• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

Jesus forgives us out sins, we just have to learn how to stop sinning. It's a mind, body, spirit process. 

How do you define sin for yourself as a believer?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/8/2017 at 3:59 PM, Absolem said:

That's just an excuse to sin. He saying we need a savior. What about the verse where it says be perfect as I am perfect.

We are all called to strive for perfection but we will not fully attain perfection until we are in our new bodies. We still have sin within us. We can still sin. And we will all slip up a little occasionally. But for a spirit filled believer, sin doesnt RULE us. 

James 4:2 

Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Revelation John's message to the church at Ephesus

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent

Pergamos

14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Thyatira

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Sardis

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Laodicea

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Plenty more examples of this. Christians can and do sin and cannot ever be perfect. You make the Cross of christ to be of none effect by suggesting anyone can live a completely sinless life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 5/11/2017 at 6:56 PM, Absolem said:

Isn't that everyone whos born again?

Ephesians 2

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

To suggest that anybody even ones in Christ Jesus can live a perfect sinless life is to suggest that we can trust in our own works. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/8/2017 at 1:26 PM, Absolem said:

Is it possible to live a sinless life in Christ Jesus? I'm talking about no mess ups at all.

No, I don't believe it is. Our human nature makes us prone to sin. But as the redeemed in Christ we are no longer sinners as we were when we were dead in our transgressions. We are redeemed and our sins are no longer counted against us because they were imputed onto Christ Jesus on the cross. Praise his holy and sacred name.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

We are not sinners because we have lied , stolen  , cheated .

We lie , steal & cheat because we are sinners

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

24 minutes ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Little ones who are from conception taught and raised to always trust God, to pray, to seek God, to always no matter what tell the truth,  to love the truth, to not lie, to not steal, ever, for any reason, 

do not lie steal and cheat,   but they are still isinners

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Nothing can change what's already happened but we can be free from sin as in containing the power to overcome sin and not commit it. John goes into great detail about this. He says that Christians can't sin because they are born of God. Anyone who's born of God doesn't commit sin.

Edited by Absolem

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/23/2017 at 7:06 PM, Unfailing Presence said:

Which is why the sinners are called by God to repent and be reborn out of that existence that being dead in those sins condemns them for eternity unless they do so. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, simplejeff said:

Little ones who are from conception taught and raised to always trust God, to pray, to seek God, to always no matter what tell the truth,  to love the truth, to not lie, to not steal, ever, for any reason, 

do not lie steal and cheat,   but they are still isinners

If none of  the complete list of transgressions was ever  committed then there would be no need for a Savior .

The scripture makes clear that we are all not only sinners ,  but that   " all have sinned "   in the pro-active sense .

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

On 5/8/2017 at 1:26 PM, Absolem said:

Is it possible to live a sinless life in Christ Jesus? I'm talking about no mess ups at all.

No. Because you are still human. However, as one redeemed in Christ you are no longer damned as one once called sinner. You are a son or daughter of God. Reborn , redeemed, renewed, and much loved.