IGNORED

God, Time and Foreknowledge; how can God know the future?

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, enoob57 said:

One of the issues of putting this all together is realizing the starting point is the directive for advancement... what I mean is where is your faith already? Is it in the aspect of creation (the created thing) or The Creator. If it is the pragmatic of sensual proof you have already engaged in first birth substance where lie is all there is and the creation is god...
If it is in The Creator then The Word of God become your only source of truth and The Who of God 'IS' formed within you by it's substance and creation is a witness of physical realities sensually perceived but not 'all' that 'IS' or could be >for God 'IS' before, eternally, He created<...

Yes, putting distractions aside, that is the bottom line.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I will not entertain your attempts to start a argument, Scott.  Now stop derailing this thread. 

One lays the foundation, another builds on it. If you want to call that "derailing", take it up with God.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

9 hours ago, ScottA said:

One lays the foundation, another builds on it. If you want to call that "derailing", take it up with God.

I did. 

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 1/5/2018 at 8:43 PM, MorningGlory said:

No; I'm saying God created science, along with everything else, and that I get my spiritual truth from Scripture.

The Bible is infinite. All of Science comes from the Bible and is contained in the Bible. The Ancient Hebrew Language is not based on Phonics. Hebrew is more like Chemistry where symbols are used.  You could spend your whole life to study one word in the Bible and at the end you would still only be beginning to understand.  Look at the very first word in the Bible: Beginning.  Science tells us the beginning is when time became a part of the Universe. With God there is no beginning, yet He is the Alpha and Omega and He knows the end from the beginning. David tells us that God wrote the book of our life before we were born, before we were formed in our mother's womb. Only we choose if we want to follow God's plan for us. Or we can write our own book or follow Satan. We know what is best is to follow God and to seek to know His plan and purpose for us and our lives. 

Genesis 1:1 says: In the Beginning of Creation God ’êṯ the Heavens and the Earth.  In verse 3 we read: "God said". John tells us that Jesus is the word of God and all things were created in and through Him. Apart from Him we have nothing and we can do nothing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 12/30/2017 at 9:40 AM, missmuffet said:

Question: "Does God know the future?"

Answer:
The Bible is always completely accurate, including its prophetic content. Consider, for instance, the prophecy that Christ would be born in Bethlehem of Judea, as foretold in Micah 5:2. Micah gave his prophecy around 700 B.C. Where was Christ born seven centuries later? In Bethlehem of Judea (Luke 2:1-20; Matthew 2:1-12).

Peter Stoner, in Science Speaks, has shown that coincidence in prophetic Scripture is ruled out by the science of probability. Taking just eight prophecies concerning Christ, Stoner found that the chance that any one man might have fulfilled all eight prophecies is 1 in 10 to the 17th power. That would be 1 chance in 100,000,000,000,000,000. Of course, Jesus fulfilled many more than eight prophecies! There is no doubt that Bible is totally accurate in foretelling the future.

Since He can foretell the future, God certainly knows the future. Isaiah recorded these words about God: “Remember the former things long past, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, ‘My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure’” (Isaiah 46:9-10). God is the only One who can stand at the beginning and accurately declare the end.

God is omniscient; He knows everything actual and possible. God is also eternal (Psalm 90:2). As the eternal, omniscient God, He has lived our yesterdays, our todays, and our tomorrows, the past, present, and future. God is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End (Revelation 21:6).

There are still prophecies in the Bible that await fulfillment. Because God knows the future, we can count on all the prophecies to eventually be fulfilled. Events are taking place in God’s calendar according to His plan. We know who holds the future—the one true, personal, eternal, and all-knowing God of the Bible.

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-know-future.html

I think God not just knows the future. He creates the future and the past. And he can change the past or the future at will. When it happens (nobody knows when, may be rarely) nobody can see or remember the difference as all is so to speak blotted out automatically and becomes different without us knowing it. God can do it with us seeing no trace of it. Remember that all your hairs are counted by Him. He is far greater than we can even imagine. He is the master of time as He is the master of everything that time depends on. How do you like that?

On 12/30/2017 at 8:50 AM, MorningGlory said:

This article provides a good explanation of God's relation to time as opposed to ours.  It makes sense that, since He created everything, he created time as well.   He exists outside of time, no beginning and no end, and the only time He was subject to time as we are was when He became flesh and came to live among us.

https://incisivereview.com/2015/07/15/god-time-and-foreknowledge-how-can-god-know-the-future/

I think God not just knows the future. He creates the future and the past. And he can change the past or the future at will. When it happens (nobody knows when, may be rarely) nobody can see or remember or register the difference as all is so to speak blotted out automatically and becomes different without us knowing it. God can do it with us seeing no trace of it. Remember that all your hairs are counted by Him. He is far greater than we can even imagine. He is the master of time as He is the master of everything that time depends on. How do you like that?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,735
  • Content Per Day:  1.18

On 12/30/2017 at 6:50 AM, MorningGlory said:

This article provides a good explanation of God's relation to time as opposed to ours.  It makes sense that, since He created everything, he created time as well.   He exists outside of time, no beginning and no end, and the only time He was subject to time as we are was when He became flesh and came to live among us.

https://incisivereview.com/2015/07/15/god-time-and-foreknowledge-how-can-god-know-the-future/

Time is relative and has therefore no objective reality. We have been knowing that for 113 years now.

So, I am not sure why anyone would discuss God being not subject to something that has no objective meaning anyway. 

:) siegi :)

Edited by siegi91

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 12/30/2017 at 3:50 AM, MorningGlory said:

God, Time and Foreknowledge; how can God know the future?

God is powerful, when He speaks it has to happen; His words are truth. Simple.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin?
    And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will." - Matthew 10:29

"By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
    And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth." - Psalm 33:6

"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,
    ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart,
        but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says." - Mark 11:23

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

On 1/3/2018 at 6:23 AM, BeyondET said:

My question about the article is how science knows time doesn't exist in a black hole when nothing can get near one to take a reading or what ever, is the theory that time doesn't exist in a black hole just theory, how does science prove such a thing? As well prove light doesn't exist in a black hole. plasma is a form of light that is invisible to the human eye, and other forms as well. do we have advance enough equipment to even view it, that can be debated for we don't know what the right equipment would be to handle such a journey near a black hole or even if it's possible with man.

I think time exists there. Where there is a material change there is a correlation which we call time. There is theoretically no time where nothing is changed. Black holes have their beginning and their end. There is a change within a black hole within this span and this change destroys it. So time is applicable.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2018 at 5:38 PM, Justin Adams said:

Time is but a created construct. As such, we cannot appreciate God's dwelling place. It is not so much that the Lord is prophetic (man is) but from His position, it has already happened.
He gazes down thru time and gives us mileposts to go by. But for Him, He has the New Jerusalem in His top pocket, just waiting for us all to catch up so He can present it to us. Thus His patience (to us) is a forever type of construct - but for Him, there is no waiting. It is extant. I AM just IS.

Yes, it is a construct. It depends on material correlations  My hypothesis is that the whole of the Universe is pulsating or oscillating. We will never notice that as we and our instruments pulsate with it. Consequently there are time waves. 

• Thumbs Up 1