• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, bryan said:

If it's only exercise and practices without a spiritual part is it still evil?  In that case, it looks simply like exercise much like martial arts, football, or basketball.  Any of those could, of course, be turned evil by adding parts to it beyond the exercise.  The same goes for many social clubs, churches, sport events, and more.

Yoga is part of a religion and there's a whole religious philosophy and chants that go with it. Basketball and football aren't. There are other ways to get exercise or stretch besides doing yoga. Yoga was created for a religious purpose and is a part of a religion and a philosophy, just like tai chi or quigong and the whirling dance of the dervishes. Ignoring the religious aspect of these practices doesn't change the fact of what they were created for. Besides the fact that the Bible says to avoid the appearance of evil, and a Christian participating in a practice created for another god or religion is giving the appearance of evil, whatever his or her intentions may be.

Consider the people of Israel: are not those who eat the sacrifices participants in the altar? What do I imply then? That food offered to idols is anything or that an idol is anything? No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. Shall we provoke the Lord to jealousy? Are we stronger than He? 

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved. (1 Corinthians 10:18-22,31-33)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I am a rock climber and I stretch before I climb.  I used to compete in Martial Arts years ago, and have brought the same stretches over into my climbing.  I stretch because I don't want to injury myself.  According to some, I would be practicing an evil religious religion as some of the stretches are also used in Yoga.  They are more concerned in the action instead of the heart.  To me, those who think that are weak in faith and fearful.  Take meditating as another example.  Meditating on Gods word is scriptural (Philippians 4:8), yet the word meditate puts fear in some people as they associate it with ungodly practices.

God examines the heart of each of us.  If our heart is pointing to ungodly practices, then we will be found sinning.  If not, we will not be judged in such a way.  Don't live your life in fear, bound to worrying about what others think.  Seek His wisdom and maturity in all things and He will show you what you can and cannot do in Him.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Davida said:
2 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am a rock climber and I stretch before I climb.  I used to compete in Martial Arts years ago, and have brought the same stretches over into my climbing.  I stretch because I don't want to injury myself.  According to some, I would be practicing an evil religious religion as some of the stretches are also used in Yoga.  They are more concerned in the action instead of the heart.  To me, those who think that are weak in faith and fearful.  Take meditating as another example.  Meditating on Gods word is scriptural (Philippians 4:8), yet the word meditate puts fear in some people as they associate it with ungodly practices.

God examines the heart of each of us.  If our heart is pointing to ungodly practices, then we will be found sinning.  If not, we will not be judged in such a way.  Don't live your life in fear, bound to worrying about what others think.  Seek His wisdom and maturity in all things and He will show you what you can and cannot do in Him.

If a person takes a YOGA class they are being taught Hindu Asanas. It is naïve to think a person can practice another religion's rituals and it will be OK as long as they think of Jesus while they are doing it. This is exactly the reason why some think they are worshipping God when they practice nature worship or that by taking part in a native ceremony to the Great Spirit is OK with God because He will examine your heart.  It is spiritual naivety and self-deception.

I'm not here to argue or because I like to hear the sound of my own voice, I'm trying to save people making a mistake and opening themselves to unclean spiritual influences. Spiritual discernment like anything else is not a you do or you don't have spiritual discernment. Discernment is on a scale and some who are on the lower end give advice with little knowledge of the consequences. I repost what I wrote on the first page.  There are plenty of stretching alternatives that don't necessitate adopting pagan religious practices.

Davida said:

That is the point that it is- spiritual association whether the person is ignorant to it or seeking it, does not matter, and I cannot stress that enough. I experienced this first hand. In the spiritual dimension there is no excuses for the naïve or ignorant- if you by accident step into something or dabble by mistake-you will regret it and you will pay the consequences. Yoga is Not just "stretching" it is what Yogis do. Yoga is the training to do positions which are called asanas that are performed to open up energy channels (demonic spirit channels) & to invoke specific hindu deities (demons).  In order to train the body to get into these positions they teach a process of stretching & breathing exercises. Ignorance to it will offer you no protection.  It is the same in the physical realm. If you dive into shark infested waters- you will be shark food.

I can see we are talking apples to oranges here.  I hope you can also.  I do believe those who are seeking understanding about Yoga practices have the common sense to see the difference between stretching and practicing the spiritual side of Yoga.

As far as stretching practices, I also hope you realize that these stretches probably were in practice far before someone took them and placed them into a religious practice.  I certainly know I have never used them for Yoga practices, yet they are the same stretches.  If I followed the fear of "you can't use this stretch because it is used in Yoga", then I would be living in fear and I would start down the dark road of researching what else am I doing is being used in other ungodly practices.

Let's take using a computer for instance.  Computers are made of toxic material, material that will last forever in a dump.  Computers also use electricity, which , when created, causes pollution.  Computers are also used to publish very ungodly material to the world.  Am I to stop using computers for any or all these reasons, only because someone else decides to use it for evil or that someone rebels against waste?

You see, if you apply it to one area, you, so not to become a hypocrite, must apply this train of thought to everything else.  You are therefore, living by legalism to some extent.  Be wise in your living and choices and not bound by fear.

I will continue to use these stretches until God tells me otherwise, and in the 40 plus years, He has not moved in me to discontinue stretching the way I do. 

Yet, saying that, please do continue to warn people about following a false religion, just don't place a yoke around their neck when doing so.

3 hours ago, Davida said:
6 hours ago, OneLight said:

I can see we are talking apples to oranges here.  I hope you can also.  I do believe those who are seeking understanding about Yoga practices have the common sense to see the difference between stretching and practicing the spiritual side of Yoga.

As far as stretching practices, I also hope you realize that these stretches probably were in practice far before someone took them and placed them into a religious practice.  I certainly know I have never used them for Yoga practices, yet they are the same stretches.  If I followed the fear of "you can't use this stretch because it is used in Yoga", then I would be living in fear and I would start down the dark road of researching what else am I doing is being used in other ungodly practices.

Let's take using a computer for instance.  Computers are made of toxic material, material that will last forever in a dump.  Computers also use electricity, which , when created, causes pollution.  Computers are also used to publish very ungodly material to the world.  Am I to stop using computers for any or all these reasons, only because someone else decides to use it for evil or that someone rebels against waste?

You see, if you apply it to one area, you, so not to become a hypocrite, must apply this train of thought to everything else.  You are therefore, living by legalism to some extent.  Be wise in your living and choices and not bound by fear.

I will continue to use these stretches until God tells me otherwise, and in the 40 plus years, He has not moved in me to discontinue stretching the way I do. 

Yet, saying that, please do continue to warn people about following a false religion, just don't place a yoke around their neck when doing so.

Sorry , but you don't know what you are talking about. This is very misleading others to say it is just stretching & unrelated to Hinduism. Yoga & the stretches/ postures are ancient pagan spiritual practices that are as old as the Snake & it regularly sheds it's skin to remarket IT  to the spiritually gullible of mankind. Yoga was rebranded purposefully infiltrate into the West. You cannot sanitize or  Christianize a pagan ritual.

It seems that those who enjoy doing the yoga stretches , will continue to defend them and accuse ones like me who warn -ironically of putting a yoke on others. No, these spiritual practices do that. Consider, perhaps GOD sent me or others to warn so you would change your mind?  Sometimes it is the spirits the person has been playing with for many yrs without consciously knowing or spiritually discerning it,  that blind them to the truth, & don't want the person to stop the practice. Btw, New age urus the likes of Deepak Chopra & Shirley Maclaine highly recommend Yoga stretches too..

2Cor 6:15 "What fellowship does light have with darkness, or what harmony is there between Christ and Belial?

Yoga: How Did it Conquer the World

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-40354525

I suggest Bryan or any one who is interested to Research it further- to type in the name-  Caryl Matrisciana on youtube. She was raised in India and became a Christian. She produced many videos & dedicated her life to educating Christians about the dangers of Yoga and many other occult practices that are invading Christianity.

Yes, I do know what I am talking about.  For some reason, you are not able to see that stretching has nothing to do with following a false religion.  That, my friend, is on you.  You see, it was not until years after I used these stretching techniques that someone told me they are also used in Yoga.  I have never practiced Yoga in my life and worship God with all I have.  If you can't see that, then I feel sorry for you as you will always equate those who stretch while not following a false religion as being wrong.

You should really consider Romans 14.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the danger with yoga like other practices such as hypnotism and even from what I just heard concerning laughing in the spirit in some churches and even a certain type of speaking in tongues , is that all these practices can raise the kundalini spirit. and that is what we as Christians must be watchful of. The raising of the kundalini spirit is from the occult. it is not from God and God warns us of this. God is sufficient to supply us all our needs.

A good guideline is that if what you do in anything, if it does not match up, align itself with the Word of God written in the Holy Bible then don't go into it.

These practices, that summon up the occult spirits, are an abomination for us to use as is written inGod s Holy Word the Holy Bible. those practices are  designed to lead us astray from God and having a personal relationship with God and His Word, and  are geared to awaken something else -not of God-"supposedly" from within us= the coiled serpent= the kundalini spirit.

That kundalini spirit -satan- is supposed to awaken the chakras of the body and give the person certain powers.

The only Power we need is the power from the Almighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Stretching in itself is not bad, it is indeed good for the body as it activates the natural synovial fluid to lubricate the joints and helps prevent the muscles and bones from injury. Movement of the body is necessary especially as we get older , so to keep the circulation and synovial fluids working properly in the body.  Good healthy Calisthenics exercises are good for the body as it keeps the body from becoming to lazy and idle, helping it to rust. A healthy brain is a brain kept active and the same goes for the body.

also what we eat is important for our health: Good wholesome Food

not everything that is presented as good food is good for our health

and what we ingest in our brains is also important for our health: Good whole food from Gods Word

not everything that is presented for us to read or view or do is good for our spiritual well being.

Edited by 1to3

14 hours ago, Davida said:

Sorry , but you don't know what you are talking about. This is very misleading others to say it is just stretching & unrelated to Hinduism. Yoga & the stretches/ postures are ancient pagan spiritual practices that are as old as the Snake & it regularly sheds it's skin to remarket IT  to the spiritually gullible of mankind. Yoga was rebranded purposefully infiltrate into the West. You cannot sanitize or  Christianize a pagan ritual.

It seems that those who enjoy doing the yoga stretches , will continue to defend them and accuse ones like me who warn -ironically of putting a yoke on others. No, these spiritual practices do that. Consider, perhaps GOD sent me or others to warn so you would change your mind?  Sometimes it is the spirits the person has been playing with for many yrs without consciously knowing or spiritually discerning it,  that blind them to the truth, & don't want the person to stop the practice. Btw, New age urus the likes of Deepak Chopra & Shirley Maclaine highly recommend Yoga stretches too..

2Cor 6:15 "What fellowship does light have with darkness, or what harmony is there between Christ and Belial?

Yoga: How Did it Conquer the World

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-40354525

I suggest Bryan or any one who is interested to Research it further- to type in the name-  Caryl Matrisciana on youtube. She was raised in India and became a Christian. She produced many videos & dedicated her life to educating Christians about the dangers of Yoga and many other occult practices that are invading Christianity.

That's the key: If people enjoy doing something and want to do it, they find a way to justify doing it. That's the real issue. That's not holy thinking but selfish thinking; and God knows what's what: they may be fooling themselves, but they aren't fooling Him. The person's heart is set on him or herself in the matter, and until that changes, they will not see the light they need to see to do what is pleasing to Him---because the person truthfully does not want to know the truth or do what is pleasing to God. A heart like that is prone to demonic deception, and evil in God's sight. Whether it's celebrating Christmas or practicing yoga, people find a way to justify doing what they want to do. It's not for God, but for themselves.

The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked.

2 hours ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

That's the key: If people enjoy doing something and want to do it, they find a way to justify doing it. That's the real issue. That's not holy thinking but selfish thinking; and God knows what's what: they may be fooling themselves, but they aren't fooling Him. The person's heart is set on him or herself in the matter, and until that changes, they will not see the light they need to see to do what is pleasing to Him---because the person truthfully does not want to know the truth or do what is pleasing to God. A heart like that is prone to demonic deception, and evil in God's sight. Whether it's celebrating Christmas or practicing yoga, people find a way to justify doing what they want to do. It's not for God, but for themselves.

The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked.

The real issue here is that people are seeing evil in everything they disagree with.  For those who think stretching has to be based in a false religion knows nothing about sports, has never played sports, has never been to a physical therapist, or see evil in every shadow or under every rock.  God gave us common sense, it should be used.

Here are some sketches that are similar to what I do for stretches.  Show me where these stretches are following the practices of yoga.

Stretching-Gary.png

I feel sorry for those who think these stretching exercises are evil.  Those who do just judged every person who plays sports, those who are in physical therapy, those who try to relieve pain from being stiff after some activity ... the list goes on.  

You really should stop bearing false witness of people you never met and do not know.  Speak about yourself.  If stretching is a sin to you, don't do it.  Who are you to judge another persons heart?!?!?

• This is Worthy 2

55 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The real issue here is that people are seeing evil in everything they disagree with.  For those who think stretching has to be based in a false religion knows nothing about sports, has never played sports, has never been to a physical therapist, or see evil in every shadow or under every rock.  God gave us common sense, it should be used.

Here are some sketches that are similar to what I do for stretches.  Show me where these stretches are following the practices of yoga.

Stretching-Gary.png

I feel sorry for those who think these stretching exercises are evil.  Those who do just judged every person who plays sports, those who are in physical therapy, those who try to relieve pain from being stiff after some activity ... the list goes on.  

You really should stop bearing false witness of people you never met and do not know.  Speak about yourself.  If stretching is a sin to you, don't do it.  Who are you to judge another persons heart?!?!?

You're missing the point; but as this has already been explained to you, explaining it again wouldn't make any difference.

(Bear in mind that what one man perceives as worthless counsel may be precious wisdom to another. Let those to whom it is wisdom receive it as such, and let others speak for themselves.)

1 minute ago, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

You're missing the point; but as this has already been explained to you, explaining it again wouldn't make any difference.

(Bear in mind that what one man perceives as worthless counsel may be precious wisdom to another. Let those to whom it is wisdom receive it as such, and let others speak for themselves.)

No, I am not missing the point.  To practice yoga as designed is wrong.  To stretch is not wrong.  What part of this is too difficult to understand?  Wisdom comes when using all God gives you, not from tunnel vision, seeing only what you want to see. 

I neither said or implied in my posts that stretching was evil. (Re-read?) My point about yoga was made clear enough in my previous posts that those with discernment will understand what I said.

• Thumbs Up 1