IGNORED

Saul the Pharisees vs Paul the Apostle. No difference really.

notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Try again

No need.

People are entitled to their opinion. And their observation if they have rightly divided the scriptures in the NT. At one time in the history of our faith Christians were forbidden to own a copy of the Bible under penalty of death. People were killed for daring to question scripture, because it was considered daring to question God.

Today, we are able to buy as many Bibles as we can afford. And we are able to question and ascertain answers if we wish to learn about the scriptures. And we do not suffer death if we notice it odd that of all the Apostles that walked with Jesus when he was here on earth, and who saw him resurrected as he walked again for 40 days, the one self-described Apostle that never saw Jesus face to face pre-crucifixion, or post, has the majority of room in the new testament delivering the good news he never heard from the lips of Christ himself.

We're entitled to notice that. We're entitled to wonder why it is that a Roman, a self-described present tense Pharisee, gained the majority of space in the Bible with his letters. When the other gospels that are attributed to the disciples, not written by them, are in lesser quantity. We are entitled. And we do not have to suffer condemnation, pejoratives, innuendo intending to demean our allegiance to Christ our Lord, God himself, for doing so.

In fact, that which engages in making that effort does more to example they need the gospel, than they shall ever successfully demonstrate accomplished in their intention to demean those who wish to openly , freely, discuss the gospel.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

35 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Wrong.  We are instructed throughout the NT to both teach and correct.  That is one goal of teaching.  To correct thinking or concepts or beliefs that are not correct.  Without correction, nothing is learned.

Your above statement is false.

According to whom in the NT.

11 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

If people feel I'm judging Paul fine. 

I never said he wasn't God inspired nor of God. I just don't like the way he comes off in his teachings. That's my opinion.

Maybe that's where the issue lies. Some hold the Bible to be God's Word not Inspired Word. To me there is a difference.

A friend of mine shared something with me a long time ago. Let this help you if it rings truth to your inner heart. :wub:  You are not obligated to accept peoples judgment of you and your true motivations.

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

Exactly, I test it all and the Spirit guides me in what is right and what is questionable. Something about Paul doesn't sit right with me. I said repeatedly

REPEATEDLY. I AM not saying his writings are not God inspired nor useful. 

But I have a right to test. Them all because they all are men.

My faith is to Jesus, not MAN.

You are not obligated to agree with the judgments that are levied against you here. God knows your heart of truth. And you know the truth of your conviction when you engage in these discussions. You have nothing at all to defend. Especially against that which insists itself to be righteously superior in levying judgment against you as it insists you must be intending what that one judges wrongly, after you've repeatedly corrected their false impression. They need you to be what they imagine you to be so they can make this thread about you. 

There is nothing wrong with asking questions. God does correct. And yet, we should accept correction when we are in error. However, correction should comport itself with the spirit of Christ and his direction. Especially if anyone deems themselves defenders of The Word. If they claim that and then abrogate The Word by being hypercritical, vicious, condescending, or insisting their perception stands superior to your truth, they lose credibility and are to be ignored. So says The Word .     John 7:24 "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” 1 Corinthians 16:14 "Let all that you do be done in love. "     John 15:12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Because they wish to teach something other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified. They are false teachers and should be challenged and/or ignored. For the sake of the little ones, they should be rebuked!

Amen rebuke with all authority.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Galatians 1:1-17

Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), and all the brethren who are with me,

Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.  But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.  As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.

But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.  For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it.  And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood,  nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

Perhaps you should take that up with Peter...I 'd rather go with his opinion...

And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
(2Pe 3:15-16)

:( How unfortunate.

15 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Amen rebuke with all authority.

Rebuke with what authority? That which is vacated the moment the rebuker violates the edicts of Christ that says we are to love one another? And to watch our tongues when we think to correct one another in private?

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You said people are entitled to their opinions.

I said I'll go with Peter's opinion (not that it is an opinion, but it is God's Word) over any opinion on this board.

Now you say 'how unfortunate'.

Could you please explain why my statement is 'unfortunate'?

It is unfortunate that you and others would interject irreverent remarks toward Peter and even Jesus himself, as someone else did, in order to address this topic.

22 minutes ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

It is unfortunate that you and others would interject irreverent remarks toward Peter and even Jesus himself, as someone else did, in order to address this topic.

Irreverent remarks towards Peter and Jesus?  The more you say the less you make sense. You remind me of waterpot

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

No, verified historical information by Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer.

You insist on declaring the portion of Scripture that the Lord inspired Paul to pen as not valid, yet you say you follow Jesus. Peter recognized Paul's letters as Scripture, yet you now insist he must be lying as well.

I have posted my points and evidence to back them up: you have not. Sadly, I will no longer reply to any of your comments: you have demonstrated that you are not here to learn, but to pull others into your error.

Very wise.   I too when I pericieve in one that they have no desire to hear , but just to corrupt, I flee fast and don't look back.