• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, warrior12 said:

I mean the guy had the full works, jasper stones, emeralds,  all the things that would have satisfied any man.

and the bible says he fell because of his tradings.

The story of Lucifer’s fall is described in two key Old Testament chapters—Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14.

Somewhere pride entered him and that's when he fell.

Having everything you want and need can also be as a test of faith.

Virtue that is not tested is not virtue.

Because when having everything, pride can come into the picture especially when we forget that what has been given to us has been by God and not of ourselves.

Living in pride blinds and can blind the soul as it did big time with lucifer to the point of searing his soul unto soul death ,  fervently denying God is who He says He is ( the unforgivable sin) away from God forever.

When one is not firmly grounded in Gods Truth, wealth and fame can blind a person further way from God.

Even solomon who asked God for everything and got everything, struggled .

Even though soloman gave some good advice, we do not know if in the end soloman did find salvation with God.

To much is given, much is required.

We need Christ Jesus in our hearts to keep strong always,

and since we are human ,

every day presents itself with new test of faith.

That is why we need Christ Jesus , the armor of God to face every new test of faith that comes our way, everyday.

Without God, we can do nothing.

And the same was with lucifer, his pride blinded him from this very realisation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,422
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:

and the bible says he fell because of his tradings.

The story of Lucifer’s fall is described in two key Old Testament chapters—Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14.

Somewhere pride entered him and that's when he fell.

Having everything you want and need can also be as a test of faith.

Virtue that is not tested is not virtue.

Because when having everything, pride can come into the picture especially when we forget that what has been given to us has been by God and not of ourselves.

Living in pride blinds and can blind the soul as it did big time with lucifer to the point of searing his soul unto soul death ,  fervently denying God is who He says He is ( the unforgivable sin) away from God forever.

When one is not firmly grounded in Gods Truth, wealth and fame can blind a person further way from God.

Even solomon who asked God for everything and got everything, struggled .

Even though soloman gave some good advice, we do not know if in the end soloman did find salvation with God.

To much is given, much is required.

We need Christ Jesus in our hearts to keep strong always,

and since we are human ,

every day presents itself with new test of faith.

That is why we need Christ Jesus , the armor of God to face every new test of faith that comes our way, everyday.

Without God, we can do nothing.

And the same was with lucifer, his pride blinded him from this very realisation.

Good thoughts there.

Let me see if i can put it this way and give a petty example.  The popular football player at college who gets his way with things and have all the things, including the girls, becomes egoistic and is in a very prideful position and if not careful he can fall and hard.  On the other hand, the other guys envious of him and want to emulate or top him would do things to win other favors and therefore compromise his integrity and corrupt his heart.  So a two way  street of pride and envy that can cause catastrophe and ruin.   Lucifer though i would think, would have been in a position to see that as he was given the head position that no one else had.  Where did pride come from ?.  Who placed that thought in his mind is the question that befuddles me. 

Edited by warrior12

13 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Where did pride come from ?.  Who placed that thought in his mind is the question that befuddles me. 

The sin that corrupted Lucifer was self-generated pride.

(Ezekiel 28:12,15). And he remained perfect in his ways until iniquity was found in him (verse 15). What was this iniquity? We read in verse 17, “Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.” Lucifer apparently became so impressed with his own beauty, intelligence, power, and position that he began to desire for himself the honor and glory that belonged to God alone. The sin that corrupted Lucifer was self-generated pride.

Apparently, this represents the actual beginning of sin in the universe—preceding the fall of the human Adam by an indeterminate time. Sin originated in the free will of Lucifer in which—with full understanding of the issues involved—he chose to rebel against the Creator.

This mighty angelic being was rightfully judged by God: “I threw you to the earth” (Ezekiel 28:18). This doesn’t mean that Satan had no further access to heaven, for other Scripture verses clearly indicate that Satan maintained this access even after his fall (Job 1:6-12; Zechariah 3:1,2). However, Ezekiel 28:18 indicates that Satan was absolutely and completely cast out of God’s heavenly government and his place of authority (Luke 10:18).

As a result of this heinous sin against God, Lucifer was banished from living in heaven (Isaiah 14:12). He became corrupt, and his name changed from Lucifer (“morning star”) to Satan (“adversary”). His power became completely perverted (Isaiah 14:12,16,17). And his destiny, following the second coming of Christ, is to be bound in a pit during the 1000-year millennial kingdom over which Christ will rule (Revelation 20:3), and eventually will be thrown into the lake of fire (Matthew 25:41). 

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

16 hours ago, other one said:

I think it was a simple question.  Have you asked him?  If you aren't familiar with him how could know what he thinks.

No, it was a snarky question. 

I read the Bible. It is as simple as that.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,422
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

12 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

The sin that corrupted Lucifer was self-generated pride.

While i do understand that as scripture and you have pointed out clearly, i am still looking at his demise when i would think that the Lord would have given him or lectured him on that particular sin.  With all the attributes he had been given, and to fall from such a wonderful position is grievous indeed.  But where did the rest of his malignity come from, as we know he is the father of lies, vile, wicked and the author of man's fall from perfect grace.  Did he increase all those wicked schemes and plots after his prideful rebellion or was it all at work at the same time for God to cast him out.   Just some of the thoughts like the OP that occasionally runs through my mind. 

42 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

But where did the rest of his malignity come from, as we know he is the father of lies, vile, wicked and the author of man's fall from perfect grace.

From my understanding pride unchecked unrepented grows.

Before satans fall, he plotted, so his pride was already growing in darkness, by the time God cast him down he had tried to manipulate Gods angels into his favor and did succeed in corrupting 1/3 of them also. so just by that, I would conclude that when God decided to cast satan and the angels that succumbed to satans temptation down, he as well as the angels he -satan- corrupted were fully corrupted by his (satan) & -their( fallen angels)- pride to a point of no return.

I john ch1 v 5

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

God is the same yesterday today forever. His Laws do not change they remain eternal

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Edited by 1to3

53 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:
17 hours ago, other one said:

I think it was a simple question.  Have you asked him?  If you aren't familiar with him how could know what he thinks.

The bible will give you the right answers.

don't trust people who say they are christian who don't believe what is written in the bible.

Beware of the devil who uses his means to incite people to incite others to sin by goating them along in provocative questioning.

Just like satan did in the garden Eden.

satan tried to provoke Eve to question God and His TRUE motives.

Satan could have easily said to Eve: Have you asked God personally? if you aren't familiar with  Him how do you know what He thinks?

As it is written in the bible that God warned Adam first and it was Adam that warned Eve.

So this is how satan got to Eve by asking her  -how do you know for sure?  trying to place doubt in her -" If you aren't familiar with Him how could know what He thinks?".

Hebrews 4:12

For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

4 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

The bible will give you the right answers.

don't trust people who say they are christian who don't believe what is written in the bible.

Beware of the devil who uses his means to incite people to incite others to sin by goating them along in provocative questioning.

Just like satan did in the garden Eden.

satan tried to provoke Eve to question God and His TRUE motives.

Satan could have easily said to Eve: Have you asked God personally? if you aren't familiar with  Him how do you know what He thinks?

As it is written in the bible that God warned Adam first and it was Adam that warned Eve.

So this is how satan got to Eve by asking her  -how do you know for sure?  trying to place doubt in her -" If you aren't familiar with Him how could know what He thinks?".

Well said. 

There's a lot of opportunity to learn what the Bible has to share in wise words and Godly instruction put to practice here in this forum. 

God's blessings be with you. 

15 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

God's blessings be with you. 

Amen sister and you, in Christ Jesus always :emot-heartbeat:

Unashamed of the Gospel

Romans 1:16

15That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome. 16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, then to the Greek. 17For the gospel reveals the righteousness of God that comes by faith from start to finish, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”…

Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Actually it wasn't a snarky question.  The Bible may tell us that he suffered from pride but really doesn't give us his thinking....  That isn't what the Bible is all about....  It is how to know Jesus and the Father.