IGNORED

Who are the twenty four Elders around the throne of God in Rev.4:4 ?

Quasar93

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

9 hours ago, Uriah said:

Does this mean they already have their new, glorious bodies. When were they resurrected? How many resurrections are there?

There have been and will be multiple resurrections: of Jesus, of the dead who arose shortly after He did (OT saints, including the 24 elders), of those at His Parousia, of the two witnesses, of the post-Armageddon saints of Rev. 20, and finally, in a sense, of the postmillennial dead. 

The resurrected OT saints on thrones will witness the slain Lamb coming "the second time" (Heb. 9:28) in the heavenly temple to fulfill the High Priestly Day of Atonement offering "for the people" (Lev. 16:15), required before His Parousia. Explained more fully here:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1505-the-tabernacle-and-court-part-4-the-most-holy-place/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, WilliamL said:

There have been and will be multiple resurrections: of Jesus, of the dead who arose shortly after He did (OT saints, including the 24 elders), of those at His Parousia, of the two witnesses, of the post-Armageddon saints of Rev. 20, and finally, in a sense, of the postmillennial dead. 

Jhn 5:25-Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Jhn 5:26-For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Jhn 5:27-And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Jhn 5:28-Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Jhn 5:29-And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

So, inumeral resurrections? Anyplace to find in the bible when the 24 were resurreected? Jesus says the resurrection will be on one day.

Heb 11:39-All these were approved through their faith, but they did not receive what was promised,

Heb 11:40-since God had provided something better for us, so that they would not be made perfect without us.

17 hours ago, Uriah said:

Jhn 5:25-Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Jhn 5:26-For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Jhn 5:27-And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Jhn 5:28-Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Jhn 5:29-And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Two different resurrections here: the first in the time of Jesus "now is," which was conditional upon "hearing." These are those to whom --

1 Peter 4:6 ...the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

These are the ones -- "they that heard" -- of whom it is written,

Matt. 27:52 ...the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

The second resurrection of "all in the graves" is that of those who will arise at the Parousia of Christ, both to glory and to damnation; the same event prophesied by Daniel in Daniel 12:2-3.

Edited by WilliamL

16 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Two different resurrections here: the first in the time of Jesus "now is," which was conditional upon "hearing." These are those to whom --

1 Peter 4:6 ...the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

These are the ones -- "they that heard" -- of whom it is written,

Matt. 27:52 ...the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

The second resurrection of "all in the graves" is that of those who will arise at the Parousia of Christ, both to glory and to damnation; the same event prophesied by Daniel in Daniel 12:2-3.

Uh oh, the writer of Hebrews flunked?

9 hours ago, Uriah said:

Uh oh, the writer of Hebrews flunked?

Not at all; but maybe you did? As in Lev. 16, so in Hebrews 9: two atonements, one for the priests, the second for the people. Two natures in Jesus: one heavenly, the second earthly. Capische?

Edited by WilliamL

21 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

Not at all; but maybe you did?

Well, personal digs at me, eh?

22 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

As in Lev. 16, so in Hebrews 9: two atonements, one for the priests, the second for the people. Two natures in Jesus: one heavenly, the second earthly.

ONE sacrifice! Nothing to say about Heb 11:35-40?

Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and and in dens and caves of the earth.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not  the promise:

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us  should not be made perfect. (resurrected)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

14 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Not at all; but maybe you did? As in Lev. 16, so in Hebrews 9: two atonements, one for the priests, the second for the people. Two natures in Jesus: one heavenly, the second earthly. Capische?

I'm impressed by the study you did with all the blogs,it will take me some time to read, do you have it all in one file together and would you be able to send it to me through email?

I would appreciate it very much and would be able to store it off line ,easier to read then on the pc.

Sound interesting,thanks,Angels :)

21 hours ago, Uriah said:

Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us  should not be made perfect. (resurrected)

Adding to the Word ["resurrected"]??

The verb is better translated "completed," which can only take place when both they and us come together in one. Includes Enoch.

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

I'm impressed by the study you did with all the blogs,it will take me some time to read, do you have it all in one file together and would you be able to send it to me through email?

I would appreciate it very much and would be able to store it off line ,easier to read then on the pc.

Sound interesting,thanks,Angels :)

I have somewhat more than half in a formatted file, will get back to you when I'm in a library on my computer. Now at home on a tablet.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 11/30/2017 at 11:43 PM, Quasar93 said:

The twenty four Elders around the throne of God, represent the twenty four courses of the Levitical priesthood, with one priest for each course seated on each of the twenty four thrones.

missmuffet is correct, I will endeavor to show why by tying it all together in a brief presentation. 

The book of Revelation is a giant code book, the codes can be found in (mostly) the Old Testament like Gen. 37:9 which interprets the Woman in Rev. 12 for us.

Rev. 4:4 is shouting at us this is my Church in Heaven, before the Seals are ever opened via the Pre Trib Rapture IMHO. In Rev. 2:10, 3:5 and 3:21 we see things these men in Rev. 4:4 have that were only promised unto those who OVERCOME, in Rev. 2:10 we see that those who are faithful unto death receive a CROWN of Life. In Rev. 3:5 he that OVERCOMES will get a White Raiment (Robe) and in Rev. 3:21 he that OVERCOMES will be granted a seat at "God's Throne". So, this us the Church that overcomes, we see the Church raptured by Jesus is Rev. 4:1 via the Last Trump which ends the [Church Age Harvest]. 

So, why is the 24 Elders line used? In 1 Chronicles 24 we see the 24 Orders of the Priesthood listed. So, what is the correlation? Well, by calling us the Church, the 24 Elders, that is Jesus/God affirming that we are all Kings & Priests in Christ Jesus. In Revelation 1:6 Jesus calls us, his church, kings and priests, in Revelation 5:9-10 the church are singing worthy is the Lamb etc. and they say we are the Redeemed of the Earth (which thus makes them Human Christians who were raptured) and they also identify themselves as Kings and Priests. 

So, the 24 Elders is just a code for the Church, just like the Woman and the 144,000 are codes for Israel. All the descriptors tell us this is the church, they have on CROWNS, they have on White Robes and they sit at God's Throne. All three promises to "the Christians who OVERCOME" (which means they have died or been Raptured) are seen in Rev. 4:4 the 24 Elders is just a code telling us these are Kings and Priests in Christ Jesus (Church). 

Edited by Revelation Man
  • Thumbs Up 1