• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Steve_K said:

Since we know the Shriners are a part of the Masons, is it right to contribute to Shriner's Hospitals?

What would you do
?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/31/2017 at 8:21 AM, Steve_K said:

Since we know the Shriners are a part of the Masons, is it right to contribute to Shriner's Hospitals?

Hi Steve,

Evil does good works. If you  have compassion for the good work of an evil and want to support that work, give to it for for the work. I appreciate their  great work of their Children's Hospitals.

I also appreciate the work of Children's Hospital of Orange County located at Santa Ana Ca. And St. Jude's. I would not think of any of them as "Christian", but they  are organizations that also do good work for children and their families, really wondrous work.

Of course Masonry is a cult. It has all the marks of a cult. To argue it is not a cult is to not know it, or not know what a cult is.

One of the primers on information about cults and of masonry  are the standards written  by Walter Martin in his various writings and investigations on cults. He has several books specifically on Masons and there is a supply of presentations by him on youtube as well, available for anyone that may want to see hear or read of the cults especially that of Free Masonry.

Further: If God takes even what is intended for evil and can turn it for the good, I think He can find the generous heart of a Christian in a donor to Shriners, that person having given for the good work he has seen, and having given it in the name of Jesus from a saint in Jesus, especially for the benefit of a child. Yep, I think He will see your heart, if you decide to give to that Cult's work, for children and that God will be glorified in that gift too.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Of course Masonry is a cult. It has all the marks of a cult.

It is not a cult. You may leave at anytime you wish to do so. But no one is going to believe anything I say regardless of my experience so whats the point of me saying it? <_<

• Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

38 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It is not a cult. You may leave at anytime you wish to do so. But no one is going to believe anything I say regardless of my experience so whats the point of me saying it? <_<

DearLady Kay,

Loving family  members of a cult does not changeth enature of a cult. It is okay to love your family.

None the less FreeMasonry is a cult. 

If you re interested you will have to do your in depth study.

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

DearLady Kay,

Loving family  members of a cult does not changeth enature of a cult. It is okay to love your family.

None the less FreeMasonry is a cult. 

If you re interested you will have to do your in depth study.

The Masons are not a cult. Anymore then the Moose lodge is a cult.  But I am not going to on on about it on here. As it seems no one is willing to chance what they think once they think that they are right. So I will take my leave of this topic and let you all carry on.  Peace. :th_handshake:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

13 minutes ago, Davida said:

No I would not donate to the Shriners.  If you want to give to those Hospitals -- Do it DIRECTLY. :)

Agreed.   You just give to them directly.   And praise the LORD for HE IS GOOD amen.

19 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well no, I am actually going by the facts that I know about the Masons having known a few personally.  As for my "follow your heart" comment. It is just another way of me saying "follow how the Holy Spirit directs you. As I feel many of our questions on what we should do in life can be answered by seeking out the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is also my believe that following the direction of God and the Holy Spirit does not always line up with what other well meaning, helpful people are telling us to do. As I believe God has a plan for all of us and some times things need to happen in order for the plan to be carried out. Some of those things may not line up with what people are telling you you should do. 

Well I think I covered the "opinion" part by explaining I was point out "facts" which are not "opinions".   But also I do not understand why you are accusing me of going against God's word and all of that stuff. Like I posted. I am not telling any one that a Christian should join the Masons. After all I didn't think I should join the women's branch of it.  I just wanted to clarify that Masons are not "evil" and our not enemy. 

Have you ever spoken to higher degree masons or studied this religion.    IF you had, you would know its not of God.

i think you just have not spoken to some of them or have not seen this religion .   IF you had i am sure you would agree its evil , no matter how many good works is has.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/31/2017 at 8:57 AM, simplejeff said:

You do realize they promote, preach, and practice a false gospel, right ?  

i.e. they put on a good show, looking good,  but not for Christ, and not in Christ.

Just my 2 cents.

You are so correct in your assessment. From my research the lower degree Masons don't have a clue of the founding and practices of Free Masonry, Scottish Rite, its beginnings, etc. The secrecy of it all should be clue number one, followed by the rites, rituals and requirements progressing in degrees. It's obvious they do some good works, but for whom and why?There are a number of former 32nd degree Masons who have become Christians and left the Masons / Shriner's when they eventually found out their true belief's and practices. One name that comes to mind is "Larry Bates", whom is having a legal problem with fraud presently. 

18 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Have you ever spoken to higher degree masons or studied this religion.    IF you had, you would know its not of God.

i think you just have not spoken to some of them or have not seen this religion .   IF you had i am sure you would agree its evil , no matter how many good works is has.

It is not a religion. :huh:

Just now, LadyKay said:

It is not a religion. :huh:

Did I mistake if for free masons .    But I have spoken to masons.    they may not call it a religion, but it is, its a belief and practice of that belief.

I cannot remember if masons are tied into the ones who go up to the thirty third degree. mason.  

PRAY they are not , if they are..............flee them and never look back.