• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Christyw said:

It's draining.  I don't understand it. The closer  I get to God the worse things keep happening.  I pray daily for strength. Been reading up on spiritual warfare.  The devil can work on me but he won't win. God has got me this far.  

Great attitude Christyw.    I have been in these battles for the past fifteen years or so and though it subsides for a while, it rears its head and it goes on.   Sometimes i feel alone in this situation as i don't seem to hear many who speaks of these things.  I also know that it is not easy to speak about it as  you would be looked upon .  I have bought about every book i knew of about the subject to get  further insights as to causes and remedies ect, but has yet to hear of anything of real substance as to the things that i have encountered.   

I will encourage you though, not to give in as the plot of the devil is to for you to create doubt about your salvation and to give in and go back to the carnal ways of living , so he can have his victory.  Put on the full armor and stand as a soldier in the war that we are told in scripture that is not of flesh and blood, but spiritual.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 7/11/2017 at 6:21 AM, mat007 said:

After winning the spiritual battle, can we be attacked again?

Yes, the enemy hates us. But don't fear the darkness. Put your fairh in God always. The love you share with God is your greatest defense and offense.

On 10/3/2017 at 3:12 PM, Christyw said:

It's draining.  I don't understand it. The closer  I get to God the worse things keep happening.  I pray daily for strength. Been reading up on spiritual warfare.  The devil can work on me but he won't win. God has got me this far.  

What you are experiencing is a spiritual exercise. God allows you to be attacked, but not beyond your limit. Always go to the Lord if the burden becomes too great.

This exercise means God is preparing you for something.

I will pray for you

On 7/9/2017 at 1:24 PM, mat007 said:

Spiritual Warfare
Part 1. Introduction.
A Christian can't be possessed. It's written in the Bible. And when it's written in the Bible, that means it's true. Doesn't it? But don't be so ignorant right now, demons can still attack you, in different ways. Possession means inner-attacking while oppression means attacking from outside.
At first, imagine yourself having doubts about how God is (good or bad). You already know He's good but you need to look for evidence and search it in your head. You found out that God is good because he made you, he gave you everything you ever wanted, he offered you a chance to go to Heaven, etc. Now you're okay and you can go to sleep.
Now, imagine yourself having doubts about Christianity. Is Christianity something false? Is the Bible something false? Did Jesus even exist? Is Satan powerful than God? Does God hate me? You search for evidence online. If you're not a true believer, maybe those things you found won't help you. It's okay. You can repent. But if you are a Christian, and you accepted Christ as your savior, and you found out that those verses and explanations and, everything that was written to help you, didn't help you as you expected, it becomes an obsession. (not talking about OCD)
The first example showed us a man that was perfectly normal. A man that found what he was looking for, and was thankful for what he found. The second example showed us either a man that was mentally ill, either a man that was under Spiritual Warfare.
I was under Spiritual Warfare, too. Satan tries to make us hate God. But, let's just think. Why do we want to hate God? Because He gave us whatever we wanted? Jesus came to teach us who God is, and who Satan is. We need to hate Satan, as God hates Satan, as Satan hates us.
While Satan tries to attack us, we can attack him back. This means, we have power over him. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)
Now, Satan's principal weapon is the lie. He lies. He makes us think that the Bible tells us lies. You are probably thinking right now: "Doesn't the Bible want us to believe lies only to depart from Satan?" NO. The Bible wants us to believe the Truth only to depart from Satan and to get to God.
Spiritual Warfare can't lead to possession, but it can get you to be interested in the occult. And, the occult practices rituals. Satanic rituals lead to posession. Just, don't. Okay? I read some phrases written by satanists and they believe false things. Very false things. I'm talking about theistic satanists. I think those phrases left me confused about the religion.
Part 2. How to overcome it.
You can't overcome Spiritual Warfare alone. You need someone to help you. And that someone is God. Pray. Pray, and don't let the bad thoughts harm you.
Jesus, I need your help today. I want to love you, as you love me. I know you died for my sins and you opened us the gates to the Heaven. Satan fears you. He knows nothing can harm me, if you protect me. This is why I ask you for protection, for purifying my mind and for giving me whatever I need, to overcome everything bad that tries to affect me.
The last thing demons would want you to do is to pray. They will try to discourage you, but you need to face your "fears" and start praying. The only one that can help you is God.
Pray. Pray, and pray. Because you need to pray. Continue looking for verses in the Bible that get you out from confusion. Use holy things, like Holy Water or Blessed Salt.
Do not contact a psyhologist unless you really know it is a mental problem (like schizophrenia, delirium or paranoia)
Remember, Christ already defeated Satan. Why would you be scared? Pray. Because "the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world" (1 John 4:4).
After overcoming the Spiritual Warfare, continue to pray for protection from the Holy Spirit, so that the evil one won't put the hand on you, again.

Hope I helped you with this article :)

God Bless!

There are three main forms of possession, but there are also some lesser ones to. 

Full possession, where the demon is fully In the body, and stays there.

Oppression, where the demon enters the body for a while, then leaves, then returns. And so on.

The third is Depression, the demon cannot enter the body, but attacks from the outside. 

In all three cases, the darkness can influence the mind. "Outside thoughts".

And this is true with anyone, outside thoughts. This is why reading scripture is so important. The Scripture is the living Word. It is Christ. So when you are reading the Word, into your heart. You recieve Christ as well

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

On 7/11/2017 at 7:21 AM, mat007 said:

After winning the spiritual battle, can we be attacked again?

Yes, we can as we are in a war, not of flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  This is a spiritual battle.  Satan will do all he can to discourage you and cause you to doubt.

A true believer, on who has the Spirit of God within them, cannot be possessed.  Satan will try to oppress you as much as he can, but he, nor his demons, can ever possess you.  Read Ephesians 6.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/11/2017 at 1:39 AM, mat007 said:

Yes. I experience spiritual warfare, too. And in the last period of time I didn't give it so much importance. Now, I know that I made a big mistake in ignoring it.

Why don't you pray to God about it? Have you ever put on your true armor of God? Satan loves as much attention as you will give him. He will then stick around.

2 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

There are three main forms of possession, but there are also some lesser ones to. 

Oppression, where the demon enters the body for a while, then leaves, then returns. And so on.

The third is Depression, the demon cannot enter the body, but attacks from the outside. 

And this is true with anyone, outside thoughts. This is why reading scripture is so important. The Scripture is the living Word. It is Christ. So when you are reading the Word, into your heart. You recieve Christ as well

There is not three main forms of possession.  There is possession, but a true follower of Christ cannot be possessed.  Then there is oppression, which is not possession of any form as demonic forces cannot enter the body of a true believer to possess them period, so they remain outside of the person and oppress them.  Depression is a state of mind of deep sadness, discouragement and confusion, a result of both natural chemical reactions in the mind and spiritual attacks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Why don't you pray to God about it? Have you ever put on your true armor of God? Satan loves as much attention as you will give him. He will then stick around.

As you have experienced , likewise,   he will stick around anyway,  tempting and tricking as many 'believers' as he can, every day,  without letup as written "traps are laid every day, even in the house of God" ......

And the "tricks" (traps/ deceptions)  are often through the different (very present) groups, doctrines and leaders....

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, OneLight said:

There is not three main forms of possession.  There is possession, but a true follower of Christ cannot be possessed.  Then there is oppression, which is not possession of any form as demonic forces cannot enter the body of a true believer to possess them period, so they remain outside of the person and oppress them.  Depression is a state of mind of deep sadness, discouragement and confusion, a result of both natural chemical reactions in the mind and spiritual attacks.

Depression can become a issue with chemical imbalance, but the devil is its origion. 

We are in the war whether you want to be or not. The devil plainly hates mankind, not just the Christians.

When a person first experiences depression it comes from prompting of the darkness.

Oppression, an example in the bible, Peter. He entertained those thoughts given to him, 3 x's.  In oppression it is not possession, it is receiving the outside thought, then acting on it. Even it is just words. 

Full possession, you know. And perfect possession you can see in the gay community. It is referred to as perfect because the gay community celebrate what they are. They know it is against God's Law, and flaunt it.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

Depression can become a issue with chemical imbalance, but the devil is its origion. 

We are in the war whether you want to be or not. The devil plainly hates mankind, not just the Christians.

When a person first experiences depression it comes from prompting of the darkness.

Oppression, an example in the bible, Peter. He entertained those thoughts given to him, 3 x's.  In oppression it is not possession, it is receiving the outside thought, then acting on it. Even it is just words. 

Full possession, you know. And perfect possession you can see in the gay community. It is referred to as perfect because the gay community celebrate what they are. They know it is against God's Law, and flaunt it.

I am glad I could help you understand that oppression is not what you first declared and know the difference between oppression and depression:

2 hours ago, Pudgenik said: