• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Oh, lol, I see I posted my appearance of evil speech, in the wrong thread! :) 

It looks like I did too. I also posted my ridding in cars speech in the wrong thread as this one seems to be about eating in restaurants  with someone your not married too. :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It looks like I did too. I also posted my ridding in cars speech in the wrong thread as this one seems to be about eating in restaurants  with someone your not married too. :huh:

Some people will not eat alone with someone they are not married to, some will not ride in car alone with someone they are not married to and some will not do either.   It is amazing how one tiny little verse can have so many ways of being implemented. 

Oh, and some of us will do both and that seems to be a cause of great consternation! 

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

This is about married people avoiding the appearance of evil.

Well silly me then. I read the first post and thought that was the topic. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus was alone with the women at the well. All he did was offer her living water (HolySpirit ) but Jesus could never sin. We can sin. So it would be diffrent for us in a situation where we could find ourself alone with somebody. It's just wise to be careful. And know yourself.   

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

No, I am explaining that the comment that you claimed was not what was being talked about was indeed a comment being talked about. 

No, that was a comment that represents the view of that poster.   Why are the rest of us being held accountable for that.  The rest of us are not talking about women bringing shame upon themselves.

2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well silly me then. I read the first post and thought that was the topic. 

I didn't realize that only married people could give the appearance of evil.  Man I wish he had told me that rule earlier! 

3 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Some people will not eat alone with someone they are not married to, some will not ride in car alone with someone they are not married to and some will not do either.   It is amazing how one tiny little verse can have so many ways of being implemented. 

Oh, and some of us will do both and that seems to be a cause of great consternation! 

Well I think the whole thing is personal. And the shame is on us if we so Mr. Jones having dinner with Miss. Smith and we jump to judgement about it. The same goes if we see Mr. Jones give Miss. Smith a ride home from work. 

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that was a comment that represents the view of that poster.   Why are the rest of us being held accountable for that.  The rest of us are not talking about women bringing shame upon themselves.

The post you responded to was not even directed at you, it was in response to the comment forms someone else.  Nobody is holding you accountable for anything, in fact you were not even part of the discussion. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

It was a long walk from the church that day my Jeep broke down. So yeah, I got a ride home with a Christian brother from my church. I don't feel any shame at all. I wonder what Jesus would do? Leave me to walk the 5 miles back to town. Of would he have given me a ride? Interesting thought. 

A response to all for consideration: Once again the Straw Man argument has been put forward; the what if this and what if thats.

Of course I, or any  person, will help  a person, any person, out of say - a burning building, but that is not the presentation  nor argument being made here. 

Lets turn that straw man around for a moment. Let's  presume a woman to be married, and her spouse hangs around the company coffee area long enough to end up finding himself  alone with the woman. Nothing wrong in it,- or is there?  She asks; Have you been to the new restaurant for lunch, and he says politely, no. She says; I think I will be there tomorrow. Perhaps we will see each other if you are there. 

The woman  is forward. She should not engage  in conversation, nor should she be alone with the man. The sin or error will have been that  of the husband of another woman, for he will have given her the opening. That is what this is about. It is not about car wrecks, breakdowns in flooding rainstorms, nor the office building being on fire.

None of those extreme situations and stretches of the imagination,  is justification for practicing the error of a man  being alone with a woman other then one's own spouse. The woman, she knows better too. The guidance is;  never ever put self into the situation that may be used to invite sin to have it's way.

And so a married man at the workplace should not be alone with a woman at the workplace- it is pretty simple.

If the "what if" scenarios force such a situation, the man, and the woman too, should  refuse it and  not work under such conditions.

We make practical application of that principle every day. I did today.

We are not of the world, We are in it  but not of it. We each need guarD our testimony in all things we do.

Edited by Neighbor

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Well I think the whole thing is personal. And the shame is on us if we so Mr. Jones having dinner with Miss. Smith and we jump to judgement about it. The same goes if we see Mr. Jones give Miss. Smith a ride home from work. 

What if he gives her a ride to dinner?  That would be the perfect storm and they clearly would be having an affair then.