IGNORED

We Are Told Not To Question Someone's Faith But...

LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If someone is posting false doctrine we are suppose to question that. We are suppose to correct that with the truth.

Well I think that someone could post false doctrine and still be a Christian. It could be that they do not know that what they are posting is false. But my question is more about if you know someone on a personal level. Where you can see the life they live and the things they say and do in real life. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Limey_Bob said:

The vast majority of people who attend Church buildings are not true Christians, but have  false (fake) fa

So do you paint the entire Church with the same brush.   The Church has a vital role in the Christian life.   Are you saying also, the Church is responsible for the morals of a man.   

What is the solution then Limey_Bob.     This is how cults start, by everyone wanting to have their own beliefs and community and thinks they are the ones on the righteous paths only and  they are the ones following the gospel in the way it should.  At different points in a believer's life, he can change his views on Biblical issues that he thought he once fully understood, only to hear a sermon that showed how his view may be in error.  

i

14 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

But people like the KKK and other white supremacy groups say they are Christians. Should I just accept that they are? While we all have short comings I do think that our actions should show us to be what we truly are. It even says in John 4:20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?  So I think John 4:20 would at less be a guide line to go by. 

Well we also have the term " wolf in sheep clothing".  There are many who have fallen, who have held high offices and were highly respected.   How did you view them ?.

Do you give or have given to a Christian charity.  What criteria did or do you choose to give.  I am sure you just don't pull out the check book and write a check.  

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If someone is posting false doctrine we are suppose to question that. We are suppose to correct that with the truth.

doctrine can be accepted or rejected based on testing sola-scriptura without claiming that the person who is mistaken on the point - is also evil or lost.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,567
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Holy Bible is truth. The literal truth.

Presuming that to be so  for the moment, though I will later parse the word "literal" for all the Bible is not literal at all, I suggest that no man nor woman has perfect understanding of the Bible, never mind have common understanding as to allow one's declaring what  "we" believe.

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Here's my take on it. 

How would you feel if someone looked at your faults or weaknesses and declared you are not Christian because you are guilty of xyz sin. Or you don't live up to what they have decided a Christian standard should be. 

I see it far too often this "judging" of who's "saved" and who is not. 

Fr. Mitch Pacwa often says to people when the subject comes up "that's a management decision and my job is sales" 

I think that if someone says they are a Christian, yet they seem to have nothing that reflects that. Or their actions have no kindness or love toward anyone and they seem to be living for their own self. I think it could be a sin on our part if we don't say to them something like "Hey you say you are a Christian, yet you just made the cashier at Wal Mart cry. That does not seem very Christian like."  

I don't mean this to be about judging people.  But Christians should be different then everyone else when it comes to some things.  Shouldn't they? 

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I don't mean this to be about judging people.  But Christians should be different then everyone else when it comes to some things.  Shouldn't they? 

Spoken in this context.  Absolutely yes.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

7 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Those are conclusive statements. 

And are two statements in this paragraph. 

Not everything in the Bible, is to be believed literally. 

Some portion are not truth, and some portions  were truth. 

And why Holy. 

Not everything in the Bible is written as an historic account, or as law, or as doctrine. Some is written in symbols such as apocalyptic texts. It does not mean we don't believe what it teaches in symbols - but we admit when it is using a symbol. For example calling Satan and dragon.

Sometimes the Bible quotes Satan - for example in Genesis 3 and Matthew 4. He is a liar yet the Bible is still to be believed even then - because it is accurately telling us what Satan said.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

But people like the KKK and other white supremacy groups say they are Christians. Should I just accept that they are? While we all have short comings I do think that our actions should show us to be what we truly are. It even says in John 4:20  If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?  So I think John 4:20 would at less be a guide line to go by. 

the problem is where do you draw the line....    if a KKK person really believes and is convinced that what they are doing is the work of the Lord, where does that leave them?

We can't know a person's heart so it really isn't up to us to decide who is saved and who is not.         Jesus said that no one comes to the father except through him.....   that doesn't mean that we have some ritual to go through to be saved and have to do certain things.....   it means he makes that decision and no one but him can do so.  Only he knows the relationship between himself and the person so it's really not possible for us to know.

We can question things but should in my opinion never ever declare what is.

5 minutes ago, other one said:

We can question things but should in my opinion never ever declare what is.

Okay I can accept that. As I do question everything anyway.