• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Spock said:

Wait here......are you saying SATAN is the rider of the first seal and CAIN is the rider of the second seal? 

No, Jesus is the rider on the white horse, John makes that clear later in Revelation, so really no speculation on this one in my mind.  satan is the rider of the red horse, to take peace from earth and make men slay each other.  The first murder happened way back at the beginning.  Jesus came first, satan second.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

No, Jesus is the rider on the white horse, John makes that clear later in Revelation, so really no speculation on this one in my mind.  satan is the rider of the red horse, to take peace from earth and make men slay each other.  The first murder happened way back at the beginning.  Jesus came first, satan second.

Uh ohhh!

crash and burn.......

thud!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

Uh ohhh!

crash and burn.......

thud!!!!!!!!!!

Lol  I just follow the bread crumbs, every word in scripture is there for a reason, which is why the written Word being preserved was something God was adamant about and people today should not doubt His ability to preserve it.  It was constructed precisely as He intended it to be.  What amazes me most about eschatology is that you can find how everything ties together.  I mean, who would have thought that Leviticus or Job or so many others would have anything in them in regards to end times prophecy, yet they do.

God bless

1 minute ago, wingnut- said:

Lol  I just follow the bread crumbs, every word in scripture is there for a reason, which is why the written Word being preserved was something God was adamant about and people today should not doubt His ability to preserve it.  It was constructed precisely as He intended it to be.  What amazes me most about eschatology is that you can find how everything ties together.  I mean, who would have thought that Leviticus or Job or so many others would have anything in them in regards to end times prophecy, yet they do.

God bless

When I recover from this fall I will go back and review it carefully......when I recover.......

14 minutes ago, Spock said:

When I recover from this fall I will go back and review it carefully......when I recover.......

I guess that means you don't want to hear my thoughts on the 3rd and 4th riders yet lol

Just now, wingnut- said:

I guess that means you don't want to hear my thoughts on the 3rd and 4th riders yet lol

No, no, no........I'm all ears.  I told you I'm always open to listen and pretty open minded and flexible. Lay it on me brother.

Just now, Spock said:

No, no, no........I'm all ears.  I told you I'm always open to listen and pretty open minded and flexible. Lay it on me brother.

With the third rider we see the concept of wages for work enter.  This began at the beginning also, when Adam was told that for eating from the tree he would have to toil the ground from then on.

With the fourth rider we see death, and Hades following close behind.  When Cain kills Abel we have the first official murder and the first death spoken of in scripture.  Abel had to go somewhere after he was killed.  Hades aka sheol, aka Abraham's bosom.

Of course I would expect you want to think this over, everyone should, as my words aren't intended to convince anyone of anything.  I'm a big fan of people working things out for themselves, so enjoy. :)

God bless

1 minute ago, wingnut- said:

With the third rider we see the concept of wages for work enter.  This began at the beginning also, when Adam was told that for eating from the tree he would have to toil the ground from then on.

With the fourth rider we see death, and Hades following close behind.  When Cain kills Abel we have the first official murder and the first death spoken of in scripture.  Abel had to go somewhere after he was killed.  Hades aka sheol, aka Abraham's bosom.

Of course I would expect you want to think this over, everyone should, as my words aren't intended to convince anyone of anything.  I'm a big fan of people working things out for themselves, so enjoy. :)

God bless

My first reaction is this- I see the seals occurring AFTER Jesus returns to heaven from planet earth. Therefore, I don't see them occurring before His advent to Earth. 

Jesus returns to heaven and takes the scroll in chapter 5. Seals are open subsequently in chapter 6. I do see a chronology here. To see it your way I would have to be convinced to abandon this line of reasoning. Go for it! 

Just now, Spock said:

My first reaction is this- I see the seals occurring AFTER Jesus returns to heaven from planet earth. Therefore, I don't see them occurring before His advent to Earth. 

Jesus returns to heaven and takes the scroll in chapter 5. Seals are open subsequently in chapter 6. I do see a chronology here. To see it your way I would have to be convinced to abandon this line of reasoning. Go for it! 

Keep in mind there are often two-fold meanings incorporated in symbolism.  Also important to remember that the fourth rider is named, Death.  So this isn't really open for speculation in my mind.  Two of the four are clearly identified, satan seems a fairly straight up one to me for the second rider, and the third rider is not necessarily Adam, it could be simply the original sin.  Also note that with the fourth rider it is a plural usage in what follows....  they were given power over a fourth of the earth, not he was given.

Statistically speaking over the course of time, 25% would be about right for the number who have died by disease, another's hand, or by animals.  Most people die of natural causes.  Just something to consider.

God bless

16 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Keep in mind there are often two-fold meanings incorporated in symbolism.  Also important to remember that the fourth rider is named, Death.  So this isn't really open for speculation in my mind.  Two of the four are clearly identified, satan seems a fairly straight up one to me for the second rider, and the third rider is not necessarily Adam, it could be simply the original sin.  Also note that with the fourth rider it is a plural usage in what follows....  they were given power over a fourth of the earth, not he was given.

Statistically speaking over the course of time, 25% would be about right for the number who have died by disease, another's hand, or by animals.  Most people die of natural causes.  Just something to consider.

God bless

Thank you for giving me this to ponder.

Blessings going your way!

To God be the glory....

spock