• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  500
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

10 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

It is very easy to reject this or that interpretation but be careful of the interpretations that have to add to the Word.  Adding resurrections or raptures where it may seem to fit is way out of line and dangerous.  Be sure of this that the dead in Christ must rise first before the rapture and the end of the thousand years is the only time that can happen without adding to the Word.

That is what I was going to suggest to you. Not to add or delete to Scripture. I do not believe you are getting your view from reading scripture literally.

Would you please state what it is that you disagree with and reject and why?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

Would you please state what it is that you disagree with and reject and why?

A normal literal interpretation of scripture would reject Postmillennialism. You are giving scripture your own words and meaning. That is dangerous.

• Group:  Senior Member

5 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

A normal literal interpretation of scripture would reject Postmillennialism. You are giving scripture your own words and meaning. That is dangerous.

Would you agree or disagree that the resurrection of the dead is at the end of the thousand years?

Rev. 20:5,   The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.

9 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

Would you agree or disagree that the resurrection of the dead is at the end of the thousand years?

Rev. 20:5,   The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.

How do you interpret these verses?

The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

13 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

How do you interpret these verses?

The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a[a] thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

The first resurrection is specifically stated, as you have adequately quoted, to include only those who have been beheaded, they have not worshiped the beast, they have not received his mark.  This resurrection does not include all saints.  It is a closed set.  Only those stated are included in this resurrection.  It is only those that are raised to reign with Christ.

The rest of the dead that did not live again until the thousand years were ended is the general resurrection.  This one is inclusive and includes all those who have died up to this point only excluding those who were raised in the first resurrection.  There are those who are alive and remain these will be caught up at this point.

2 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

The first resurrection is specifically stated, as you have adequately quoted, to include only those who have been beheaded, they have not worshiped the beast, they have not received his mark.  This resurrection does not include all saints.  It is a closed set.  Only those stated are included in this resurrection.  It is only those that are raised to reign with Christ.

The rest of the dead that did not live again until the thousand years were ended is the general resurrection.  This one is inclusive and includes all those who have died up to this point only excluding those who were raised in the first resurrection.  There are those who are alive and remain these will be caught up at this point.

So you are not taking the words of Revelation 20:4-5 literally are you?

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So you are not taking the words of Revelation 20:4-5 literally are you?

Yes, I do believe I am.  Do you want to add to the first resurrection?  Do you want to add a resurrection before the first resurrection?   It is best to order your doctrine by what the Word says rather than what you want it to say.

12 minutes ago, seeking the lost said:

Yes, I do believe I am.  Do you want to add to the first resurrection?  Do you want to add a resurrection before the first resurrection?   It is best to order your doctrine by what the Word says rather than what you want it to say.

So you believe our world is becoming a better place all the time? Look around you. That is hard to imagine. There is no evidence in the passages that would cause us to question Revelation 19:1 to 21:8 as it is written literally. If you are giving words to the Bible your own meaning that means you are calling God a liar and His words are not good enough. Your interpretation is very similar to amillennialism which I severely reject.

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

So you believe our world is becoming a better place all the time? Look around you. That is hard to imagine. There is no evidence in the passages that would cause us to question Revelation 19:1 to 21:8 as it is written literally. If you are giving words to the Bible your own meaning that means you are calling God a liar and His words are not good enough. Your interpretation is very similar to amillennialism which I severely reject.

I believe there will be 7 years of tribulation.  I believe that Christ will reign on the earth for a thousand years.  I believe there will be a resurrection at the begining of the thousand years and one at the end.  The amillennialist does not believe any of this.  

1 hour ago, seeking the lost said:

I believe there will be 7 years of tribulation.  I believe that Christ will reign on the earth for a thousand years.  I believe there will be a resurrection at the begining of the thousand years and one at the end.  The amillennialist does not believe any of this.  

Where do you put the rapture of the Church?