• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, speaking of MT. 12:34  it looks like Jesus was being a bit negative...

You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
(Mat 12:34)

He was just speaking the truth like always.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, secularism is in Churches. Like I have said before sitting in a doctor's office does not make you a doctor.

YES I agree.    And who we sit under is what we become AS.      SO sister , sing these next words.  WE SIT UNDER JESUS and we test all who do teach , against HIS SAYINGS.

that will keep us well fed and following our LORD by HIS SPIRIT .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, speaking of MT. 12:34  it looks like Jesus was being a bit negative...

You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
(Mat 12:34)

Lord , didn't you KNOW these sayings offended them.      LET them Be,  every plant which my FATHER has not planted shall be rooted up.

All we can do is pray for and exhort others.    In the end either they receive it or not .    But we cant DO , is as ROME and seeker friendly all inclusive says to do.

JUST HUG , put aside doctrine and difference and focus on UNITY.    notice the unity is with ROME and all the world as one .  

IF the leaven goes unchecked and uncorrected , IT DOES LEAVEN the WHOLE LUMP.  and seeker friendly DID THIS.

While all are invited to attend any meeting ,   FIRST the meetings must be focused on GOD alone and doctrine only , so as these we hope hear and repent .

BUT if we preaching to the world a song the flesh desires , its not long before that song has the WHOLE CHURCH held captive .    GODS pattern IS the only pattern.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Take every thought captive, then...........

Php_4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,        think on these things!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to know what some of you think I'm supposed to do to address a very difficult situation in my life.

Jesus healed many in his earthly ministry. But, I believe he is still working to heal those of us who have suffered emotionally.

What I'm doing is applying something to my life that I believe God is blessing and helping me go through. Do some of you actually think I would depart from God's word for something humanistic?? God forbid!!!! God gives all of us freedom of choice. I choose, with God's help, to not allow old, hurtful memories enter my mind and cause me to stumble in my walk and life with the Lord. I WILL NOT be distracted anymore.

MATTHEW 23:24 says:  "You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel."

So, before some of you come after me, without knowing the whole story, I hope you consider this part of Jesus' rebuke of the Pharisees. It fits this thread.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  484
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Understandable

2 minutes ago, Steve_K said:

I would like to know what some of you think I'm supposed to do to address a very difficult situation in my life.

Jesus healed many in his earthly ministry. But, I believe he is still working to heal those of us who have suffered emotionally.

What I'm doing is applying something to my life that I believe God is blessing and helping me go through. Do some of you actually think I would depart from God's word for something humanistic?? God forbid!!!! God gives all of us freedom of choice. I choose, with God's help, to not allow old, hurtful memories enter my mind and cause me to stumble in my walk and life with the Lord. I WILL NOT be distracted anymore.

MATTHEW 23:24 says:  "You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel."

So, before some of you come after me, without knowing the whole story, I hope you consider this part of Jesus' rebuke of the Pharisees. It fits this thread.

You only need to give God your life 100%. Do not try to control your life. Ask Jesus Christ to mold you into the person He wants you to be. Sit back and see where God leads you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You only need to give God your life 100%. Do not try to control your life. Ask Jesus Christ to mold you into the person He wants you to be. Sit back and see where God leads you.

Jesus is on the throne in my life.....

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Steve_K said:

Jesus is on the throne in my life.....

If Jesus Christ is in the drivers seat of your life that is all you need. Don't make your salvation complicated. If Jesus Christ is on the throne of your life He is working in you. A person does not change overnight. You should be able to see the fruit of the Holy Spirit in your life which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If Jesus Christ is in the drivers seat of your life that is all you need. Don't make your salvation complicated. If Jesus Christ is on the throne of your life He is working in you. A person does not change overnight. You should be able to see the fruit of the Holy Spirit in your life which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”

Sorry , but that just seems to me to be convoluted at best and errant in total at worst.

But, also just as well intended as the motivation poster or bumper sticker philosophy of even  a Mr. Tew certainly  is.

Steve do what is necessary to help you follow actively and with knowledge of the written word of God the Bible allows you to practice. 

• Thumbs Up 1