IGNORED

The appearance of evil.

Running Gator

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

I am expressing my opinion, this is an opinion forum after all.  Nobody has any issue with people expressing their opinion when it agrees with the group think, but when there is a different voice, then all of a sudden it is a problem.

You're not challenging "group think."   You're challenging people who take God's word seriously, and you're getting push back from people who see God's word as always applicable to every situation.   It's not about agreeing with group think, it's agreeing with the Bible and not with a secular mindset that doesn't take God's word to mean exactly what it says.

Unity around sound doctrine isn't "group think"  no matter how hard you try to spin it that way.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You're not challenging "group think."   You're challenging people who take God's word seriously, and you're getting push back from people who see God's word as always applicable to every situation.   It's not about agreeing with group think, it's agreeing with the Bible and not with a secular mindset that doesn't take God's word to mean exactly what it says.

Unity around sound doctrine isn't "group think"  no matter how hard you try to spin it that way.

No, I am challenging group think disguised as piety.   I do agree with the bible, I just do not agree with your application of it. 

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Running Gator said:

No, I am challenging group think disguised as piety.   I do agree with the bible, I just do not agree with your application of it. 

No, you're disagreeing with sound biblical doctrine and sound application. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Running Gator said;   So, what all can be seen as an appearance of evil?

See above..................

Perfect! +1000 for you brother. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Running Gator said:

What is shameful about two co-workers going someplace in a car on a business related matter?  Why is that shameful?   It can only be shameful if you believe that a man and a woman cannot coexist without having sex. 

Temptation is a very powerful thing. Satan loves it. And it can ruin a marriage very quickly. It happens all the time. If anyone believes that they are beyond temptation of the opposite sex then they are deceiving themselves.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Oh, lol, I see I posted my appearance of evil speech, in the wrong thread! :) 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,231
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

i think its the persons definition of evil. some say tv is evil and others say that the internet is evil. these things in itself are not evil but what u do with them. as for the having a 3rd person thing, i know a man who was with a friends child alone in his home (he and his wife were upstairs) and she claimed he touched her inapporiately. he ended up getting charged and it turned out she lied about the whole thing but now he is never going to be alone with anyone again.

6 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

i think its the persons definition of evil. some say tv is evil and others say that the internet is evil. these things in itself are not evil but what u do with them. as for the having a 3rd person thing, i know a man who was with a friends child alone in his home (he and his wife were upstairs) and she claimed he touched her inapporiately. he ended up getting charged and it turned out she lied about the whole thing but now he is never going to be alone with anyone again.

Evil= What is morally wrong, sinful, or wicked.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Temptation is a very powerful thing. Satan loves it. And it can ruin a marriage very quickly. It happens all the time. If anyone believes that they are beyond temptation of the opposite sex then they are deceiving themselves.

I disagree, very strongly in fact. Sure there are things like:

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. 1 Cor 10:12

and there is the one that people misquote as "pride goeth before a fall", however, there is also this promise, just after 1 Cor 10:12 (1 Cor 10:13):

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Not everyone is deceiving themselves. So people are able to do what God says, they will endure the temptation and take the escape God provides.

Apart from that, not everyone is tempted equally, neither in the power of temptation, nor their vulnerabilties. At this time in my life, I think I am more tempted by chocolate chip cookies, and I can resist them. Of course, that is easy to say, because I have not been called to resist chocolate chip cookies all the time.

4 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I disagree, very strongly in fact. Sure there are things like:

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. 1 Cor 10:12

and there is the one that people misquote as "pride goeth before a fall", however, there is also this promise, just after 1 Cor 10:12 (1 Cor 10:13):

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Not everyone is deceiving themselves. So people are able to do what God says, they will endure the temptation and take the escape God provides.

Apart from that, not everyone is tempted equally, neither in the power of temptation, nor their vulnerabilties. At this time in my life, I think I am more tempted by chocolate chip cookies, and I can resist them. Of course, that is easy to say, because I have not been called to resist chocolate chip cookies all the time.

That is why I think it is a very good suggestion for a married man to not be alone with another woman. I have read that Billy Graham did just that.