• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

16 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

She cannot make an assessment based on tweets or TV or anything else....

Dr. Lee and more than 20 other mental health experts form Yale disagree.

• Group:  Royal Member

15 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Huh. When I googled forensic psychiatry, it clearly states that the forensic psychiatrist has to examine the person face to face. Not based on random tweets on social media....

So she is not qualified to make the "assessment" you say she is....

Dr. Lee, not me, said she was qualified to make an assessment of Prez Trump. And 27 other mental health experts  joined in her assessment of him in a paper titled "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President."

And did you forget to give us the link you googled?

13 hours ago, Butero said:

We, the American people, had more than enough material to draw conclusions as well, and enough of us decided that we still wanted Trump to be our President, and he won....

Dr. Lee's assessment was not about the election, but the mental state of Donald J. Trump.

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I think Pence would be a good President. But I have not observed him very much. He is in the background.

Why would you want a president who was the VP picked by a man whom you think is mentally ill?   Would a mentally ill man have picked Pence?

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, Yowm said:

...they would get stuck with Mr. Pence (probably something they wouldn't care for lol)

They already have plans to get Pence out of office if they impeach Trump and Pence becomes president, according to Maxine Waters.   They want to get rid of the entire Administration and they don't care about the Constitution.

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, Yowm said:

Shhhh (don't tell the Dems that). I fully agree, Pence does not strike me as a decisive leader type...but I may be wrong.

Trump is a tank.  Trump is not emotionally fragile, which is one thing like about him.  Trump fights back and he trolls the media and enjoys it.   That's one reason he can take their abuse.  He hits back.   He doesn't pander to public opinion and doesn't have to since he is always on America's side.

The one thing that absolutely irritates the media is that Trump doesn't need them.  And they can't do anything about it.   Trump is not beholden to them.   He used them in the campaign.   He got billions of $$$ in free publicity during the campaign and he made the media pay for it.   They had to seek access to him.  He did not need access to them.   He didn't need them to win.    He exposed just how bad journalism is, these days.

I hope Pence is learning from all of that.  I hope he is learning that you don't have to be quite and "precious" and that you can fight back against the media that likes to think that they are the ones who makes or breaks politicians.  They are not king-makers and they need to be constantly reminded of that.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

2 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

No, the key here is that this is a professional assessment by a forensic psychiatrist, not a diagnosis.

The professional standards do not allow for an assessment, or any declaration regarding the mental health of a public figure without a direct examination of the person in question. There is no key with regards to that. They are not supposed to comment at all about the mental health of public figures based on distant observation with no direct examination. That is a clear and objective industry standard among the profession. Violating professional standards in any profession, much less the medical field, much less regarding the diagnosis of patients, is obscenely out of bounds and, as such, makes the person in question doing so highly suspect at the least. It certainly abrogates their opinion entirely.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Dr. Lee, not me, said she was qualified to make an assessment of Prez Trump. And 27 other mental health experts  joined in her assessment of him in a paper titled "The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President."

And did you forget to give us the link you googled?

She goes against the standards of her profession. Just because she claims she can do it doesnt mean she can really do it. The 27 others who agree with her do not follow the standards of thousands of others in her profession who do not agree with her. 

And it was multiple links. Not just one. I notice you did not put up a link in your post either. But I didnt call you out on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, ayin jade said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/trumps-medical-check-president-set-friday-52300840

President Donald Trump's White House physician declared him in "excellent health" after the president received his first medical checkup at Walter Reed military hospital on Friday, undergoing a physical examination....

"Cardiologists not associated with the White House said Wednesday that President Trump’s physical exam revealed serious heart concerns, including very high levels of so-called bad cholesterol, which raises the risk that Mr. Trump could suffer a heart attack while in office.

"Dr. Ronny L. Jackson, a rear admiral and the White House physician, said Tuesday in his report on the president’s medical condition that Mr. Trump was in 'excellent' cardiac health despite having an LDL cholesterol level of 143, well above the desired level of 100 or less.

"Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist at the Scripps Research Institute, disputed that rosy assessment. He said on Wednesday that the most alarming fact is that the president’s LDL levels remain above 140 even though he is taking 10 milligrams of Crestor, a powerful drug that is used to lower cholesterol levels to well below 100...."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump’s-physical-revealed-serious-heart-concerns-outside-experts-say/ar-AAuPo0o?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

5 hours ago, Steve_S said:

The professional standards do not allow for an assessment, or any declaration regarding the mental health of a public figure without a direct examination of the person in question....

And a forensic psychiatrist disagrees with you.

"We are assessing dangerousness, not making a diagnosis. The two are quite separate: Assessing dangerousness is making a judgment about the situation, not the person. The same person may not be dangerous in a different situation, for example. And it is his threat to public health, not his personal affairs, that is our concern...."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/1/5/16770060/trump-mental-health-psychiatrist-25th-amendment

Or are you a forensic psychiatrist too?