• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I agree the words of Scripture proceed from God and are God Breathed (2 Timothy 3:16). However, my point is in Scripture if its the Word of God its Jesus directly, someone receiving Jesus Himself, while Scripture as you said is His words. Its like the difference between hearing Jesus' words or Himself who is the Word of God coming to dwell in you, born again, and relating to Him directly (1 John 4:15). 

I understand it like this......our natural minds like to compartmentalize......and that's because the carnal mind is enmity with God and can't perceive the things of the Spirit.......it is only by the Spirit that we can understand God is one and not divided into segments or compartments.  It was HE who spoke to me this morning, through the scripture, His words alive.  I offer the suggestion that it is when scripture is just words on a page that we get into trouble, serving a dead letter, but when it is God speaking to us (word and spirit together) they are alive and active.   Thinking about how we are born again..........by receiving His word.  Through receiving His word, we received Him, Christ in us.....they go together not apart.....word and spirit agree, walking together.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I am baffled (with respect) that people are suprised on a forum that people get questioned, debated, and even corrected. Is it not written, "brother sharpens brother,"? 

Amen, We have problems seeing or own flesh manifest Pride, or appear to bee looking down on a weaker vessel or using ourselves as God's standard for Christ and Salvation. Jesus or Lord is man's only hope for salvation. I'm sure all our heart's desire is to stay close to him. Represent him in truth and bring the kingdom of God and our Lord close so He can save. We need each other to say to each other. "hey, that doesn't look good or right expand on it or correct your spirit."

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Thanks for sharing those scriptures, Fidei......though honestly brother, I kind of regard it that scripture is Jesus/God talking to me, to us, so I don't separate the Person from His Words.  Scripture is God-breathed, His breath (of life).......it is His truth and representative of Him, His own words....and yes, alive and active when we don't separate them from His Person/Spirit.  That's also why it's not just about being "correct" in doctrine, but we need to also become what scripture talks about, and be transformed.  Even the Pharisees who studied scripture constantly, missed the mark and had wrong attitudes because of rejecting the One who was breathing those scriptures.....they turned scripture into mere information.  So I'm more convinced than ever that we need to keep the two together in our minds and hearts and understanding.  Maybe another way of expressing it could be that I don't think of scripture as words that were breathed by God in the past, but that He is always breathing them since He is alive, and that is why they are alive and active.  Bless you.

Amen sister , SING IT SO LOUD japan cringes as though another quake is beginning.

TIS why paul even told timothy.  the holy scrips makes ONE wise , WISE, anD again WISE unto salvation through faith in Christ.

A lot of people follow a spirit , but the problem is that spirit is contradicting JESUS and sound doctrine.

And JESUS never said............I will send a comforter and he will teach you CONTRARY TO ME and call it NEW revelation.     YOU SOUND the alarm SISTER

you sound it , till you so tired you cant move and then SOUND IT MORE and more.   way too many follow another spirit and NOT THE SPIRIT which would remind us

of all that JESUS, not man, not men, BUT JESUS has said.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I understand it like this......our natural minds like to compartmentalize......and that's because the carnal mind is enmity with God and can't perceive the things of the Spirit.......it is only by the Spirit that we can understand God is one and not divided into segments or compartments.  It was HE who spoke to me this morning, through the scripture, His words alive.  I offer the suggestion that it is when scripture is just words on a page that we get into trouble, serving a dead letter, but when it is God speaking to us (word and spirit together) they are alive and active.   Thinking about how we are born again..........by receiving His word.  Through receiving His word, we received Him, Christ in us.....they go together not apart.....word and spirit agree, walking together.

AMEN SISTER AMEN.  YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

the sum is the carnal mind wants to serve god, but NOT GOD.  god as in SELF. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

We have the word of God, Scripture, and the Word, Jesus.  Simple.

What word is He?  I'm thinking that Jesus is the word of God made flesh.  There has been a move afoot to make people feel it is idolatry to love the word of God (scripture), I think it has put a damper on how people perceive the scriptures.......but it isn't idolatry any more than loving and knowing a person because of what they say, and cherishing their words and loving to hear them.  We just can't separate God's word from Himself, His Person, His Spirit.  I may not be explaining it perfectly, but I just know it is a mistake to splice and dice it....we need to apprehend and understand it in whole by His Spirit.

• This is Worthy 1

33 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Also, I guess you over looked it or missed it.  I did quote it and asked you why you said that without even asking the brother where he was coming from? But you didn't respond to it. So I quoted it and asked you again.  But It is water under the bridge. I'll still remember it is a good rule to follow even if people don't acknowledge and help you understand where they are coming from. 

I practically begged bro tan to admit it was all by grace.   WHY he did not scares me to death.

if we cannot admit its by grace alone ,   that is SO SCARY.   it has to be one of the worst places to be.

I told the man, he had much right.  but what was so scarry and I mean I feared FOR HIM, was I could not get him to say it was done by Grace alone

that we OBEY Grace.   Reitin.    a man can learn much knowledge , much, but if one cannot grasp its all credit to GOD and its all by grace.  THAT IS FRIGHTENING

I mean out right scary for that person.   VERY ........scary.    forgive the rhyme.  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Reinitin said:

No, your not reading it correctly:) The scriptures are a witness givin to us by God a written witness and record given by God, perserved by God and kept by God.

In the scriptures we are told..

"God has chosen what is  insignificant and despised in the world what is viewed as nothing (to bring to nothing what is viewed as something), so that no one can boast in His presence. But it is from Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became God (given wisdom for us) our righteousness,  sanctification,and redemption, in order that, as it is written: The one who boasts must boast in the Lord.

(Look it up lisa paraphrase)

Then Paul also says...

"if anyone teaches other doctrine and does not agree with the sound teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the teaching that promotes godliness"

(Look it up lisa paraphrase)

Paul also says

"For the time will come when they will not tolerate sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, will multiply teachers for themselves because they have an itch to hear something new."

(look it up)

In Titus it says

1. We must say the things that are consistent with sound teaching. 

2. We are to teach what is good examples from Titus that are good things to teach are: encourage the young women to love their husbands and to love their children. Teach people to be self-controlled. To be pure, to be kind. to be examples of Gods good works with integrity, dignity in teaching.

Message should be sound, above reproach

Make ourself an Your message is to be sound beyond reproach, so that the opponent will be ashamed, having nothing bad to say about us.

We should adorn the teaching of God our Savior in everything.

For the grace of God has appeared with salvation for all people, instructing us to deny godlessness and worldly lusts and to live in a sensible, righteous, and godly way in the present age. while we wait for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to cleanse for Himself a people for His own possession, eager to do good works.

Say these things, and encourage and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

So basically if people are not teaching what the Lord Jesus Christ taught and arn't teaching and encouraging people to walk in the nature of Christ in us, and walking in the nature Christ themselves the need to be taught not teaching. 

So my perspective is. People are not teachers of sound doctrin if the doctrin is not Christ's. If people are not sent by the Lord to proclaim the Lord They are sent by the spirit of anti Christ and need to hear the teachings of Christ so they can recieve the nature of Christ learn to walk in Christ so they can proclaim Christ:)

Good doctrin is Christ Jesus in us.

Well everyone , THAT IS TOTAL TRUTH.   I always love truth.    on this reitin is not partially right , but ONE HUNDRED percent right.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Good words. makes me think of ephesian 6. The Lord is the truth we gird up our lones with. The righteousnnes we put on like a breast plate. We put on the sandles of peace knowing the gospel is the message of peace from God to man. So we put the helmet of salvation on our head, we know Christ is our Salvation then pick up the shield of faith, the faith is of course in Him and The Word of God Well that is Jesus to and scripture. So we always keep the lord between our flesh and our battles with the enemy and His love for between us and people used by the enemie which can be us when we pick up the sword if the word of God with a carnal mind, fleshly desires, pride, envy, covetous and are not walking in the gospel of peace given to us by The Lord Jesus Christ.

5 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

What word is He?  I'm thinking that Jesus is the word of God made flesh.  There has been a move afoot to make people feel it is idolatry to love the word of God (scripture), I think it has put a damper on how people perceive the scriptures.......but it isn't idolatry any more than loving and knowing a person because of what they say, and cherishing their words and loving to hear them.  We just can't separate God's word from Himself, His Person, His Spirit.  I may not be explaining it perfectly, but I just know it is a mistake to splice and dice it....we need to apprehend and understand it in whole by His Spirit.

THEY DO THIS , they do it sister.  I have seen it too.  they make it seem like worshipping and loving Gods words in that bible is IDOLATRY.

these are devils and need to get kicked out of the pulpits so fast it would make lightning cringe.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

12 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Amen, We have problems seeing or own flesh manifest Pride, or appear to bee looking down on a weaker vessel or using ourselves as God's standard for Christ and Salvation. Jesus or Lord is man's only hope for salvation. I'm sure all our heart's desire is to stay close to him. Represent him in truth and bring the kingdom of God and our Lord close so He can save. We need each other to say to each other. "hey, that doesn't look good or right expand on it or correct your spirit."

I am worried about the rise of the Insular Church, where people as you said shut their hearts to being sharpend and helped by brothers and sisters in Christ. I have studied a lot but I was blown away by a claim of Aims (penguin icon is their symbol) answer to a topic of "What is the Meanstream Church." Aim said so poignantly,  "the mainstream church is thoss who want to claim Jesus of the Bible and His Bible without ever encountering Him." (Aims). I was moved by this sharpening, it was so succinct and sitect; better than I could have put ot on my long paragraphs lol.