IGNORED

What happened to the Christian grace that obeys the scriptures?

Danger Noodle

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Danger Noodle said:

No, he has not. Are you unable to read his own testimony here?

And ignore the leadings of false witness against him ?

No false witness at all, in fact, major Bible teachers have already acknowledged his conversion.   You're the ONLY person saying he didn't convert.   Everyone else has admitted, come to grips with his conversion.  And even Greek Orthodox message boards are acknowledging and talking about his conversion. And you're flat wrong about this.

That which  published on a false preaching website elsewhere on the Net and through the leadings of the enemy of the church , as Hank H. referred to and has been found on the Net by family and friends, continually insists the author, who has never met the man. Nor listened to his testimony , which has been extant for 30 years without waiver, as Hank has testified these last four days culminating in yesterday's transcript in the OP? Those false authors on the Net violate the scriptures of our beloved Father in the process of their slander and defamation of a Christian brother still. And ignore, and hope to lead you in their evil, to do the same.

So, everybody but you are wrong?  His conversion is universally accepted and acknowledged, even by the Greek Orthodox, but since you're saying it didn't happen, everyone else in the universe is wrong including the Greek Orthodox?  That's how you spell, P-R-I-D-E.

When we believe the viper over the man in Christ's hand, we are betrayed in our consciousness of the difference. Just as Eve was in the garden.  When a man of God who has preached and held to mere Christianity for over 30 years testifies repeatedly of his faith in Christ, revoking the evil that aligns against him in their slander and defamation of his true heart, hoping an ear will perk and believe them instead of a brother, God the Father tells us we should discern the spirit that compels that heart to act in such a way. And realize its source that would call a man of God other. When the man of God is in the grace of the Father. 

and has been pointed out by other preachers who are his peers in radio ministry, he is not going to be able to sustain his previous scriptural defense of several major and essential doctrines of the faith, any longer.  Those principles simply will not wash with the Greek Orthodox.

This website is promoted as a ministry. I do not imagine the man of God George intends this forum to be a separate representation of that. Pray for those who bear false witness with the intention of leading the saints astray. For they too are known by our Father. 

No one is leading anyone astray.  They simply have the courage and the bold audacity to disagree with you.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I repeat; it is already happening.

No, still missing the point.   My point is that converting to Orthodox isn't going to reach them, any more than converting to any other false religion is going to result in conversions to Christianity.   You don't win anyone to Christ by converting to their religion.    Hank is going to be disappointed when he starts losing his listening base because or when the Orthodox church starts telling him what he can and cannot preach/teach.   He is under their tradition of authority and its a whole other ball of wax than his experience in evangelicalism. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No false witness at all, in fact, major Bible teachers have already acknowledged his conversion.   

Then you should have no problem at all providing that proof. :)   

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

Then you should have no problem at all providing that proof. :)   

Dr. Michael Brown and James White, both fellow radio teachers/preachers  http://www.wnd.com/2017/04/bible-answer-man-converts-to-greek-orthodox-church/

Here is James White addressing the theological problems of Greek Orthodox religion in light of Hannegraff's conversion https://www.aomin.org/aoblog/2017/04/13/can-consistent-eastern-orthodox-believer-bible-answer-man/

His conversion is being reported by other Christian publications

http://www.christianpost.com/news/bible-answer-man-hank-hannegraaf-leaves-evangelicalism-joins-greek-orthodox-church-180035/

Ken Ham and Answers in Genesis a major apologetic ministry online and in print  http://www.christianpost.com/news/hank-hanegraaffs-conversion-to-orthodoxy-ken-hams-aig-says-church-is-ritualistic-lacks-gospel-180503/

Journey to Orthodoxy website also confirms his conversion  https://journeytoorthodoxy.com/2017/04/bible-answer-man-hank-hanegraaff-joins-the-orthodox-church/

Here is a quote from Hank on that site:

I am now a member of an Orthodox Church, but nothing has changed in my faith. I have been attending an Orthodox church for a long time—for over two years, really, as a result of what happened when I went to China, many years ago. I saw Chinese Christians who were deeply in love with the Lord, and I learned that while they may not have had as much intellectual acumen or knowledge as I did, they had life. And so I learned that while truth matters, life matters more, and I remember flying back from China after spending time with just common people who had a deep, intense love for the Lord, and wondering, “Was I even a Christian?”

I was comparing my ability to communicate truth with their deep and abiding love for the Lord Jesus Christ… One man, by the way, said to me, truth matters but life matters more. In other words, it is not just knowing about Jesus Christ, it is experiencing the Resurrected Christ. As a result of that I started studying what was communicated by the progeny of Watchman Nee with respect to theosis and that drove me back to the early Christian Church.

And I suppose over that period of time I have fallen ever more in love with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It’s sort of like my wife—I have never been more in love with my wife than I am today, and I’ve never been more in love with my Lord Jesus Christ than I am today. I’ve been impacted by the whole idea of knowing Jesus Christ, experiencing Jesus Christ, and partaking of the graces of Jesus Christ through the Eucharist or the Lord’s Table. And that has become so central in my life, but as far as the statement that you mentioned, that I’ve left the Christian faith—nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact I believe what I have always believed, as codified in the Nicene Creed, and as championed by mere Christianity.

So, there is no question that he has converted and we can dispense with the all of he drama and accusing other posters of giving false witness.

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No false witness at all, in fact, major Bible teachers have already acknowledged his conversion.   You're the ONLY person saying he didn't convert.   Everyone else has admitted, come to grips with his conversion.  And even Greek Orthodox message boards are acknowledging and talking about his conversion. And you're flat wrong about this.

So, everybody but you are wrong?  His conversion is universally accepted and acknowledged, even by the Greek Orthodox, but since you're saying it didn't happen, everyone else in the universe is wrong including the Greek Orthodox? 

and has been pointed out by other preachers who are his peers in radio ministry, he is not going to be able to sustain his previous scriptural defense of several major and essential doctrines of the faith, any longer.  Those principles simply will not wash with the Greek Orthodox.

No one is leading anyone astray.  They simply have the courage and the bold audacity to disagree with you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am now a member of an Orthodox Church, but nothing has changed in my faith.

Nothing has changed in his faith. Had he joined Greek Orthodox church he would have said so. Had he been Chrismated he would have said so. He has no idea what Daniella from Tel Aviv is speaking of when she gives the details of the article claiming he's joined the Greek Orthodox church, and that he's been Chrismated. 

The article because it has been overlooked, was published April 11th.Hank said he joined an Orthodox church over 2 years ago. I'll let those who have the eyes to see and the will to realize what that means. Now, on to the claims below. :)I'll highlight my replies in red so as to have no confusion as to what is being claimed and what is actually in the articles offered to further the claims against Hank H.  

I notice you ignore your other argument that he has left the Christian faith and the last part of what he stated to Daniella who called from Tel Aviv and asked Hank directly about the rumors circulating about his leaving the faith. He has not left the faith. He said that. No one has said any different. Contrary to the furtherance of the false claims that persist. 

Your own links prove you false. :) Let me help others here to realize. 

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Dr. Michael Brown and James White, both fellow radio teachers/preachers  http://www.wnd.com/2017/04/bible-answer-man-converts-to-greek-orthodox-church/

Found in the WND article: 

Authority of Scripture

Two prominent Christian apologists who have been personally acquainted with Hanegraaff don’t see any reason to think the Bible Answer Man has abandoned his faith, ......

Here is James White addressing the theological problems of Greek Orthodox religion in light of Hannegraff's conversion https://www.aomin.org/aoblog/2017/04/13/can-consistent-eastern-orthodox-believer-bible-answer-man/  This doesn't meet the burden of proof following your prior claim: 

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No false witness at all, in fact, major Bible teachers have already acknowledged his conversion.   

In fact, the WMD article above makes the James White remarks irrelevant to Hank Hanegraaff personally because the WND article states quite clearly to those who wish to read it that James White does not believe Hank Hanegraaff has left the Christian faith. James White speaking about the Orthodox faith is just that. When James White has already said he, who knows Hank personally, does not believe Hank has left the Christian faith. :)

His conversion is being reported by other Christian publications

http://www.christianpost.com/news/bible-answer-man-hank-hannegraaf-leaves-evangelicalism-joins-greek-orthodox-church-180035/  

Brandon Showalter isn't a Bible teacher. So you failed to uphold your prior claim about major Bible teachers acknowledging his conversion yet again when you post a reporter as proof. Showalter is a reporter with Christian Post carrying on the claims that started this whole thing. 

That claim, "His conversion is being reported by other Christian publications, is demonstrably untrue even in the above Christian Post article.  Perhaps you imagine people won't take the time to read these pasted links. And they'll just defer to your insistence that argues you know more than Hank's own testimony . 

Here's what that Christian Post article says in the first paragraph: A response, not a report concerning Hank Hanegraaff. But a response that speaks of the Orthodox faith itself that Hank is allegedly converted to. Big difference. Big big difference between that and actually reporting Hank converted. 

Ken Ham and Answers in Genesis a major apologetic ministry online and in print  http://www.christianpost.com/news/hank-hanegraaffs-conversion-to-orthodoxy-ken-hams-aig-says-church-is-ritualistic-lacks-gospel-180503/

From that Christian Post article above: Hank Hanegraaff's Conversion to Orthodoxy: Ken Ham's AiG Says Church Is Ritualistic, Lacks Gospel

By STOYAN ZAIMOVApr 14, 2017 | 10:18 AM

In response to news that "Bible Answer Man" Hank Hanegraaff left evangelicalism to join the Greek Orthodox Church, Answers in Genesis published an article arguing that the Eastern Orthodox Church is largely "ritualistic" and lacks the Gospel.

That article isn't reporting Hanks conversion. It's going off of what is being reported alleging his conversion and then goes into what the Orthodox church is. 

This article below? Picked up from the Pulpit Net article that you started in a thread to make these claims about Hank just fosters that first story that appeared April 11th.

Journey to Orthodoxy website also confirms his conversion  https://journeytoorthodoxy.com/2017/04/bible-answer-man-hank-hanegraaff-joins-the-orthodox-church/

It is a publication originating in Russia. That picture of "Hank" is claimed to not be on the Facebook page because of the remarks being afforded the claim it is he. 

It doesn't know the facts about Hank. It's carrying on across the water what was proffered as a question by your own threads sharing of the article from the Pulpit and Pen site. That picture that claims to be Hank? Wasn't on Facebook. It was claimed to be taken from Facebook, but it was not there on the 11th when the Pulpit and Pen.org site even asked when it posted the picture in that Russian article, which is where that article derives from, is that Hank Hanegraaff? The Russian article claims it is and goes further to claim that is his wife beside him. Something even Pulpit and Pen didn't dare do. 

And that quote below "from the site" , is the partial, I say again, partial, statement Hank Hanegraaff made to Daniella from Tel Aviv on Monday April 11th on his own Bible Answer Man broadcast when asked specific questions about the claims in Pulpit and Pen article. Did he convert to the Greek Orthodox church named in the article. Was he and his wife Chrismated? Hank Hanegraaff had no idea what was being spoken of, asked, or had appeared in the article in the publication the Daniella woman named. Had it been true Hanegraaff would have no reason to deny it. Because this is America and he is free to convert to a Greek Orthodox church if he chooses. 

I am now a member of an Orthodox Church, but nothing has changed in my faith. I have been attending an Orthodox church for a long time—for over two years, really, as a result of what happened when I went to China, many years ago. I saw Chinese Christians who were deeply in love with the Lord, and I learned that while they may not have had as much intellectual acumen or knowledge as I did, they had life. And so I learned that while truth matters, life matters more, and I remember flying back from China after spending time with just common people who had a deep, intense love for the Lord, and wondering, “Was I even a Christian?”

I was comparing my ability to communicate truth with their deep and abiding love for the Lord Jesus Christ… One man, by the way, said to me, truth matters but life matters more. In other words, it is not just knowing about Jesus Christ, it is experiencing the Resurrected Christ. As a result of that I started studying what was communicated by the progeny of Watchman Nee with respect to theosis and that drove me back to the early Christian Church.

And I suppose over that period of time I have fallen ever more in love with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It’s sort of like my wife—I have never been more in love with my wife than I am today, and I’ve never been more in love with my Lord Jesus Christ than I am today. I’ve been impacted by the whole idea of knowing Jesus Christ, experiencing Jesus Christ, and partaking of the graces of Jesus Christ through the Eucharist or the Lord’s Table. And that has become so central in my life, but as far as the statement that you mentioned, that I’ve left the Christian faith—nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact I believe what I have always believed, as codified in the Nicene Creed, and as championed by mere Christianity.

So, there is no question that he has converted and we can dispense with the all of he drama and accusing other posters of giving false witness.

There's no question that Hank Hanegraaff being a member of an Orthodox church means that he's converted to Greek Orthodoxy.

Hank Hanegraaff was asked specifically if he had been Chrismated. No, he hasn't. How do we know this? Because he had no idea what was being talked about when Daniella of Tel Aviv called his show on April 11th and asked him if he'd been Chrismated the day before. 

If he had been it would be obscene to go through all that is required to convert and then say he has no idea what that woman was speaking of. She even asked Hank if he had converted at the church the Pulpit and Pen article named. And Hank Hanegraaff had no idea what she was talking about there either.  Had he been through this Chrismation just the day before, on Palm Sunday, that would be a little odd to have no idea what she's talking about when he was there. 

Hank on that April 11th show referred to Watchman Nee as his inspiration to grow deeper in his faith. Watchman Nee was a Chinese Christian Fundamentalist! Who was Martyred in a labor camp . Sent there to die when he was very old by the intolerant Communist Atheist government of China because Watchman spread the Gospel in China. 
Hank Hanegraaff reaffirmed his commitment to the Christian faith in that April 11th show, the mere Christianity, spoken of in a book  by C.S. Lewis. 

Here's a helpful reminder to the Christians here who respect Hank Hanegraaff and do not attempt to second guess God and whom he calls to his bosom. Something I've noticed in researching your posts is a labor you attempt to do  repeatedly on this forum. Call people in the public eyes faith into scrutiny while claiming they are not Christian. 

C.S. Lewis was not Greek Orthodox! :)  Not even a little bit. Hank Hanegraaff stating repeatedly from April 11th until yesterday, that he affirms Mere Christianity, renounces the claim he has converted to Greek Orthodoxy.  One can be a member of a church and not convert to the faith that church represents. Some people even believe attending a church makes them a member. Hank Hanegraaff was not Chrismated. Therefore any published article that claims he was is lying. 

default-user.jpg
Romiosini
Answered Last
Generally speaking, you convert to the Eastern Orthodox Church, not Greek Orthodox, unless you live in Greece. In all other countries you convert to the Orthodox Church, as the church is not an ethnic or national body. It is open to people of all nationalities and backgrounds. In most cases, a person begins the process of conversion by speaking with a local Orthodox priest, who gives instructions (or catechism) on the teachings and beliefs of the Orthodox Church. These beliefs and doctrines have continued unchanged for over 2000 years, since the time of Jesus and the Twelve Apostles. There is also plenty of resource material on the Internet, such as by looking up "Orthodox Wiki." This process of catechism could take many months. Once you have learned about the faith and teachings of the church, you would then be ready to be baptized as a member of the Orthodox Church, in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (ie. the Holy Trinity). Baptism is by triple immersion in water. At the same time, you would be Chrismated, which means receiving the Holy Oil and the Holy Spirit. Although babies are baptized without clothes, adults are usually baptized while wearing a white gown with a red cross on it. 
Some Orthodox Churches today do not baptize people who have already been baptized in the name of the Holy Trinity, however, this is an exception to the rule. The correct practice is to be received by both baptism and christmation, rather than by chrismation on its own. The responsibility for this rests with the local Orthodox bishop in your area.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Yes, I was starting to wonder what ever happened to Christian grace.

I can read why.Both you and Shiloh357, who is a member of the staff here apparently because his account shiloh357 is unable to be set to the ignore list, work together to demonstrate the question has merit.  :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

I can read why.Both you and Shiloh357, who is a member of the staff here apparently because his account shiloh357 is unable to be set to the ignore list, work together to demonstrate the question has merit.  :) 

Shiloh is not a member on the staff but he used to be.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Thread locked at the request of the OP