I listen to the Holy Spirit and I verify with scripture it's him.

And it's amazing what he will show you and teach you when you listen and let him (God) make the decisions and teach the class.

I found my own definition of a cultist spilling over into what most consider "orthodoxy." For what is at the root of cultism and false religion and atheism and humanism is not taking God at his word.

Christians do this all the time. And they pummel other Christians for pointing this out to them.

You want all hell to oppose you? Go into apologetics. You'll catch hell from every side including our side.

John, thank you for this insightful post. Do you believe, as I do, that what calls itself: "evangelical" or "born again" is now gradually, to a greater extent, basically anti-Trinitarianism (which will often call itself the Trinity), but with modalism or tri-theism, being at the real core of it's essential doctrines. Not holding to the Trinity (as defined in the creeds), these people often have highly erroneous views about the person and work of Christ, such as Jesus only has one spirit the divine spirit (Apollinarianism) and Christ's atonement was completed in hell, not finished at the cross (JDS - Jesus Died Spiritually heresy). Finally, getting these two wrong, naturally they come up with unorthodox versions of the gospel, most of which add works (often in the form of compulsory tithing) to grace. Frankly, here in the UK, many churches are now doctrinally very little different than the cults, in fact the cults are often more honest that evangelicals, as the cults are often open and honest about their anti-Trinitarianism, whilst evangelicals will often have a fairly Biblical statement of faith on their web site, which sounds great, but which the church leaders then simply ignore as being "led by the spirit" they make stuff up on the hoof.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.41

26 minutes ago, Limey_Bob said:

John, thank you for this insightful post. Do you believe, as I do, that what calls itself: "evangelical" or "born again" is now gradually, to a greater extent, basically anti-Trinitarianism (which will often call itself the Trinity), but with modalism or tri-theism, being at the real core of it's essential doctrines. Not holding to the Trinity (as defined in the creeds), these people often have highly erroneous views about the person and work of Christ, such as Jesus only has one spirit the divine spirit (Apollinarianism) and Christ's atonement was completed in hell, not finished at the cross (JDS - Jesus Died Spiritually heresy). Finally, getting these two wrong, naturally they come up with unorthodox versions of the gospel, most of which add works (often in the form of compulsory tithing) to grace. Frankly, here in the UK, many churches are now doctrinally very little different than the cults, in fact the cults are often more honest that evangelicals, as the cults are often open and honest about their anti-Trinitarianism, whilst evangelicals will often have a fairly Biblical statement of faith on their web site, which sounds great, but which the church leaders then simply ignore as being "led by the spirit" they make stuff up on the hoof.

I am answering a question not directed at me, but I believe you are essentially correct.  But I think you paint with too broad a brush that some may unfairly criticize all evangelicals.  What percentage of evangelicals believe as you've outlined, I don't know.  But it is large enough that I do not use the evangelical word to classify my beliefs.  I prefer the term Fundamentalist Christian, with my Bible (any accurate translation) being the inspired words of God and the final authority.  I have heard preached the heresy of Jesus going to Hell (promoted by Copeland and others), and see no Biblical support for such an idea.  Any deviation from Trinitarian Theology as expressed in Genesis 1:1-1:2 I would consider heretical.  Does that qualify those people who believe such as members of a cult?  Depends on the definition, I guess.