• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Actual syntax is. You are save thru your faith. (the faith you were given when you were given your spirit). You are saved by Grace and it is not your own doing. This has been misused for just about ever. Jesus said, though your faith be as a mustard seed... it is OUR faith for use to use. Grace is for us to appropriate BY the use of that faith. Erroneous application sense seemingly due to being misunderstood. The tenses of the words in the original is clear.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Justin Adams said:

Actual syntax is. You are save thru your faith. (the faith you were given when you were given your spirit). You are saved by Grace and it is not your own doing. This has been misused for just about ever. Jesus said, though your faith be as a mustard seed... it is OUR faith for use to use. Grace is for us to appropriate BY the use of that faith. Erroneous application sense seemingly due to being misunderstood. The tenses of the words in the original is clear.

Well yeah I have no problem with that. That is pretty much what I was saying. Exept I am not sure I agree with....

***Grace is for us to appropriate BY the use of that faith***

Unless I am misunderstanding you here and maybe I am, I dont know) that to me again sounds like works based salvation. Cuz again its a free gift that none of us can merit. (Isaiah 64:6)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

We are starting to get off topic though methinks. Grace or works of the Law should be a separate thread.

Likr I said before I usually cant get my thoughts out in as orderly a manner as I would like as my time is limited (and when I am on this board I am usually going back and forth between this and downloading videos off of Youtube-you ever watch Infowars? )

• Thumbs Up 1

I only have three functioning brain cells and two of them are out to lunch most of the time. Infowars sounds like using Google Analytics, which I had occasion to do when in Marketing and Business Development. It is why I do not like goggle.

6 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

***Grace is for us to appropriate BY the use of that faith***

It is our free will is all. God thru Yeshua did it all. But we have to recognize it; accept it and apply it.

"Oh ye of little faith". Oh yeah!

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

I only have three functioning brain cells and two of them are out to lunch most of the time. Infowars sounds like using Google Analytics, which I had occasion to do when in Marketing and Business Development. It is why I do not like goggle.

:rofl::24:

Actually Infowars is a news channel

• Thumbs Up 1

OH. I do not get too involved in news I am allergic to disinformation. I get a few things off the wire though. There is so much happening. I do keep a very close eye on Israel though...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

20 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Realizing,  almost certainly (in Harmony with all of Yahweh's Plan, His Word, and HIs Purpose) ,

that

even the gentiles in the OT and the NT,   whether strong in faith or weak in faith, when seeking Yahweh, both willing and joyfully and obediently without question observed and honored Yahweh's Sabbath on the 7th Day,  and relied on the Jews / Jewish believers immersed in Yeshua's Name/  to know how and to learn how to "approach" Yahweh

since the gentile peoples/ nations/  were as written "without hope" and "without Christ" until Yahweh took down the barrier between.

The weak in faith did not have the arguments about the 7th Day Sabbath, no,  but about other days, and about foods and washings and such,  that were not the commandments of Yahweh written in stone, and written in the heart of all who follow Him in truth and love and grace and power and life.

Yes, Paul did say in Colossians 2:11-23

Not Legalism but Christ

11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[a] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not[b] seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

20 Therefore,[c] if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

Notice in verse 16 Paul spoke of sabbaths.  I never indicated that the day has changed nor those who choose to worship that day refrain from doing so.  I do, however, reject that if those choose to worship on another day are somehow rejecting Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

The context does not allow for a generalistic sweeping topic to carried over to Gods holy days being a day esteemed above the other. The context is directly related to traditions, in this instants fasting of food being esteemed above other days by the messianic Jews in remembrance of the 1 st temple being destroyed. Their is no biblical command for such an observation, but never the less it was an observstion that was special to the Jews.

The context does not allow for an interpretation on Gods holy days as that is not the intention of Pauls teaching in this regard, nor is it meant to be expanded to it. The context is the framework wth which we must opporate in, we can not take a teaching out of its framework and apply it to an unrelated subject matter being Gods holy days which are biblical. The  outcome of that topic would be completely different with Pauls consistant tone of upholding the law.

No where does scripture state such a thing. Laws are either superseded or if they are found to be in contradiction they are then ratified.

The onus is those who state the sabbath does not apply to gentiles must provide such scripture.

How would you be held as a lawbreaker if you do His work on the sabbath? If you dont do his work on the sabbath then you would be a law breaker. 

What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

How do you align your theology with what is said in Acts 21:15-25?

And after those days we packed and went up to Jerusalem.  Also some of the disciples from Caesarea went with us and brought with them a certain Mnason of Cyprus, an early disciple, with whom we were to lodge.

And when we had come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.  On the following day Paul went in with us to James, and all the elders were present.  When he had greeted them, he told in detail those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.  And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law;  but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.  What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come.  Therefore do what we tell you: We have four men who have taken a vow.  Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but that you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law.  But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

what did the 4th commandment Sabbath have to do with the temple???