• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, RJsMum said:

Lord - Please open my daughters eyes so that she can see more clearly.  Guide her in her life steps, especially just now.  These are critical years and the influence from out of the home at the moment is not good.  Please find her a special friend of a Christian belief and background who will honour her and love her for who she is.  May Dad and daughter relationship be renewed and strengthened.  Lord hear my hearts pleading.

Amen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,156
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:48 AM, RJsMum said:

Thank you Steven - I have done this in the belief that God will enable transformation - but I have no words left and need the Holy Spirit to interpret the ache in my heart.  Thank you for your prayers

I have a Son who has chosen death over life... the things of this world over the promised one to come. However we have The Father's promise through The Son of this

1 John 5:14 (KJV)

[14] And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

[15] And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Romans 8:28 (KJV)

[28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I will not doubt Him that has this testimony from The Son

Mark 10:27 (KJV)

[27] And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

We have the witness plus promise it is enough in all things here that come...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Praying.  I was married at 18 and he was saved 11 years later after praying Lord, how long will I have to suffer for my sin? I prayed for his salvation for 4 years, day and night.  We have been married over 50.

Pray for his salvation as well.  Pray that God help her to recommit her life to Him.  Pray for God's will be done, and that He may be glorified in all of this. 

Gal 4:19 My little children, with whom I am again in travail until Christ be formed in you! 

AMEN?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am really struggling.  I had planned a 'family day' today - to just go out and do something normal.  My husband point blank refused.  I have had a lovely time with my daughter and she has been happy in my presence.  My husband  however has avoided me upon our return, failed to communicate with me, shut himself away - In fact has done anything to avoid being in the same room as myself.   These mood swings from my husband occur all too frequently.   [Another heartache of mine is that although we shall have been married for 25 years this year, we have not lived in the true sense of man and wife for 16 years.  He moved into what was our spare room 16 years ago and has never expressed any love or affection for me since.  I still don't know why he moved into the spare room.   I have prayed and prayed for my marriage to be repaired but this with my daughter now ....  I am not sure if I can take anymore].  Whilst I have fervent prayers for my daughter and her situation, I wonder if I still have the emotional energy to cope with my own situation....].  I feel like I just want to walk away from it all... I am so very very drained

I have been at rock bottom over the past 24 hrs but someone must have been bringing my name before the Lord.  I feel a little calmer but so terribly vulnerable.  My daughter has started to give me a hug again and to spend a little time with me.  This is encouraging.  My husband has not apologised for his outburst and emotional rage over the weekend but he has calmed down a little.  I heard my husband and daughter speaking with one another briefly earlier this evening - baby steps.  Thank you for your prayers for our family unit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 7/2/2017 at 5:42 AM, RJsMum said:

My family unit requires healing.  My daughter has become distant as she spends more and more time with a boyfriend who is having a negative influence on her.  Instead of being the happy, caring and loving daughter she once was ... she is becoming rude, secretive, selfish and unkind.  I love her but I don't particularly like her current attitudes.  Her Dad is hurting bad too.  I am so very very sad.  I don't know what to pray for anymore

Does your daughter live close by? So that you can invite her over, just her not the bf?

If so, invite her for a family dinner or something intimate. And then confront her and her attitude. Be loving but direct. Phone methods are bad because she can always just slam the phone down. But face to face at your home is more a direct contact so she can see and feel your emotions and sincerity.

Being she's grown, over 18 I'm presuming, it is her life. Parents can do only their part in giving their best to raise their babies to adulthood. After that they enter the world that outnumbers family and good hearted intent and morals. However, if those morals and good teachings stuck they'll eventually lead her home. Right now she's enthralled by a bad boy.

Some girls that were raised in a wholesome atmosphere look to see what that side is like. And unfortunately they find guys that they like that fit that particular mold.

It is perfectly natural to love her but not like who she is right now. Do your best. She's responsible for her own choices. God be with you in whatever you decide.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

On 7/8/2017 at 4:23 PM, RJsMum said:

I am really struggling.  I had planned a 'family day' today - to just go out and do something normal.  My husband point blank refused.  I have had a lovely time with my daughter and she has been happy in my presence.  My husband  however has avoided me upon our return, failed to communicate with me, shut himself away - In fact has done anything to avoid being in the same room as myself.   These mood swings from my husband occur all too frequently.   [Another heartache of mine is that although we shall have been married for 25 years this year, we have not lived in the true sense of man and wife for 16 years.  He moved into what was our spare room 16 years ago and has never expressed any love or affection for me since.  I still don't know why he moved into the spare room.   I have prayed and prayed for my marriage to be repaired but this with my daughter now ....  I am not sure if I can take anymore].  Whilst I have fervent prayers for my daughter and her situation, I wonder if I still have the emotional energy to cope with my own situation....].  I feel like I just want to walk away from it all... I am so very very drained

Praying for you and your family!!!:th_praying:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

praying that your daughter will have insight and discernment and the wisdom to follow that to a healthier happier  daughter and family relationship.

Thank you x

On 11/07/2017 at 7:07 PM, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Does your daughter live close by? So that you can invite her over, just her not the bf?

If so, invite her for a family dinner or something intimate. And then confront her and her attitude. Be loving but direct. Phone methods are bad because she can always just slam the phone down. But face to face at your home is more a direct contact so she can see and feel your emotions and sincerity.

Being she's grown, over 18 I'm presuming, it is her life. Parents can do only their part in giving their best to raise their babies to adulthood. After that they enter the world that outnumbers family and good hearted intent and morals. However, if those morals and good teachings stuck they'll eventually lead her home. Right now she's enthralled by a bad boy.

Some girls that were raised in a wholesome atmosphere look to see what that side is like. And unfortunately they find guys that they like that fit that particular mold.

It is perfectly natural to love her but not like who she is right now. Do your best. She's responsible for her own choices. God be with you in whatever you decide.

My daughter is 17 and lives at home with us x