• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes it is sad & frustrating. My mom in law is one who has prayed to Mary several times a day & goes to Mass every day so she gets to heaven. She does not know the first thing about Jesus & didn't even know where the Lord's Prayer comes from or that the "Lord" is Jesus. I have tried to read scripture to her but she is not interested in what the Bible says. Both she and her brother would call themselves "catholic", they would not answer that they are "Christian" and this says a lot about what they believe and who they follow.

Yes. That is so distressing.

It breaks my heart beyond what I can adequately describe to think that perhaps my grandparents did not trust in Christ alone for salvation. Obviously I can do nothing for them now, and I will never know in this life what they truly believed. This is why I take the time to learn about Catholicism and discuss the concerns (Biblically) with Catholics, all the things I wish I could discuss and share with my grandparents but cannot.

Edited by Acadia

20 minutes ago, Davida said:

I know your pain, I've had people pass over that I will never know until I get to heaven whether they were saved.  With my situation all this lady knows about her religion is if she prays to Mary & the dead Pope's she thinks they will hear and help her get to heaven. She also thinks just watching TV Mass daily gets her points & or going every day & at Christmas and Easter they get the Priest to bless food & the eucharist host that she brings from the Church.   She has no spiritual connection to God & even blames Him for the bad things in the world or thinks he is capricious and causes her physical ailments.  But when you try to say that is not what the Bible says God is like- she doesn't care it is just an old book with opinions as far as she is concerned. It is really bad, her heart is quite stoney, but I keep trying.  She loves me to visit so, at least I have that going for me.

I'm truly sorry to hear about the place she is at in her life in regard to how she views God and what she thinks of the Bibe, but I am so glad that you do go visit her and have developed a friendship with her. Perhaps she will think about your words and pick up the Bible for herself. We can never know how God may use us to plant seeds in someone's heart.

It is so wonderful that you are able to speak with her, as much as it may seem at times that it is not making a difference. It may make more difference than you can know right now.

• Loved it! 1

14 minutes ago, Davida said:

I know, reading these doctrines doesn't make me sad, it makes me feel sick and it makes me angry. These statements are just an outrage against the Word of God , against the Lord & the LORD GOD & if I'd ever be in a Rcc Church with extended family and the Priest taught these unbiblical  things I don't know what the right thing would be to do. The Priests pray upon the people's emotions and they are misleading people and tampering with their eternal souls - it is so horrendous.

I agree. Such is the history of the Catholic Church. Well documented and almost beyond comprehension.

Just now, Davida said:

Thank you for the empathy, it brought tears as I read it because I have been trying so hard for her & trying not to give up. She is no longer in her house but in a facility. I've had to do serious prayers over her house to ask GOD to cleanse it. I have been removing her cursed objects. I will not sleep in her bedroom. I don't know how to get it completely spiritually cleansed as yet. People have no idea what they do.   

I pray that God will give you the strength to keep trying and that He will guide you and help you to know what to say, and that you will have opportunity to share the Gospel and Scripture as well.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/3/2017 at 1:29 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: Worship of Mary

The worship of Mary began around 431 AD, sometime after the worship of angels and saints, and also after prayers for the dead were promoted.  This Roman Catholic timeline below is extremely interesting to me, a former (Praise Jesus) Roman Catholic.  It ties the "doctrine" of Roman Catholicism to Paganism.

Source: Catholic Timeline

Something in the Catholic timeline though is incorrect, where It says about Constantine seeing an image of the cross

J. The cross was an Egyptian "ankh" a T with a circle on top, this is the sign of the sun God, and Tammuz.

That is an old story long disproven. What Constantine really say was the first two Greek letters in the name of Christ, the Chi-Rho. This is borne out by archaeology where Roman shields have been found with a chi-rho carved on them, symbols that look like a P and an X

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chi+rho&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKrf-Ezb3VAhWCLSYKHemmCu8Q_AUICigB&biw=1527&bih=743&dpr=1.25#imgrc=1VQN0H066QFNvM:

It would not have been a cross of any sort as crosses were common elements of many pagan religions so would have not meant anything important to Constantine's enemies

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Something in the Catholic timeline though is incorrect, where It says about Constantine seeing an image of the cross

J. The cross was an Egyptian "ankh" a T with a circle on top, this is the sign of the sun God, and Tammuz.

That is an old story long disproven. What Constantine really say was the first two Greek letters in the name of Christ, the Chi-Rho. This is borne out by archaeology where Roman shields have been found with a chi-rho carved on them, symbols that look like a P and an X

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chi+rho&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKrf-Ezb3VAhWCLSYKHemmCu8Q_AUICigB&biw=1527&bih=743&dpr=1.25#imgrc=1VQN0H066QFNvM:

It would not have been a cross of any sort as crosses were common elements of many pagan religions so would have not meant anything important to Constantine's enemies

Very interesting. Constantine truly did change everything.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/29/2017 at 9:15 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

More of the blasphemies of the Glories of Mary

This divine mother, with her powerful prayers and assistance, has obtained for us paradise, if we place no obstacle to our entrance there. Wherefore those who are servants of Mary, and for whom Mary intercedes, are as secure of paradise as if they were already there. J To serve Mary and to belong to her court, adds St. John 
of Damascus, is the greatest honor we can attain; for to serve the queen of heaven is to reign already in heaven, and to live in obedience to her commands is more than to reign. (honestly where is Jesus here? We dont attain heaven by serving a false demonic Queen of Heaven)

On the other hand, he says that those who do not serve Mary will not be saved; whilst those who are deprived of the support of this great mother, are deprived of the succor of the Son, and of all the celestial court.* (ummmm Excuse me? Those who havent accepted Jesus as Lord and SAviour will not be saved. We do not EVER serve Mary, but God ALONE!!)

Forever praised be the infinite goodness of our God who has constituted Mary our advocate in heaven, that she, as mother of the judge and mother of mercy may efficaciously by her intercession, order the great aif air of our eternal salvation. (She is NOT His mother in heaven; we have only ONE Advocate in Jesus Christ and she is not the Mother of Mercy, that is a title that belongs to Jesus Christ and no other) This sentiment is taken from St. Bernard. And James the Monk, esteemed a doctor among the Greek fathers, says that God has made Mary a bridge of salvation (sorry that too is Jesus alone) , by which we are enabled to pass over the waves of this world, and reach the blessed port of paradise. Hence St. Bonaventure exclaims: Hear, oh ye people who desire paradise; serve and honor Mary, and you will certainly find life eternal. (Serve and honor Jesus and no other)

Not even those who deserve hell should despair of attaining the kingdom of the blessed, if they faithfully devote themselves to the service of this queen. Sinners, says St. Germanus,have sought to find God by thy means, oh Mary and have been saved!* Richard of St. Laurence remarks that Mary is said by St. John to be crowned with stars. f On the other hand, in the sacred Canticles, the Virgin is said to be crowned with wild beast, lions and panthers: "Come from Libanus, my spouse, come from Libanus, come; thou shalt be crowned from the dens of the lions, from the mountains of the leopards."; What does this signify? Richard answers that those wild beasts are those sinners, who, through the favor and intercession of Mary, have become stars of paradise, which are a crown more worthy of this queen of mercy, than all the material stars of heaven. The servant of the Lord, sister Seraphina da Capri, as we read in her life, in her prayers to the most holy Virgin during the Novena of her assumption, asked of her the conversion of a thousand sinners; but as she feared that her demands were too extravagant, the Virgin appeared to her, and reproved her for this her vain fear, saying to her: "Why do you fear? am I not powerful enough to obtain for thee from my Son the salvation of a thousand sinners? Be hold them, I have already obtained it." (Mary has no power to save. This liar is making Mary more powerful than Christ)

Wow.....their blasphemies go deeper than I was aware of....I have always thought that people got saved DESPITE the Catholic Church. I know some Catholics that are saved...what a miracle 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Do you believe the error was intentional or accidental in nature?  Why have Christians and Roman Catholics adopted this form of the cross and maintained it all these centuries? 

Well Christians never adopted the Egyptian ankh, they adopted what the Romans most often used, the cross shaped like our small 't'.  

Some say it was Eusebius who created the error, when he maintained that what Constantine saw was the Roman labarum, the T shaped wooden Roman standard bearer

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 4/27/2017 at 10:35 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

a 750 page work on prayers and supplications to Mary

Hi @TheMatrixHasU71, that's interesting, indeed how are seven hundred and fifty pages of "prayers and supplications" compatible with: 

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."

"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven...."

Who does have time to read the Gospel daily when busy on reading that? :P

Edited by listener24

7 hours ago, listener24 said:

Hi @TheMatrixHasU71, that's interesting, indeed how are seven hundred and fifty pages of "prayers and supplications" compatible with: 

"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words."

"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven...."

Who does have time to read the Gospel daily when busy on reading that? :P

LOL I cant imagine...I guess there are people out there who actually care to read that trash on Mary