IGNORED

Question about the Canon being Closed

Guest Judas Machabeus

Guest Judas Machabeus
6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I see how the game is played. I asked about the deposit of faith (which you brought up), you misrepresented our Lord, I made the correction and you cry foul, 'not on topic'...nice.

20 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

In the interest of not derailing the thread, if you would like to start a thread to discuss this I'd be happy to join the conversation. 

13 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'll let you have the last word on the subject. This thread is about closing the canon. 

If it's a topic you would like to discuss start a thread and I'll happily join you

BOTH REPLIES I said I would discuss it with you. BOTH

AND I gave you the final say on the topic!!!!!!!!!

And yet some how you come across as if I have slighted you.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Acts 16:17-21J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

Conflict with evil spirits and evil men

16-18 One day while we were going to the place of prayer we were met by a young girl who had a spirit of clairvoyance and brought her owners a good deal of profit by foretelling the future. She would follow Paul and the rest of us, crying out, “These men are servants of the most high God, and they are telling you the way of salvation.” She continued this behaviour for many days, and then Paul, in a burst of irritation, turned round and spoke to the spirit in her. “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!”

19-21 And it came out immediately. but when the girl’s owners saw that their hope of making money out of her had disappeared, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them before the authorities in the market-square. There they brought them before the chief magistrates, and said, “These men are Jews and are causing a great disturbance in our city. They are proclaiming customs which it is illegal for us as Roman citizens to accept or practise.”

-----------------------------
MSG
One day, on our way to the place of prayer, a slave girl ran into us. She was a psychic and, with her fortunetelling, made a lot of money for the people who owned her. She started following Paul around, calling everyone’s attention to us by yelling out, “These men are working for the Most High God. They’re laying out the road of salvation for you!” She did this for a number of days until Paul, finally fed up with her, turned and commanded the spirit that possessed her, “Out! In the name of Jesus Christ, get out of her!” And it was gone, just like that.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 minute ago, Yowm said:

I made my final say already, why are you pushing matters on your last two posts?

Yeah here's your final say, whining

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I see how the game is played. I asked about the deposit of faith (which you brought up), you misrepresented our Lord, I made the correction and you cry foul, 'not on topic'...nice.

Guest Judas Machabeus

Thank you to all that replied. As I may disagree with some. I do appreciate it, knowing and understanding goes a long way. 

Cheers and God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

How do you know 'the last scripture was written' if there was no canon?

We had 39 books of canon in Jesus day as he quoted and called them scripture, so we can start from there. But maybe you are referring to the NT canon?

Correct, the cannon tells us this is all the scripture there is, which is why you cannot use scripture to prove the cannon is correct without being guilty of circular reasoning.

i think on the very first page of the thread it was made clear it is the NT cannon being discussed

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

RG, I will respond this once, but I think Judas has seen enough of me on his thread.

OT Scripture pointed to Christ. Christ came fulfilling much of the OT canon. Jesus authorized and sent His Apostles many of whom wrote what they saw and heard. Later theologians deciphered through the writings determining what was apostolic from pseudopigrypha. I suppose you can say that the OT is the canon by which the NT canon is based, but the NT has more behind it than just say-so, something we just take by blind faith.

I am not disagreeing with you, it is not blind faith, I do not believe my faith in God to preserve His word is based on blindness.  

But you cannot on one hand say the 27 books are the New Testament because of the cannon and then turn around and say the cannon is right because the New Testament say so.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Hebrews 6:13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there ...

biblehub.com/hebrews/6-13.htm

New International Version When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself,

HIS WORD IS ENOUGH.  There is nothing else even ever close.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

16 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Ultimately it would have been done under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. But the vessel He would have used would have been men. 

I do believe that is what I said. I just put it in a different way.

Guest Judas Machabeus
Just now, OneLight said:

I do believe that is what I said. I just put it in a different way.

I wasn't sure, so instead of saying I agree I put it my own words. :)

It was more for clarification than anything else. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Correct, the cannon tells us this is all the scripture there is, which is why you cannot use scripture to prove the cannon is correct without being guilty of circular reasoning.

i think on the very first page of the thread it was made clear it is the NT cannon being discussed

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I am not disagreeing with you, it is not blind faith, I do not believe my faith in God to preserve His word is based on blindness.  

But you cannot on one hand say the 27 books are the New Testament because of the cannon and then turn around and say the cannon is right because the New Testament say so.  

Circular reasoning cannot come from God to explain God for He 'IS' the only One Who can! In all other topics perhaps to use source for proof of source... but the fooliness to take God's Word and say it cannot be used to prove God's Word is a fools journey of false reasoning...  There are no witness of God before creation but God... and the circular reasoning logic is out the window by God in the reality of God....

Psalms 46:10 (KJV)

[10] Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

or to put it more succinctly Here 'IS' God's circular reasoning

Exodus 3:14 (KJV)

[14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

His (God's Word) was enough then for His People and in the end after the subject matter of the Revelation going into the eternal state God sealed His Word... closed canon by God and the account now rests with those who oppose Him in His Word...

Open canon people anything inserted into the present is addition to God's Word  by the very subject matter of the Revelation given us by
                     God through John. You may say what subject matter

Revelation 1:19 (KJV)

[19] Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

That would be-> thou hast seen= The Gospel of The Christ's Life (John was sensually satisfied with Jesus being Creator), things which are= the present which was John's Present; things shall be hereafter= as the book subject matter goes into the eternal state... then the seal of the book sealing the subject matter of the book! Now in this-> insert into and there is no way you cannot be guilty of adding to the canon of God's Word (!) 
Love, Steven