• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 hours ago, Joefizz said:

When you are "Truly" willingly Saved and baptized,you are forever in God's hand and cannot be plucked from his hand,so clearly any person who wants to take their own life is not Saved nor for God to begin with,

How can one be eternally saved, then lost by works, when works were never good enough to save in the first place?  Place your trust in the redeeming power of the blood, not self.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, hmbld said:

How can one be eternally saved, then lost by works, when works were never good enough to save in the first place?  Place your trust in the redeeming power of the blood, not self.  

and whom said that works get you saved?

Not I,you assume so is all,being saved is all about humbleness toward God,asking God to save your soul(the most personal conversation you may ever have with God and is not about exact words)because you realize you need him,then accepting Jesus as your saviour,because you realize that he died for your sins,which is not any form of "work" when you do so,it is being hunble and sincere toward God,and accepting Jesus,God's only begotten son,as your saviour,which is not any "work" as well as that "baptism" is not a "work" it too is another form of humbling yourself to God,because you are further showing God that you desire to do more for him as well as that you believe that you become a new creature after being saved by God and baptized into Jesus's death,thereby accepting grace and forever willingly becoming God's servant,I say "willingly" because if any are so foolish to force anyone to be saved or baptized then they do wrong by God because each individual must make their own decision as to if they will ask God to save their soul,or even be baptized,because if the individual's heart is not in,desiring either of these,then neither is of use to the individual,because a soul is not saved by works nor ceremony,and baptism without faith is just water.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I would say that God's mercy will meet the suicide in Heaven. And prayerfully, they shall enter there. Because God knew how much they suffered here on earth for to think taking the life he gave them was the only solution to sorting it all out.
May every suicide find mercy. And may anyone who is contemplating suicide and who may happen on this thread in a search engine, or here as a member, reach out to someone and share their pain and hopelessness. Do not surrender eternity to a temporary problem(s). God be with anyone in such straits.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

When I began considering this,my first reaction was no way, never, impossible for anyone who kills themselves to be considered saved. However, after reading some of the posts here, I have moderated somewhat. Yes, the issues are complicated. Yet is seems to me inconceivable that if someone is in a relationship with the all powerful all knowing loving God, He would not bring about circumstances, give hope, light and healing, to avoid such a catastrophe as the loss of one of His own. After all, isn't that the reason Jesus came, and now ministers to the downtrodden and despairing? His promises of hope and healing are real...the promises of joy, security, and life irrevocable if accepted in faith...can anyone please God without faith? Is suicide an expression of faith, or of a lack of faith?

But mental illness is a complicated and serious problem, and we know God is a merciful God....in such cases we must leave God to judge, knowing He is just.

Outside of mental illness however, I have little qualms in stating that self murder is sin, and can not be repented of.

Guest Wanda01

I just wanted to add my two cents, not because I think it will be of any great benefit to the forum, but because it is a matter that is personal and very painful to me and I've given it a lot of thought in the time since.

Some time ago, I was where I can only describe as at the 'end of my rope', so to speak. I had become born again years prior, but after so many different things had happened...being the victim of a violent crime, financial woes, trouble in my marriage/family/job/health, I didn't see myself carrying on another day. I attempted to commit suicide. Obviously I failed and since then, I have thought on a lot of things.

Had I been successful, in my reasoning at least, it would have been a declaration that I didn't believe God could heal my wounded heart, my body, or my marriage. I would have been giving up. Where would faith have been?

The dead cannot ask for forgiveness. Committing suicide does not glorify God in anyway, does not benefit the Kingdom, does not help a Christian in their daily walk. It destroys the body of the deceased, the lives of those left behind, and forever separates us from our Heavenly Father, I believe. I was born again, but what would that have meant, if I turned my back on God, sinned against Him (as the Word tells us, "Thou shalt not kill"-Exodus 20:13), and showed a lack of faith that no matter how bad things were at that moment I felt my lowest, that God COULD heal me, He could change the outcome?

As He tells us, He will never leave us nor forsake us. 

So what then, if a person takes their own life? Do they call Him a liar? 

God forbid.

Blessings, all....

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Those that are born again, yes.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

I would say that God's mercy will meet the suicide in Heaven. And prayerfully, they shall enter there. Because God knew how much they suffered here on earth for to think taking the life he gave them was the only solution to sorting it all out.
May every suicide find mercy. And may anyone who is contemplating suicide and who may happen on this thread in a search engine, or here as a member, reach out to someone and share their pain and hopelessness. Do not surrender eternity to a temporary problem(s). God be with anyone in such straits.

Wilfully taking ones own life is no solution to anything. Taking one own life is saying Jesus, you giving your life for me is not enough. Its like those who annually walk down some street flogging themselves with a whipping punishment for their sins.  And Filipinos who crucified themselves on Good Friday. Its like spitting in Christs face.

A total waste of time. By Christs stripes we are healed, and by Christs death we are saved, not be killing one's self.

Isa. 53:5, But he was wounded3 for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes4 we are healed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:59 AM, Wanda01 said:

I just wanted to add my two cents, not because I think it will be of any great benefit to the forum, but because it is a matter that is personal and very painful to me and I've given it a lot of thought in the time since.

Some time ago, I was where I can only describe as at the 'end of my rope', so to speak. I had become born again years prior, but after so many different things had happened...being the victim of a violent crime, financial woes, trouble in my marriage/family/job/health, I didn't see myself carrying on another day. I attempted to commit suicide. Obviously I failed and since then, I have thought on a lot of things.

Had I been successful, in my reasoning at least, it would have been a declaration that I didn't believe God could heal my wounded heart, my body, or my marriage. I would have been giving up. Where would faith have been?

The dead cannot ask for forgiveness. Committing suicide does not glorify God in anyway, does not benefit the Kingdom, does not help a Christian in their daily walk. It destroys the body of the deceased, the lives of those left behind, and forever separates us from our Heavenly Father, I believe. I was born again, but what would that have meant, if I turned my back on God, sinned against Him (as the Word tells us, "Thou shalt not kill"-Exodus 20:13), and showed a lack of faith that no matter how bad things were at that moment I felt my lowest, that God COULD heal me, He could change the outcome?

As He tells us, He will never leave us nor forsake us. 

So what then, if a person takes their own life? Do they call Him a liar? 

God forbid.

Blessings, all....

Hi Wanda01.

Very wise, and sensible lady. You have made the right choices, God will love you, forgive you heal you forever in raising you up and placing you into His eternal Kingdome.

What many believers, who give up don't know or remember if they ever did read this Scripture;

Hebrews 9:27, "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment."

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

I've seen two families devastated by some holier than thou Christian telling them that their Christian husband/ Christian father went to hell because he committed suicide. 1 What an incredibly cruel thing to slap a grieving family with.  2 Its a lie!   Look at it.  What causes someone to commit suicide?   Despair?  Probably the most likely cause.  No other way out.  By the time a Christian gets to that point, all he has is Gods mercy on him.  He doesn't trust or doesn't know that God has the answer any more.  The problem is bigger than anything else in the world.  So he checks out.  And God in His mercy takes him home.   No doubt he'll have a red face when Jesus takes him for a walk and a private talk but he is NOT in hell.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I get the idea from reading all the new testament that Jesus says he's the only one who gets to decide who goes to heaven or not....    I would not want to be responsible for trying to usurp that authority.