• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I would not attend a gay wedding.  Weddings are an affirmation of commitment before friends and family.  But a same sex couple is not acceptable to God so I would not disrespect Him by attending.

But you really do not know what you would do unless it was your son or daughter.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

What is a 'sinful wedding'? I don't think I'd care to go to one of those either. :hmmm:

When the marriage itself is against God's commandments, attending the wedding ceremony is a type of tacit approval.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I feel that the real issue is a diminished view of what marriage is. Marriage SHOULD be a very serious and lifelong commitment under God and one not to be taken lightly. There is a reason why it typically takes place in a church and why "till death do us part" is typically in the vows.  Too many people view marriage as "something you do". Why, even something someone MUST do, whether they are a Christian or not, whether they wish to or not. This mindset has led to the trampled versions of marriage that exist today. I do not think a divorce should happen unless there is cheating or domestic abuse. 

In terms of this scenario, I probably wouldn't go. I'd still wish them well, though.

Edited by GreyDestiny
A few misspellings and I decided to shorten it.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Right, that's why I said I wouldn't attend a so called gay 'marriage'.

A gay marriage is really no different than an adulterous one, which is what it is when a divorced person remarries.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

21 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

something I noticed 

20180113_151213.jpg

I would have to decline the invitation.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

If it were my son or daughter like I said I would pray for them and then if God opened the doors I would attend the wedding. God did go among the prostitutes and tax payers.

Its how we was raised .     Now my son just hit eighteen so he aint never been married.    IF he were and then got a dayvorce,   pardon my west texas typecent

and then he were to be going to get remarried ,   I would warn him not too.

And if he heeded not my warning .     MY chair would be EMPTY at that marriage.    I sound like a hater to this generation.   I know that .

But my love is for Christ above all, and due to that ,  my love for humanity ISREAL , not sensual.   real.   Now be encouraged sister.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Yes I would know what to do

Matthew 10:37 (KJV 1900)

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

This would have to be addressed after much prayer. We never know what to do unless we are thrown into that situation.

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

No, the gay marriage is not a marriage, that's why I wouldn't attend. Besides, how many of us lived like the devil, into one bed and out of the next before coming to Jesus? Is marriage adultery in our cases? I have been faithfully married 32 years since.I guess you would call it adultery?

Fornication is a serious sin, but adultery is on a different level because it's a breach of a sacred trust. If you had been married to someone before your current marriage, even if it was before you were a Christian, yes, according to my understanding of the Bible, your current marriage would have been adulterous.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 1/15/2018 at 7:47 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

but I REJOICE for being persecuted FOR JESUS sake .  YEAH JESUS sake.

Going to a marriage which actually is a remarriage because they failed to clean the dishes (literally), can be seen by others as an offense or they might see you in that wedding and think: "Oh, that Christian guy is here then Jesus is OK about it".

And gay marriage, which is not even a marriage to being with... Then by no means you should support a deceit with your presence, and by the same reasons stated above.

If they are not pleased with the truth then let them alone. Who does not love the Lord Jesus, does not love us.

If people are going to justify their presence because they love, well love rejoices in the truth... And who is of the truth hears us.

The Lord Jesus always said the truth, and called us to repentance... He loved us, so He told us the truth. But what will happen if we choose not to repent?!

"And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:19

• Thumbs Up 2