• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.50
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

All this talk about banning firearms is nonsense and wont change a thing.  The media here is going on and on about tougher gun laws will stop these things from happening. Criminals and psychopaths do not need guns to kill and destroy. Remember The Oklahoma City bombing? on The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19. 1995? Perpetrated by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols. The bombing killed 168 people, injured more than 680 others, and destroyed one-third of the building. The blast destroyed or damaged 324 other buildings within a 16-block radius, shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings, and destroyed or burned 86 cars, causing an estimated 652 million dollars worth of damage.

Maybe they could try making murder more illegal?

Paul Ryan just caved to Hillary Clinton and shelved the Hearing Protection Act which would remove some of the burdensome paperwork and tax stamp necessary to get a suppressor.  Way to fight the Left Mr. Ryan!

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Paul Ryan just caved to Hillary Clinton and shelved the Hearing Protection Act which would remove some of the burdensome paperwork and tax stamp necessary to get a suppressor.  Way to fight the Left Mr. Ryan!

Clinton is referring to the Hearing Protection Act, which would, among other things, eliminate a $200 tax on firearm suppressors. The tweet is transparent political opportunism, but the underlying logic manifests a dangerous and fundamental misunderstanding of the situation.

The Las Vegas shooting is a tragedy, and a senseless loss of human life. The politicization of such a tragedy, especially so soon after the event, is reprehensible. However, the ideas espoused by Clinton and other gun control advocates are dangerous, misleading, politically-motivated, and necessitate a reasoned response.

At first bluff, Clinton's contention that a suppressor ("silencer" is a misnomer – there is no way to "silence" the delivery of almost 2,000 joules of energy) would have made the Vegas shooter deadlier might seem intuitive. After all, the natural reaction of anyone is to run away from the sound of gunfire. However, two things render her contention inane: echoes, and how suppressors actually work.

Many reports of the shooting indicate the crowd fleeing, and scrambling for cover "amid chaos and confusion about where the shots were coming from." Yes, even though Paddock's weapon was unsupressed, the people on the street were unable to discern where the shots were coming from by the sound. The reason why is clear: Watch any video where the gunshots can be heard, the echoes are equally deafening and bounce off buildings, down alleys, and off the pavement. The chaotic cacophony of urban gunfighting is the very reason law enforcement and the military have depended on sophisticated gunfire location systems for years.

To put it simply: A suppressor makes little difference in determining the direction of the sound.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I will post this again. Who deleted it the first time?

You do realize that since it was deleted the first time that the mods obviously felt that it shouldnt be there. So why flaunt them and post it again?

A smiley of a crystal ball is hardly appropriate for a Christian forum. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You do realize that since it was deleted the first time that the mods obviously felt that it shouldnt be there. So why flaunt them and post it again?

A smiley of a crystal ball is hardly appropriate for a Christian forum. 

Is it a servant that deleted it? I will contact them or George.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

The fortune teller. I posted it a few posts back and I came back and it was gone. I did not see any servers on. Only George and the servers have the right to delete a post.

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Is it a servant that deleted it? I will contact them or George.

Obviously.

Since they deleted it the first time, why post it again in violation of them deleting it once already?

Why would you think a crystal ball emoticon is acceptable to begin with?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

that may be a good thing saved.....  at this point in time one never can trust Republicans to do the right thing so we need to wait till this all settles down before getting it passed.....   it will probably die in the senate like the other 300 or so bills they have passed in the house.

Even if Mitch does away with the filibuster, do we have 50 Republican Senators that will vote yes on anything?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I don't work for the FBI. Do you? I am not going to tell them how to do their job.

I could tell them how to do their job. Cause I watch cops shows and murder documentaries. Yep! :)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Why would you think a crystal ball emoticon is acceptable to begin with?

I don't think it was meant to be taking seriously. At less I didn't take it seriously. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I don't think it was meant to be taking seriously. At less I didn't take it seriously. 

Thanks Lady. Someone reported me for posting the fortune teller emoticon. And then it was deleted by a server. I guess that happens a lot.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

48 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Thanks Lady. Someone reported me for posting the fortune teller emoticon. And then it was deleted by a server. I guess that happens a lot.

Do you really think a fortune teller emotion is appropriate for a Christian forum?

Do you know what the Bible says about fortune tellers?