• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Paul's authority is attested to throughout the epistles. 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Colossians, 2nd thessolonians. Etc. Maybe we should have a church made exactly how he says.

Edited by Absolem

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/21/2017 at 3:29 PM, shiloh357 said:

Well, we are disputing your beliefs, and they are contrary to God's word and are not fruit of any relationship with God as God doesn't promote confusion over His Word.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:37 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Only God can tell me his Word. Not Man. Nor can Man determine my relationship with God. 

As stated before the information is what has been debated by the very authorities that approved the books in the bible. This is not of my doing.

I was simply sharing the information. Addressing the OP that is all. No confusion.

Choosing to believe any 'authority' that opposes Scripture is not an excuse at all for opposing Scripture.

I saw in some posts several 'authorities' listed, none of which can override Scripture,

so using any of them to reject Scripture is already failed.

What the reason is for rejecting Scripture,  is perhaps unknown.  Might perhaps remain unknown.

But it is clearly seen.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 5/31/2017 at 0:16 PM, Absolem said:

Paul's authority is attested to throughout the epistles. 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Colossians, 2nd thessolonians. Etc. Maybe we should have a church made exactly how he says.

Amein !   Such a church is perfectly in line with all of YHWH'S WORD, in JESUS abiding , and walking as JESUS says in union with JESUS !  HALLELUYAH !

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 5/17/2017 at 7:53 PM, creativemechanic said:

Im confused about something.  Why do people dismiss Paul's letters as biblical  authority about issues . Thats basically contradicting 2 Timothy 3.16. God's word  is absolute.  Only exception being aspects of the old covenant which was explained as having passed away. When people do this its basically  rebellion to parts f Gods word they don't like

Do you ever wonder why epistles of the one apostle that did not serve with Jesus during his ministry occupies near 2/3rds of the new testament Jesus came to deliver to the world?

6 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Do you ever wonder why epistles of the one apostle that did not serve with Jesus during his ministry occupies near 2/3rds of the new testament Jesus came to deliver to the world?

No I dont. I have never doubted the 13 books Paul wrote  .I dont pretend that I am wiser than The LORD. I  take in ALL  Gods word as God breathed.  What is the point in postulating oneself as wiser than the Holy Spirit who teaches?  If God had an ant write some of his word;I would be alright with it! Sounds like a silly statement doesnt it? Its about as silly as those who doubt the LORD writing through Paul the 13 books 

It is very very shaky  ground to be standing on.  Satan is glorified when we doubt ANY of Gods word.

Proverbs 26: 12Do you see a man wisein his own eyes? There is more hope for a foolthan for him.

Thought that contradicts Gods work is worldly:

1 Corinth 3:18Let no one deceive himself.If any of you thinks he is wise in this age, he should become a fool, so that he may becomewise. 19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.

On 5/24/2017 at 1:05 PM, Davida said:

Look how many here on the forum are doing exactly the same thing and you can't reason with them, they don't want to hear the scripture and they will make grandiose statements about how God is not narrow like Paul.  :rolleyes:   I'm like? ya....Paul the same one that SAW JESUS face to face and was struck blind? The same Paul that the Lord made the greatest evangelist? the same Paul that was taken up to Heaven but could not speak of what he saw?  It is mind boggling that anyone looks down on Paul.  

"I'm like? ya....Paul the same one that SAW JESUS face to face and was struck blind? The same Paul that the Lord made the greatest evangelist? the same Paul that was taken up to Heaven but could not speak of what he saw?  It is mind boggling that anyone looks down on Paul. "

It is mind boggling but then again it is easy to recognize satans work because  it never makes sense to those who have the truth in them. Satan is the author of confusion, the father of lies!   

Men look down on Paul to lift themselves up. They are wise in their own eyes. 

Where is the scripture that states Saul saw Jesus face to face?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

3 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Where is the scripture that states Saul saw Jesus face to face?

These are one set of scripture that state Paul saw Jesus. These scriptures are clearly talking about how people Physically saw Jesus alive after the crucifixion. 

1 Corinthians 15:3-10 

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:  After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.  After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

2 hours ago, firestormx said:

These are one set of scripture that state Paul saw Jesus. These scriptures are clearly talking about how people Physically saw Jesus alive after the crucifixion. 

1 Corinthians 15:3-10 

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;  And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:  After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.  After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

That passage isn't having Paul say he met Jesus face to face as did the others who not only walked with Christ when he was alive before the crucifixion, but who saw him when he came to them afterward during his 40 days .

Paul is referring to the the encounter on the Damascus road.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

20 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

That passage isn't having Paul say he met Jesus face to face as did the others who not only walked with Christ when he was alive before the crucifixion, but who saw him when he came to them afterward during his 40 days .

Paul is referring to the the encounter on the Damascus road.

Here is a good explanation of the difference of seeing the Lord in the flesh and in His glory.  Does it make a difference if a person see Jesus in the flesh or in His glory, as long as they see Him?