• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Ps, I don't have no title.    but I will shut a false prophet , preacher, teacher, person , apostel , DOWN when I see it.

IT has no biz lying to the people.  

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Ps, I don't have no title.    but I will shut a false prophet , preacher, teacher, person , apostel , DOWN when I see it.

IT has no biz lying to the people.  

NOT saying you are false.  

the time of the benny hinns , copelands emergent, all inclusive or any false leader or person.   ITS OVER.

when I see it, it gets exposed , because I refuse to let it lie to those that I love. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

17 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Acts 1:21-22  21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,  22 beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection."

This is a requirement for being an actual Apostle.  Since every single person that could have been a witness to Jesus this entire period mentioned is long dead, there can be no more Apostles.  This is not conjecture, this is biblical fact.  Peter says they are to chose one to replace Judas.  Not many.  Just one.

There are no qualifications given in the New Testament for becoming an Apostle except the one instance above when one person was chosen.

Hi Cobalt,

frienduff said it well that the qualifications for the pre-cross apostles were to have been with Jesus and witness His resurrection of which they were to minister. (Acts 1: 21 - 26) Note - `...to take part in THIS ministry and apostleship from which Judas by transgression fell,...` (Acts 1: 25) The ministry of witnessing that they saw Jesus resurrected. Specific calling there bro as we know. Note also that the 12 apostles were NOT given the revelation of the Body of Christ and the Lord`s eternal purposes that the Apostle Paul was given. Different ministry and purpose there but all from Christ who is the chief Apostle, the sent one from the Father to reveal the Father`s heart and His wonderful purposes for the Body of Christ, Israel and the Nations.

The ascension ministries are not something someone can aspire to. Christ gifts the person who is the Evangel, the good Shepherd, the teacher, the prophet, the Apostle. They have a part of Christ`s headship ministries and each part helps build up the Body of Christ, by His Holy Spirit, to maturity in Him.

What does the Body of Christ lack at the moment? We have been given wondrous truth over the years, many of which people have died standing for - Salvation, baptism in water, infilling of the Holy Spirit, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, the ascension ministry gifts of people, the eternal purposes. It is the final truth, the eternal purposes that will bring the Body to the fullness of truth of Christ and His purposes, so that we are not tossed to & fro by every wind of doctrine, especially in the purposes area - the eschatological area. That is the hot topic area where there is so much confusion. However over the next couple of years the Holy Spirit will bring great clarification there, and you will see not just a few but many coming to understand the eternal purposes of God in Christ Jesus.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Enoob,

Thank you for those great scriptures showing us how the Lord took the Apostle Paul aside and revealed to him such great revelations that we can read today.

Now as to the 12, as you have shown from scripture they needed to have walked with the Lord during His ministry and be a witness of His resurrection. This we know is the requirement of the pre-cross 12 disciples. We are also told by the Lord, Himself, that -

`...when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed me will also sit on 12 throne, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.` (Matt. 19: 28)

Then we know that there are Apostles given by the Lord when He ascended for the task of bringing the Body of Christ to maturity. let`s look at some of these -

`But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul  heard this.....` (Acts 14: 14) 

`Greet Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen and fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.` (Rom. 16: 7)

`Paul, Silvanas and Timothy.....we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.`   (1 Thess. 1: 1,   2: 6)

and others,

Marilyn.

This summarizes my understanding of this you have spoken of:
https://www.gotquestions.org/apostles-prophets-restored.html 

Just now, enoob57 said:

This summarizes my understanding of this you have spoken of:
https://www.gotquestions.org/apostles-prophets-restored.html 

Hi enoob,

It seems those who wrote that answer have only seen the false. Thus they have tried to twist scripture to refute those people.

regards, Marilyn.

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi enoob,

It seems those who wrote that answer have only seen the false. Thus they have tried to twist scripture to refute those people.

regards, Marilyn.

I believe their, as I, are only trying to let the Scriptures speak through hermeneutic processes...

Just now, enoob57 said:

I believe, as I, their only trying to let the Scriptures speak through hermeneutic processes...

So dear bro,

You accept evangelists, pastors and teachers, (?) but not prophets and apostles. So you think Christ, the Head of the Body can equip and build His body to maturity without the full expression of Himself?

regards, Marilyn.

Just now, Marilyn C said:

So dear bro,

You accept evangelists, pastors and teachers, (?) but not prophets and apostles. So you think Christ, the Head of the Body can equip and build His body to maturity without the full expression of Himself?

regards, Marilyn.

That is treated in that article I linked.... it is my understanding of the Word taking all Scripture into account. I understand you have been steeped in a different view. We just have to agree to disagree on this ... Love, Steven

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

That is treated in that article I linked.... it is my understanding of the Word taking all Scripture into account. I understand you have been steeped in a different view. We just have to agree to disagree on this ... Love, Steven

Hi Enoob,

Now you know that I will not agree TO disagree, but I do see THAT we disagree on this subject, but know that as we both keep open to the Holy Spirit He will clarify this truth to each of us.

be blessed, bro, Marilyn.