• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

This has turned up more or less around the internet, around the world,  and there's not really any means (here, on this site) to trace it down to whether it's a joke,  or someone's teaching this,  or a simple mis-understanding (spiritual, mental, medical, or whatever),  or (as can be found on some hacker's sites) if it's planned or on purpose mis-direction (very common-more common in fact than actual truth published) ....

It's hardly a simple misunderstanding. It would be a very serious misunderstanding bc it shows that the person has no idea of what he's saying. Christians are already considered dumb, superstitious people who believe in fairytales. The Bible as we know it didn't even exist yet in the days of Jesus and the apostles, much less the KJV. We need to be ultra careful to not give ourselves a worse rep than we have already. It doesn't much matter to a man my age, but to kids in collage being a Christian is already very hard. They don't need all the skeptics to laugh at them bc some Christians know little to nothing of what they say. I'll bet even the average skeptic knows the KJV Bible wasn't written until hundreds of years after Jesus and the apostles were gone.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

"It's hardly a simple misunderstanding. It would be a very serious misunderstanding bc it shows that the person has no idea of what he's saying. "

Yes,  it is very serious,  - life and death - ,  but still simple.  Simply understood once the veil is removed.  Satan deceives the whole world.   Pharmakeia has deceived the whole world.  The oil industry has deceived the whole world,  the papacy,  the industrialists,  the profit-mongers,  the politicians,  the economists,  the educators,  and on and on and on without end have decieved the whole world  - yes, the whole world IS deceived.   Except, as written, those protected by YHWH(GOD).

That describes perfectly most of the religious and the non-religious people of the world, according to SCRIPTURE.

Even born again believers did not have any idea of the power they were under, the power over the world and all the people,  UNTIL they were sanctified, set apart, born again, redeemed by CHRIST'S BLOOD.  (according to EPHESIANS 2, et al )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Anything that is not the literal true word of God is weird and bad.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

A lady in our college study group informed us that her mom had recently passed away.  We asked he if she had been saved.  She replied with a shrug.  "We'll see if the good outweighs the bad".  We tried to clarify our question.  Had she ever turned from her sins and asked God for forgiveness, trusting that Jesus had died for her sins and arose from the dead?  Shaking her head again she waved us off, not wishing to discuss it.  

I couldn't believe that a woman who considered herself to be a Christian and who  attended the Methodist church could believe that the good had to outweigh the bad.  That is a world view.  Or I am just as good as the next guy so of course I am going to heaven. How can a person go to church and still believe that?

Is that how people believe when they don't know whether they are saved?   

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,275
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

that catholics were the 1st christians

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The Pope the vicar of Jesus

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, Willa said:

A lady in our college study group informed us that her mom had recently passed away.  We asked he if she had been saved.  She replied with a shrug.  "We'll see if the good outweighs the bad".  We tried to clarify our question.  Had she ever turned from her sins and asked God for forgiveness, trusting that Jesus had died for her sins and arose from the dead?  Shaking her head again she waved us off, not wishing to discuss it.  

I couldn't believe that a woman who considered herself to be a Christian and who  attended the Methodist church could believe that the good had to outweigh the bad.  That is a world view.  Or I am just as good as the next guy so of course I am going to heaven. How can a person go to church and still believe that?

Is that how people believe when they don't know whether they are saved?   

I can tell you this. When you lose someone you're very close to you become confused. I did and a couple of my cousins did. The confusion can last weeks or even years. I also say don't try to convince her of anything, you'll probably just trigger the anger that's a normal part of grief. And remember, we all grieve differently and all those ways are legitimate. There's no 1 right way to grieve.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Just now, JTC said:

I can tell you this. When you lose someone you're very close to you become confused. I did and a couple of my cousins did. The confusion can last weeks or even years. I also say don't try to convince her of anything, you'll probably just trigger the anger that's a normal part of grief. And remember, we all grieve differently and all those ways are legitimate. There's no 1 right way to grieve.

I so agree about the grief.  But I can't remember about having any confusion.  A lot of healing came by remembering the good times.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, JTC said:

This seems to be the standard world's view, 

but in SCRIPTURE and in practice, in life...

Ekklesia have much different actions and inner peace and joy and righteousness in JESUS,  than the world does as people without CHRIST.   All clearly and in DETAIL explained in HEBREWS, EPHESIANS,  PHILIPPIANS, and other books in the NEW TESTAMENT and in the TORAH/ OLD TESTAMENT.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

After someone had died in the hospital,2 visitors said that jtye didn't have to but because someone prayed-if it's according your  will Lord,that they died.

They want on the basically state had they not put that in the person would have lived according to their prayers.

My retort that God does what He wants and that we cant  control His  actions  fell on deaf ears