IGNORED

Why Creation Is Right and Evolution Is Wrong.

KiwiChristian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

It's just commonsense to any thinking person.

Well, ok... but claiming that an untrained lay person knows more than an individual that has studied a topic for years, doesn't make it so.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I didn't' compare those two things.   I said she committed the transgression (sin) but did not become a sinner until Adam disobeyed God.  At that point they both became sinners.

Are you suggesting that she sinned first, but wasn't officially a sinner until Adam sinned?

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, one.opinion said:

Are you suggesting that she sinned first, but wasn't officially a sinner until Adam sinned?

Yep

Well, ok... but claiming that an untrained lay person knows more than an individual that has studied a topic for years, doesn't make it so.

Not claiming to know more.   Just claiming not to buy everything that scientists say is true.   Not willing to take their word for it that there are transitional fossils when they can't really prove it.

46 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:
50 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Yep

So why would her sin not count as sin, but instead be delayed somehow until Adam sinned?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I think its safe to say that more fossils, including those that are considered transitional, have been discovered since 1982. But another thing to consider is that the number of fossils is irrelevant. If a fossil is truly transitional, then it is evidence of evolution.

The point is how we mean the term "transitional". If we take the term as Darwin meant it (i.e. intermediate organic structures), there are no transitional fossils. If we take it to mean any species that can be theoretically fit between other species, then the conversation itself is "irrelevant".

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

So why would her sin not count as sin, but instead be delayed somehow until Adam sinned?

It was counted as sin.  No one said she didn't sin.   But the Fall happened when Adam sinned, according to Scripture. 

Adam was the one to whom God gave the commandment not to eat of the tree. Adam was the caretaker of the garden.   When He sinned, it wasn't because he was deceived; he committed his sin as deliberate, open rebellion against God.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It was counted as sin.  No one said she didn't sin.   But the Fall happened when Adam sinned, according to Scripture.

So Eve sinned, but sin would not have brought into the world and the Fall would have never happened if Adam had chosen differently?

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

So Eve sinned, but sin would not have brought into the world and the Fall would have never happened if Adam had chosen differently?

Had Adam not sinned, there would not have been a Fall.  The Bible hold Adam solely responsible for the Fall.   Do you disagree with the Bible?

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I like Michael Behe's approach when talking to a skeptic that won't heed Scripture...

1. Be aware that Behe believes in an ancient earth and common ancestry of living organisms. He simply believes that God "pushed" evolution in certain places, not so different from what I believe.

2. What do you find is the best example of irreducible complexity in living organisms?

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Had Adam not sinned, there would not have been a Fall.  The Bible hold Adam solely responsible for the Fall.   Do you disagree with the Bible?

I'm interested in understanding your perspective. I just think it is interesting that you accept that Eve sinned, but her sin seems to have very little ramifications, although God hates sin and will not tolerate it.

I know you will disagree with my view, but I believe the account of the fruit-eating is figurative, symbolizing mankind choosing his (or her) way over God's. This represents not just a one-time event, but the continuous choice that God's children must make every day - choose our way, or choose God's way.