Jump to content
Quasar93

Perhaps today: The imminent coming of Jesus Christ

Recommended Posts

On 12/17/2017 at 9:45 PM, missmuffet said:

Or perhaps before we take our next breath. I have heard some teachers say that the rapture of the Church can not happen until all are saved that God knows will come to Him before the rapture. I have also heard some say that is not the case. There is nothing that needs to happen before Christ takes His Church home to be with Him. It is imminent.

How many individuals make up the final Body of Christ.    example;  say 2 billion over the past 2000 years.  Not one more, and not one less. So there is an exact number.  Sometime after that final one becomes a member, we are gone, we are called to the Fathers House.  We cannot project our death (it is immanent) one out of one dies. It will happen when it happens.  The same with the Rapture, no future event can the Rapture be tied to.

Maybe if we all did our job better (bring others to Christ), we could hasten that unknown date.

In  Christ

Montana Marv

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017 at 10:45 PM, missmuffet said:

Or perhaps before we take our next breath. I have heard some teachers say that the rapture of the Church can not happen until all are saved that God knows will come to Him before the rapture. I have also heard some say that is not the case. There is nothing that needs to happen before Christ takes His Church home to be with Him. It is imminent.

That's what I've been taught. Evidently God has a fixed number and when it's reached, He tells His Son to go get them. It can be interpreted that way in Romans 11:25, the fullness of the Gentiles. And all the world hears the Gospel. 

Edited by Dennis1209

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Quasar93 said:

 

Yes, that is what is meant by , "when the times of the gentiles has come in," as recorded in Rom.11:25.

 

Quasar93 

I wish I had read this before I posted the same thing, would have saved me some time :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

That's what I've been taught. Evidently God has a fixed number and when it's reached, He tells His Son to go get them. It can be interpreted that way in Romans 11:25, the fullness of the Gentiles. And all the world hears the Gospel. 

That is what I used to think but I not longer believe that. I think the rapture of the Church is imminent and nothing else needs to happen and that includes the fullness of the Gentiles.I think that is for the second coming. Although God knows who will be raptured and who will come to Him before that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is what I used to think but I not longer believe that. I think the rapture of the Church is imminent and nothing else needs to happen and that includes the fullness of the Gentiles.I think that is for the second coming. Although God knows who will be raptured and who will come to Him before that time.

I'm going to stick to my six shooters myself. I'm a thinking Romans 11: 25 is talking about the Rapture, and Matt 24: 14 maybe talking about the second coming. I've been wrong before and changed my mind on scripture, so this wouldn't be the first time :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm going to stick to my six shooters myself. I'm a thinking Romans 11: 25 is talking about the Rapture, and Matt 24: 14 maybe talking about the second coming. I've been wrong before and changed my mind on scripture, so this wouldn't be the first time :D

I think Romans 11:25 is talking about the second coming and so is Matthew 24:14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I think Romans 11:25 is talking about the second coming and so is Matthew 24:14.

I think this goes along the same line of thinking and not off topic. But have you noticed in a number of places in scripture, that it will rapidly switch from one verse to the next in time? Did I explain what I mean to say? In other words, say verse one might be prophetical 70 years down the road, and verse two might be referring to something centuries later? Ever noticed that in some scripture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I think this goes along the same line of thinking and not off topic. But have you noticed in a number of places in scripture, that it will rapidly switch from one verse to the next in time? Did I explain what I mean to say? In other words, say verse one might be prophetical 70 years down the road, and verse two might be referring to something centuries later? Ever noticed that in some scripture?

Is that hermeneutics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Is that hermeneutics?

Ah no... Hermeneutics is the theory and methodology of text interpretation. I can't think of the proper word to call it at the moment, to many birthday candles in the way, but I'll eventually cough it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×