• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I see his statements as a form of self perfectionism not being perfected through grace...

But, don't you think that a conviction to do the will of God is a good thing? why is the Lords grace good enough to have patience with unbelief, suicidal people, the sexually immoral, people dabbeling in new age occultism, gossips, tale barers, false witnesses, idolotry, divination, sorcery and people know the Lord is with them cause they confess Christ as savior. He will finish the work he starts in them. But when the Lord puts "be holy as I am Holy" in someones heart and they start finding all the things they can do for the Lord as service out of faithfullness and commitment to please the Lord now their legalism and fallen from grace. Maybe some times the path of legalism is a path the Lord takes people down to do his perfect work in them. I dont see many people called out for sins but let someone start posting What God asks of us and 50 people are ready to judge and condemn.

22 minutes ago, Yowm said:

This last statement inside the 'quote box' should be outside the box...

I don't see all this as a requirement to be baptized in the Book of Acts. Bro Tan is under gross legalism in my humble opinion

I agree with you . Bro Tan has tossed grace out the window for works to be saved.   I think it is more than that though. It is heresy and damnable!  Baptismal regeneration  says that  salvation is intimately linked to the act of baptism, and that salvation is impossible apart from it. So it is saying that Jesus Christ didnt do enough! Those that follow and teach this are anathema.  Baptismal regeneration says that Jesus Christ needs us to be dunked in water in order for his free gift of grace to abound. Baptismal regeneration says that Christ propitiation for sin was not enough. Church Of Christ is a major church that practices this. I have known many who came out of that church. They were never convinced of their salvation because that false church  not only states that baptism saves but they also lean heavy on legalism ie works save . It  should be no surprise to any of us that MOST the churches that are in error are works righteousness in one way or another. Some deny the deity and some dont but they are all works righteousness. They are always working to be saved but are never sure that they really are .

"1 Corinthians 12:13

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 

How can one be certain which baptism it is that does the job?

Ephesians 4:5,6 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. 

Baptism in water is an ordinance. There are two ; 1. The Lords supper, a memorial supper designed by the Lord to show HIS death till he comes. 2. Baptism is an ordinance designed to show YOUR death to sin and your resurrection life in him.

Paul makes it clear that baptism is not important in his preaching of the gospel.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 

This would be a rather irresponsible thing to say if baptismal regeneration is anything more than a heresy.

"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED" Acts 16:31"

sounddoctrine.com

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/4/2017 at 4:40 AM, frienduff thaylorde said:

For TRULY TRULY I say unto all,  We are saved by GRACE ALONE .  Grace ALONE and ONLY BY GRACE.

HOWEVER lets give the true biblical definition of Grace.   FOR the grace of GOD which brings salvation has appeared, 

TEACHING, oh YES , TEACHING US to deny ungodliness , wordly lusts to be walking soberly, RIGHTESOUSLY and godly in this present world.

AND GOD DONT WALK IN SIN NOR DARKNESS. 

I agree with you here...not many understand that it is only by grace we have the power to do anything...but that power is sufficient to enable us to obey God in all things. Including righteousness. However, we should let God decide what righteousness is. It is not up to us to decide what the standards of living are...what the prerequisites are to eternal life...what the conditions are to salvation. (And for anyone thinking that there are no conditions to receiving salvation, they are not reading their Bibles.)

Psalm 119:172  My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, brakelite said:

There are also many who use Galatians as an excuse to ignore God's commandments. I liked the previous poster's allusion to grace teaching righteousness. Righteousness according to David, is God's commandments.

And there are many who twist scripture to pervert the grace of Christ.  Those that know grace is a gift are not  saying we go on sinning. 

Why would  you quote David  when  you can quote Christ ?

John 14:23Jesus replied, “If anyone lovesMe, he will keep My word. My Father will lovehim, and we will come to him and make Our home with him. 24Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.…

John 14:15
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:24
Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.

2 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

And there are many who twist scripture to pervert the grace of Christ.  Those that know grace is a gift are not  saying we go on sinning. 

Why would  you quote David  when  you can quote Christ ?

John 14:23Jesus replied, “If anyone lovesMe, he will keep My word. My Father will lovehim, and we will come to him and make Our home with him. 24Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.…

John 14:15
If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:24
Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.

When I am quoting David am I not quoting the spirit of  Christ which was in him?

7 minutes ago, brakelite said:

However, we should let God decide what righteousness is. It is not up to us to decide what the standards of living are...what the prerequisites are to eternal life...what the conditions are to salvation.

It is all in the scriptures.  Our thinking aligns with the word because we now have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinth 2:1616“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Since we have the indwelling spirit teaching us in all things; our opinions on what is righteous comes  straight from the spirit

12We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.…

6 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Those that know grace is a gift are not  saying we go on sinning. 

This is true. But ask them what sin is and they more often than not describe everything except the things they themselves are doing wrong.

3 minutes ago, brakelite said:

When I am quoting David am I not quoting the spirit of  Christ which was in him?

Like I said: Why quote David when we have words SPOKEN BY  Christ?? 

If you dont get my meaning I cant help you

1 minute ago, Blueyedjewel said:

It is all in the scriptures.  Our thinking aligns with the word because we now have the mind of Christ. 1 Corinth 2:1616“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Since we have the indwelling spirit teaching us in all things; our opinions on what is righteous comes  straight from the spirit

12We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.…

I would advise caution here. While I agree we have the mind of Christ, we are also prone to misunderstanding what the spirit is saying. Hence debate. The only real foundation for faith and practice is the word of God.

2 minutes ago, brakelite said:

This is true. But ask them what sin is and they more often than not describe everything except the things they themselves are doing wrong.

Says who? You?  If you are going to make blanket statements you need to back it with proof. Since you cannot provide proof it is better to remain silent rather than slander or backbite