• Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 9/9/2017 at 0:38 PM, spiderman1917 said:

Thanks Omegaman!

And please Kiwi, recite what the Church actually teaches when you wish to point out an error.

errors?  ok

infant baptism

immaculate conception of mary

mary queen of heaven

purgatory

praying to physically dead people

the rossary

idolatry

mass

the papacy

the rcc sacrificial priesthood

these things i believe are anti-Christian and un-Biblical.

yes, i have heard the prerehersed, standard replies or excuses for these things, so lets see if you are a robot or not. :)

For example, the Church actually does not teach that we are saved by works, though the myth remains strangely prevalent.  Neither does the Church teach that Mary is Divine or that it is permissable to adore anyone other than God.

yes, u believe you are saved by grace. but, tell me, HOW do you OBTAIN that grace?

i never said catholicism teaches mary is divine. however, you have put mary in a position pretty much co-equal with Christ where she does not belong.

The bigger-than-life Mary of Roman Catholicism is a FALSE portrayal of the Biblical Mary (the Bible never portrays Mary as being anything more than a godly woman used by God).

"Sinners receive pardon by the intercession of Mary alone." St. John Chrysostom

"All those who seek Mary’s protection will be saved for all eternity." Pope Benedict XV

Pope Pius IX in 1854  “Let all the children of the Catholic Church ... Proceed to worship, invoke, and pray to the most blessed Virgin Mary, mother of God. ”  

"For to be right and good, worship of the Mother of God ought to spring from the heart; acts of the body have here neither utility nor value if the acts of the soul have no part in them" ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS X ON THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION Given at Rome in St. Peter's on the second day of February, 1904, in the first year of Our Pontificate. http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_x/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-x_enc_02021904_ad-diem-illum-laetissimum_en.html

We may affirm that by the will of God, nothing is given to us without Mary's mediation, in such a way that just as no one can approach the Almighty Father but through His Son, so no one, so to speak, can approach Christ but through His Mother.Pope Leo XIII, Adjutricem populi, 5 September 1895: http://www.rosarychurch.net/mary/mediatrix.html

Catholics foolishly say they don't pray to mary, yet others do. This is not the issue. The issue is that the catholic organisation TEACHES you to pray to mary and the "saints" ( CCC 2675, 2679 ), yet God tells us to pray to HIM ALONE! So many Biblical contradiction in the catholic organisation

Also, you said the Church doesn't allow married Bishops.  False!  The Church does permit there to be married Bishops, they just can't be in the Latin rite.  There are more than 20 rites in Catholicism.  If one wishes to be a married priest , one must simply join another rite.

so there IS a denomination of catholicism that forbids it?!

I also see your understanding of Papal infallibility is off. 

no, i know that the popes have made i think THREE infallible statements. all 3 contradict the Bible, though.

Your understanding of what the Antichrist teaches is way off and totally contradicts the Scriptures you claim to cherish.

Scripture clearly spells out how to test the spirits and what the spirit of the Antichrist teaches.

I suggest you not harm your credibility so much.  That would be the first step in winning people to your cause.

i am not trying to "win" anyone. i cant anyhow.

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8

thank you for pointing out one of my references may be off.

The Lateran Council, addressing Pope Julius II in an oration delivered by Marcellus states, â€˜Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, tou art physician, thou art governor, thou are husbandman, thou finally ART ANOTHER GOD ON EARTH’ Council Edit. Colm. Agrip. 1618.

All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope." (On the Authority of the Councils, book 2, chapter 17)

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." (Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous)

"To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical." (the Gloss "Extravagantes" o.f Pope John XXII Cum inter, Tit. XIV, Cap. IV. Ad Callem Sexti Decretalium, Paris, 1685)

"Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions." (Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, 'Papa II', p.26)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

errors?  ok

infant baptism

immaculate conception of mary

mary queen of heaven

purgatory

praying to physically dead people

the rossary

idolatry

mass

the papacy

the rcc sacrificial priesthood

these things i believe are anti-Christian and un-Biblical.

yes, i have heard the prerehersed, standard replies or excuses for these things, so lets see if you are a robot or not. :)

yes, u believe you are saved by grace. but, tell me, HOW do you OBTAIN that grace?

i never said catholicism teaches mary is divine. however, you have put mary in a position pretty much co-equal with Christ where she does not belong.

The bigger-than-life Mary of Roman Catholicism is a FALSE portrayal of the Biblical Mary (the Bible never portrays Mary as being anything more than a godly woman used by God).

"Sinners receive pardon by the intercession of Mary alone." St. John Chrysostom

"All those who seek Mary’s protection will be saved for all eternity." Pope Benedict XV

Pope Pius IX in 1854  “Let all the children of the Catholic Church ... Proceed to worship, invoke, and pray to the most blessed Virgin Mary, mother of God. ”  

"For to be right and good, worship of the Mother of God ought to spring from the heart; acts of the body have here neither utility nor value if the acts of the soul have no part in them" ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS X ON THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION Given at Rome in St. Peter's on the second day of February, 1904, in the first year of Our Pontificate. http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/pius_x/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-x_enc_02021904_ad-diem-illum-laetissimum_en.html

We may affirm that by the will of God, nothing is given to us without Mary's mediation, in such a way that just as no one can approach the Almighty Father but through His Son, so no one, so to speak, can approach Christ but through His Mother.Pope Leo XIII, Adjutricem populi, 5 September 1895: http://www.rosarychurch.net/mary/mediatrix.html

Catholics foolishly say they don't pray to mary, yet others do. This is not the issue. The issue is that the catholic organisation TEACHES you to pray to mary and the "saints" ( CCC 2675, 2679 ), yet God tells us to pray to HIM ALONE! So many Biblical contradiction in the catholic organisation

so there IS a denomination of catholicism that forbids it?!

no, i know that the popes have made i think THREE infallible statements. all 3 contradict the Bible, though.

i am not trying to "win" anyone. i cant anyhow.

First off, I'm not Catholic, I just like to pray in Catholic cathedrals.

Second, I'm not here to defend Catholic Dogma.  Since I think the Church has practices that resemble Paganism and necromancy, there is no point in defending it.

I'm trying to promote Christian unity.  Catholics are Christian.  Many Catholics keep the "entire law".

If they keep the entire law better than you, they are a better Christian than you even if they ask Mary to pray for them.  Do you know what Scripture says the entire law is??  I see from your hostilities that you are lacking.

There is a rite in Catholicism that enforces priestly celibacy.  Other rites allow married priest.

Also, the Bible doesn't say the word of God is limited to the Bible.  The Bible doesn't teach that the Bible is the only source of theological truth.

And yes, the Catholic Church did put together the first Christian Bible and for centuries the RCC was the only Church on the face of the Earth that taught "Jesus is Lord".

4 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

First off, I'm not Catholic, I just like to pray in Catholic cathedrals.

i know you are not catholic. 

Second, I'm not here to defend Catholic Dogma.  Since I think the Church has practices that resemble Paganism and necromancy, there is no point in defending it.

nor am i. i agree with you.

Cardinal Newman, in his book, "The Development of the Christian Religion," admits that ... "Temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, holidays and season of devotions, processions, blessing of fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests and monks and nuns), images ... are ALL of pagan origin..." (Page 359).

“Through some crack or other in the temple of God, the smoke of Satan has entered .” — Pope Paul VI, 1972

I'm trying to promote Christian unity.  Catholics are Christian.  Many Catholics keep the "entire law".

i agree there should be Christian unity.

your next statement is incorrect. sure, individual catholics CAN be Christian. but they will be Christian DESPITE their religion not BECAUSE of it.

CatholicISM is not Christian.

such as? what IS the "entire law"

plus, we are no longer under law, but under GRACE.

If they keep the entire law better than you, they are a better Christian than you even if they ask Mary to pray for them.  Do you know what Scripture says the entire law is??  I see from your hostilities that you are lacking.

the Bible says our works are as filthy rags.

and, re: "hostilities", i am truly sorry if i come across as hostile, offensive or holier-than-thou.

i certainly dont mean to be. 

please dont misinterpret passion with hostility, my friend.

There is a rite in Catholicism that enforces priestly celibacy.  Other rites allow married priest.

i know. they still forbid it in one or more catholic denominations.

Also, the Bible doesn't say the word of God is limited to the Bible.  The Bible doesn't teach that the Bible is the only source of theological truth.

The Bible says it contains everything we NEED for salvation.

When you no longer trust the Bible as your sole rule of faith or your final authority or say the Bible is NOT sufficient, you start to run into some MAJOR problems! ie: mormonism, jehovahs witnesses, christian science, islam, church of christ, seventh day adventism, moonies, etc.

And yes, the Catholic Church did put together the first Christian Bible and for centuries the RCC was the only Church on the face of the Earth that taught "Jesus is Lord".

aahh, no longer you say the ROMAN catholic church?

the Church that Jesus started is NOT the roman catholic church we see today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

i know you are not catholic. 

nor am i. i agree with you.

Cardinal Newman, in his book, "The Development of the Christian Religion," admits that ... "Temples, incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, holidays and season of devotions, processions, blessing of fields, sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests and monks and nuns), images ... are ALL of pagan origin..." (Page 359).

“Through some crack or other in the temple of God, the smoke of Satan has entered .” — Pope Paul VI, 1972

i agree there should be Christian unity.

your next statement is incorrect. sure, individual catholics CAN be Christian. but they will be Christian DESPITE their religion not BECAUSE of it.

CatholicISM is not Christian.

such as? what IS the "entire law"

plus, we are no longer under law, but under GRACE.

the Bible says our works are as filthy rags.

and, re: "hostilities", i am truly sorry if i come across as hostile, offensive or holier-than-thou.

i certainly dont mean to be. 

please dont misinterpret passion with hostility, my friend.

i know. they still forbid it in one or more catholic denominations.

The Bible says it contains everything we NEED for salvation.

When you no longer trust the Bible as your sole rule of faith or your final authority or say the Bible is NOT sufficient, you start to run into some MAJOR problems! ie: mormonism, jehovahs witnesses, christian science, islam, church of christ, seventh day adventism, moonies, etc.

aahh, no longer you say the ROMAN catholic church?

the Church that Jesus started is NOT the roman catholic church we see today.

As I said, many Catholics keep the ENTIRE law

Galatians 5:14 ►

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

2 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Really? thats the only point you addressed?

So you think catholics love their neighbors?

go to your library and look up the inquisitions.

Catholicism also teaches that only THEY are the true church.

"On August 24, 1527, Roman Catholics in France, by prearranged plan, under Jesuit influence, murdered 70,000 Protestants within the space of two months. The Pope rejoiced when he heard the news of the successful outcome."-Western Watchman, Nov.21, 1912 (Catholic)

Therefore the pope ordered "that malicious and abominable sect of malignants," if they "refuse to abjure, to be crushed like venomous snakes."--Wylie, b. 16, ch. 1.

Decreti, pars ii. causa xxiii. quaest v. can. xlvii: "Those are not to be accounted homicides who, fired with zeal for Mother Church, may have killed excommunicated persons."

"That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind, will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history . . . It is impossible to form a complete conception of the multitude of her victims, and it is quite certain that no powers of imagination can adequately realize their sufferings."--W. E. H. Lecky, History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, vol. 2, p. 32, 1910 edition.  (An excellent though lengthy article describing in detail the right of the Roman Catholic Church to do this, will be found in The Catholic Encyclopedia, vol. 12, p. 266.)

"For professing faith contrary to the teachings of the Church of Rome, history records the martyrdom of more then one hundred million people. A million Waldenses and Albigenses [Swiss and French Protestants] perished during a crusade proclaimed by Pope Innocent III in 1208. Beginning from the establishment of the Jesuits in 1540 to 1580, nine hundred thousand were destroyed. One hundred and fifty thousand perished by the Inquisition in thirty years. Within the space of thirty-eight years after the edict of Charles V against the Protestants, fifty thousand persons were hanged, beheaded, or burned alive for heresy. Eighteen thousand more perished during the administration of the Duke of Alva in five and a half years."--Brief Bible Readings, p. 16.

There were Waldensians ( Who in 1487 Pope Innocent VIII issued a bull for their extermination ) , Albigensians ( who Pope Innocent III initiated a 20-year military campaign against ), the Huguenots, etc.

"Experience teaches that there is no other remedy for the evil, but to put heretics (Protestants) to death; for the (Romish) church proceeded gradually and tried every remedy: at first she merely excommunicatied them; afterwards she added a fine; then she banished them; and finally she was constrained to put them to death." -Cardinal Bellarmine famous champion of Romanism cited by Schumucker p. 76. The Word of God says... "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.  And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me." John 16:2-3

"You ask if he (the Roman Catholic) were lord in the land, and you were in a minority, if not in numbers yet in power, what would he do to you? That, we say, would entirely depend upon circumstances. If it would benefit the cause of Catholicism, he would tolerate you: If expedient, he would imprison you, banish you, fine you; possibly, he might even hang you. But be assured of one thing: He would never tolerate you for the sake of 'the glorious principles of civil and religious liberty' . . . Catholicism is the most intolerant of creeds. It is intolerance itself, for it is truth itself."--"Civil and Religious Liberty," in The Rambler, 8, Sept, 1851, pp. 174, 178. ["The Rambler" was an English Roman Catholic journal published from 1848 to 1862].

"From the birth of popery to the present time, it is estimated by careful and credible historians, that more than fifty millions of the human family, have been slaughtered for the crime of heresy by popish persecutors,--an average of more than 40,000 religious murders for every year of the existence of popery to the present day. Of course the average number of victims yearly, was vastly greater, during those gloomy ages when popery was in her glory and reigned despot of the world; and it has been much less since the power of the popes has diminished to tyrannize over the nations, and to compel the princes of the earth, by the terrors of excommunication, interdiction, and deposition, to butcher their heretical subjects."--John Dowling, The History of Romanism, pp. 541-542.

Again, we are now under GRACE

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 9/7/2017 at 11:58 PM, Yowm said:

Ever hear of the broad way of destruction and the many who enter? 

Ever hear of Noah who preached 100 years and only 8 saved?

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
(Mat 7:13-14)

The Romanite cult preaches a false gospel of salvation by works.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 9/10/2017 at 4:33 AM, spiderman1917 said:

Romanites hate the first and second commandments, they are steeped in idolatry.

Exo 20:1  And God spoke all these words, saying,
Exo 20:2  "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
Exo 20:3  "You shall have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4  "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exo 20:5  You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
Exo 20:6  but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.