IGNORED

Should I be scared of losing contact with God ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 4/16/2017 at 9:02 AM, mat007 said:

Hi. I need some help.

I have OCD and I just need you guys to help me.

I saw too many horror movies in my life, movies in which persons got possessed, and died.

I went in my uncle's room and saw a scene from "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". The scene where the father performed an exorcism on her, and after that he went to the judge, being accused for possibly murder.

I'm very scared. After watching that movie I felt so bad, I thought this could happen to me too. I thought I will lose contact with God after thinking these things.

What should I do ? Should I be affraid ? I go to the Church every Sunday and I pray.

If you have sincerely asked Jesus Christ into your life and your heart Jesus is always with you through the Holy Spirit. I do not watch those kind of movies because I do not think they are healthy for my mind and eyes to digest. Satan is the one who wants you to be afraid. His biggest goal is that you pull away from God and embrace him. Pray often. Have a daily relationship with Christ. He loves you and He wants to hear from you often. Tell Him about your fears. He wants to hear everything about your life even the things that you might think are insignificant.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you very much! Now, I have another problem. As I have OCD, you know, I am very scared of doing bad things against the Lord.

But I don't think this anxiety is from OCD.

I heared some people saying bad things about the Lord, and, in a morning, I was so angry, I forgot why, and I began cursing and I said something about the Holy Spirit, too.

I am so scared right now. Is this the unforgiveable sin? Or the unforgiveable sin is denying Jesus?

Because I love Jesus, and I am scared. I don't want him to leave me.

Is cursing the same thing as blasphemy?

Please, tell me. Because I live in anxiety after reading some posts on websites.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings mat

It might be a really good idea to stop looking on websites & start looking to Jesus.....No,cursing is not the same thing but more importantly is FEAR is not of God

2 Timothy 1:7King James Version (KJV)

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I'm sure you've heard the expression"looking in all the wrong places".......Look in Gods Word,look in Jesus eyes,seek the Lord & a RElationship with HIM......Holy Spirit has many things available for you in Christ Jesus,like PEACE,JOY,COMFORT,SELF CONTROL,PATIENCE & many more                              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,872
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

23 hours ago, mat007 said:

Thank you very much! Now, I have another problem. As I have OCD, you know, I am very scared of doing bad things against the Lord.

I heared some people saying bad things about the Lord, and, in a morning, I was so angry, I forgot why, and I began cursing and I said something about the Holy Spirit, too.

I am so scared right now. Is this the unforgiveable sin? Or the unforgiveable sin is denying Jesus?

Please, tell me. Because I live in anxiety after reading some posts on websites.

The unpardonable sin is rejecting the Holy Spirit's conviction in your heart about Jesus, basically.

You've sinned, and said things you shouldn't have. Welcome to the club, population; the entirety of humanity from Adam to present. Instead of being afraid, be sad that you said something hurtful to the God that loves you. Apologize for it, and ask Him to help change your heart to not do it again. Tell Him how much you love and appreciate Him. God wants a relationship of love with us; our relationships with others are a mere picture of what God wants with us.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

Here is the Good News,

"What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”[a]) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.

38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:31-39).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM, No124get1952 said:

Mat007,

I have GREAT news for you!!! As long as you are worried about losing contact with God, that is evidence that the Holy Spirit is moving in you to pray and seek God. And the Word says God searches out those whose hearts are perfect (seeking and praying) toward Him.

You see, God knows you have OCD and He is willing to deal with you and actually heal you from that. But He is a gentleman and He will only take you as far as you want to go. But IN THE MEAN TIME, while you are still dealing with OCD, He wants you to know that He loves you and will never leave you nor forsake you. That means that it's probably not a good idea for you to watch horror movies any more. Philipians talks about thinking about things that are good and peaceful and praying on those things.

It is my personal belief the born again Christians cannot be demon possessed. They can be demon oppressed, but not possessed. One way to keep from being oppressed is to go to church, pray, read your Bible and keep away from toxic friends who would rather serve the devil than the Lord. And that even includes ungodly relatives.

But again, the good news is, YOU are OKAY!!!!

This is really sound advice. Only way you can lose contact with God is if you stop seeking, thinking or wanting to be in his presence. 

He is with you, his connection to us is stronger than ours to him. 

The movie may have been a scare tactic by the devil to get you in a place of fear. Then he can get you to do other things.

However as also stated The Holy Spirit is keeping you connected. So even in that fear he is drawing you near. To let you know God is there, connected.

You only need to do your part and read, pray and strengthen the connection that is already there. Stay in that and leave anything that makes you fall out of connection with God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Have faith. Remember James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Do you mean the devil causes these fears?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

On 4/27/2017 at 3:36 PM, mat007 said:

John 14  “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

Romans 8:37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

II Timothy 1: 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

God bless

I'VE FINALLY GOT IT!

Maybe OCD will make us scared and anxious, or feeling distanced from God.

But if the enemy tries to oppress a Christian and make him be scared, you just need to know that, it doesn't matter that you're scared, because you're God's, and nothing bad will happen to you, because our Lord, Jesus Christ loves you and will take care of you.

Even if you feel scared and with no hope, remember the fact that you're God's, and he won't allow anyone to put the hand on you.

Now trying to fight OCD and recover :)