• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

What is the process of becoming Christian. I know you must confess Jesus as your Lord and saviour. I know you have to have faith thats he is God and died for our sins. 

Ive heard of altar calls, I've heard of conversation tents at county fairs. I've heard of giving testimony in front of a congregation. 

Heres my question. Do you have to have a public profession of faith to be Christian or can it be done privately?

It depends on the position he assigns to the individual. He may call for some to be public and others privately. It's all about Him. The individual gaining an understanding and relationship with him. He will direct your steps to becoming Christian.

The unfortunate thing is MAN has placed such power in vanity and making a spectacle of "religion", that people believe putting on a show is a show of works.

He calls the individual, as the individual grows in his presence, in his likeness, than the individual's outwardly self will be a living testimony and praise to him (works). The small details of how, will be done as he directs.

Too many do what THEY THINK he wants, not truly listening to what he really wants.

"Act Christian not actually being Christian."

We must be careful not to idolize the "religion" and forget the true purpose.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

33 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

But the actually convertion can be private. It does not have to be a public event like an alter call or testimony given. 

The salvation of one's soul is as private as it get's .... it is between you and The Lord Who has purchased back the right of you to choose Him! At the event there may be people present and there may not be-> but the event will be known both to self and The Lord Who loves you

1 John 4:13 (KJV)

[13] Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

This event is as such it cannot be kept quiet for it is 'the greatest' experience of ones life ... all that are born of God can attest to this it must be proclaimed for the very nature of the event is greater than all the sum of all else.... preeminence of The Lord in one's life is just that-> His Presence automatically expels all idols!  Love, Steven 

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 minute ago, notsolostsoul said:

We must be careful not to idolize the "religion" and forget the true purpose.

This can almost be a thread to its self. I might steal it ;)

6 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Im not Protestant so what I'm trying to understand is the moment a person goes from unsaved to being a new creation in Christ. 

This would be when you wholeheartedly commit yourself to God. It is a private matter, between the individual and Him. This requires a truth that God sees that others may not. Even the individual may not fully understand.

Edited by notsolostsoul

5 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

This can almost be a thread to its self. I might steal it ;)

No stealing required. It's all for sharing and growth. Share away!!! ???

One other thing: The Holy Spirit yields to the growth of the new birth... it can be as fast or slow as one draws near to God ->for God has placed it as such in His Word

Hebrews 7:19 (KJV)

[19] For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

James 4:8 (KJV)

[8] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

The intensity of the closeness is directly parallel to the eating, drinking, and doing of God's Word.
Love, Steven

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

TLV
And wherever He entered villages, towns, or countryside,  (i.e. everywhere Jesus is/went)
people were placing the sick in the marketplaces and begging Him to let them touch even the tzitzit of His garment
—and all who touched it were being healed.

Guest shiloh357
38 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Very well put. 

What Im trying to understand is can someone say the sinners prayer at home alone and that's enough. 

There is nothing salvific about the sinner's prayer.   And no one said that saying the prayer is enough.   The sinner's prayer is simply a point of contact that provides you with a memory point.   Something you can remember and point to as the moment, day, month, year that you accepted Christ.   If you don't really mean it, the prayer is pointless.

The Bible says that "with the heart man believeth unto righteousness..."  Rom. 10:10.   It is the moment that your heart accepts Jesus by faith that you are saved.  The prayer is just a memory tool.

Guest Judas Machabeus
4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

One other thing: The Holy Spirit yields to the growth of the new birth... it can be as fast or slow as one draws near to God ->for God has placed it as such in His Word

Hebrews 7:19 (KJV)

[19] For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

James 4:8 (KJV)

[8] Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

The intensity of the closeness is directly parallel to the eating, drinking, and doing of God's Word.
Love, Steven

I agree (if I understand you correctly). This is why I have a huge issue with "you can judge someone by the fruit they bare". This is far to common a statement here. Someone that is just starting their walk is not likely to bare the same fruit as someone that has been growing in the Lord for many years. Another problem is that when you (royal you not Steven specifically) judge that person you don't truely know them or their walk. Unless you can read minds and spend 24/7 with someone, we should not be "judging" at all.

sorry, that hit my go button. Bit of a rant, and now back to our scheduled programming ;)

47 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Very well put. 

What Im trying to understand is can someone say the sinners prayer at home alone and that's enough. 

38 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

Do you even have to 'say the sinners prayer'?

I didn't - because I didn't know it. There are many possible ways of repenting and turning to Christ. 

To you both: the conversion is known by the converted without doubt... if there is doubt do not hold to the form of things and dismiss the One Who formed it! Make sure His presence is within you... there can be no greater importance in all of eternity-

Philippians 2:12 (KJV)

[12] Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

[13] For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

for look what He has gone through to make it so...  Love, Steven