• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

Better yet, get born again, then believe God in Luke 21:36: watch and pray that you be found worthy to escape!

The 'escape' that the Lord was referring to was the wrath of God that will consume the earth with fire on the day of His return, along with all those who are not in Christ (whether they ever were or not).

Speaking to Christians (not unsaved people):

"But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day (The Day Of The Lord) come upon you suddenly like a trap (because you are no longer in Christ). For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

(Luke 21:34-36 ESV)

He was not referring to Christians 'escaping' the persecution and trials of the Great Tribulation (which is for the testing of the faith of the saints, according to God's will and plan) by rapture. You can re-read the entire chapter of Luke 21 and see that that is not what He meant; besides all the other Scriptures which clearly show that the rapture takes place on the last day of the Tribulation when Christ returns, not before it. Which means that all Christians will go through the Tribulation.

The wrath of God is what those who remain in Christ will be delivered ('escape') from, not the wrath of Satan. Jesus was addressing Christians, not unsaved people, in Luke 21:34-36. (See the Lord's warning to the church in Sardis for comparision: Revelation 3:1-6.)

People who are not in Christ are the ones upon whom the Day of the Lord will come like a trap and a thief. The Lord's warning in Luke 21:34-36 is to Christians, not unsaved people, just like His rebuke to the church in Sardis.

And now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears we may have confidence and not shrink from Him in shame at His coming.

(1 John 2:28 ESV)

("Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!") (Revelation 16:15 ESV)

Only those who have already been awakened ("Awake O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Eph 5:14) can stay awake. Only those who have garments (Matthew 22:11-14) can keep them on.

For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw---each one's work will become manifest, for the Day (of the Lord) will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire (the fire that will consume the world, and those who are not in Christ, when Jesus returns), and the fire will test what sort of work each has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved ('escape'), but only as through fire (only if he makes it through the fire; which, if he no longer has even the Foundation, he will not).

(1 Corinthians 3:11-15 ESV)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:01 AM, ScottA said:

No. I will not. All the sin of the world is enough.

Is there anything greater, yes, or no?

Their is a far worse PUNISHMENT .    that I do know .   JESUS said SO.

FOR IF these things have been done in the green tree,  HOW MUCH WORSE FOR THE DRY .     AKA LAKE OF FIRE .

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:09 AM, ForHisGlory37 said:

You won't because there is nothing in Scripture that says that.... believe what you will...... Jesus paid a very high price for my sins.... He didn't say it was the greatest tribulation but Jesus said, " Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13  When Jesus took our sins upon the cross, He was demonstrating HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US.  When we repent, give our life to Him, accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we are called his friends. 

None are above HIS MASTER , IF THEY HAVE DONE THIS TO ME or etc,  THEY WILL DO THIS TO YOU.   

YOU RIGHT .    but is their a far worse punishment for those who refuse JESUS.

YOU BET .   AND JESUS SAID IT .     Weep NOT FOR ME.......................................FOR if these things have been done in the green tree,  How much WORSE , WORSE , WORSE

for those of the dry.    OH YEAH ,     OH YEAH.

WE as christains are appointed unto tribulation ,  ITS THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT OF GOD that we be counted worthy to SUFFER for the KINGDOM

or  THIS, NOT only is it given unto us to BELIEVE IN HIM....................BUT ALSO TO SUFFER FOR HIS NAME SAKE.

PRE TRIBBERS ya been LIED TOO .     many want that EASY LIFE ,     

They sat under WORLDY MEN who preached EASY LIFE THINGS .    THEY BEEN LIED TOO.   my advice.  ARMOUR UP FOLKS and be prepared to lose all , even die for theLORD

For many will sell out .     ONWARD I N THE LORD.   NOW COUNT THE COST and see all loss of things as bu dung TO WIN JESUS .    ALL ABOUT JESUS .  amen.

15 hours ago, inchrist said:

Don't prepare for it then

I got Christ , HE alone will get me through WHATEVER comes my way,  and even if I am killed,  HE HAS ME .

no worries over squat .     Even on the run and in the wilderness I shall eat as I have need.  

Even as we suffer need we shall abound , even as all come against us , persecute us ,   the body may die , BUT OUR SOUL IS HIS

NO FEAR of man, NO FEAR OF LOSS,  no fear of threat , N O  FEAR , only peace IN HIM no matter what comes against me .   SO I don't worry nor do I store up ANYTHING

Here on earth.  STORE UP IN HEAVEN.    FORWARD MARCH , cause soon its going to get real ugly,  we GO through THIS GREAT TRIBULATION

which is on the WAY sooner than later,  many of us will die ,  very few left by the TIME HE , JESUS RETURNS to destroy the false chirst called anti.

ONWARD peoples , ONWARD through the trenches andover the hillls we will proclaim JESUS ONLY SAVES and HE aint the minister of sin and yes for this many In

time to come will be killed, for they sold not out to the ALL INCLUSIVE LIE FOR WORLD PEACE the lie where a muslim holds the hand of a jew

who holds the hand of a LW christain , who holds the hand of a gay , who holds the hand of a  wican who say WE FAMILY  ,GOD IS LOVE  all paths lead to him LIE DUNG PILE FIB. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 1/25/2018 at 10:45 AM, missmuffet said:

I will not be on earth during the tribulation. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15: 50-54

Yeah, probably not, but not because of what those verses say.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Their is a far worse PUNISHMENT .    that I do know .   JESUS said SO.

FOR IF these things have been done in the green tree,  HOW MUCH WORSE FOR THE DRY .     AKA LAKE OF FIRE .

That is not referring to the times of tribulation experienced in the world.

No, the subject here, is that Jesus took upon Himself the greatest tribulation the world will ever see. At most, we "share" in a "part" of what He suffered. But He suffered it all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 1/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, LightShinesInTheDarkness said:

The 'escape' that the Lord was referring to was the wrath of God that will consume the earth with fire on the day of His return, along with all those who are not in Christ (whether they ever were or not).

Speaking to Christians (not unsaved people):

"But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day (The Day Of The Lord) come upon you suddenly like a trap (because you are no longer in Christ). For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

(Luke 21:34-36 ESV)

He was not referring to Christians 'escaping' the persecution and trials of the Great Tribulation (which is for the testing of the faith of the saints, according to God's will and plan) by rapture. You can re-read the entire chapter of Luke 21 and see that that is not what He meant; besides all the other Scriptures which clearly show that the rapture takes place on the last day of the Tribulation when Christ returns, not before it. Which means that all Christians will go through the Tribulation.

The wrath of God is what those who remain in Christ will be delivered ('escape') from, not the wrath of Satan. Jesus was addressing Christians, not unsaved people, in Luke 21:34-36. (See the Lord's warning to the church in Sardis for comparision: Revelation 3:1-6.)

People who are not in Christ are the ones upon whom the Day of the Lord will come like a trap and a thief. The Lord's warning in Luke 21:34-36 is to Christians, not unsaved people, just like His rebuke to the church in Sardis.

And now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears we may have confidence and not shrink from Him in shame at His coming.

(1 John 2:28 ESV)

("Behold, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake, keeping his garments on, that he may not go about naked and be seen exposed!") (Revelation 16:15 ESV)

Only those who have already been awakened ("Awake O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Eph 5:14) can stay awake. Only those who have garments (Matthew 22:11-14) can keep them on.

For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw---each one's work will become manifest, for the Day (of the Lord) will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire (the fire that will consume the world, and those who are not in Christ, when Jesus returns), and the fire will test what sort of work each has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved ('escape'), but only as through fire (only if he makes it through the fire; which, if he no longer has even the Foundation, he will not).

(1 Corinthians 3:11-15 ESV)

I guess you are just ad libbing on the escape.  I say that because what you said is not written. Therefore it is your human reasoning. Why is it so difficult for people to believe in an all powerful God, that He is not powerful enough to provide an escape?  Maybe you imagine God is the kind of God that would beat his bride to death, then bring her back to life and then marry her! Sorry, but this is not the kind of God we serve! He has already said He would not set any appointments for us with His wrath. We get to escape His wrath by way of the rapture: "we get to live together with Him" and "so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Next, show us the verse showing that the fire will come with Him as He comes. I have never seen that.

Edited by iamlamad

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I got Christ , HE alone will get me through WHATEVER comes my way,  and even if I am killed,  HE HAS ME .

no worries over squat .     Even on the run and in the wilderness I shall eat as I have need.  

Even as we suffer need we shall abound , even as all come against us , persecute us ,   the body may die , BUT OUR SOUL IS HIS

NO FEAR of man, NO FEAR OF LOSS,  no fear of threat , N O  FEAR , only peace IN HIM no matter what comes against me .   SO I don't worry nor do I store up ANYTHING

Here on earth.  STORE UP IN HEAVEN.    FORWARD MARCH , cause soon its going to get real ugly,  we GO through THIS GREAT TRIBULATION

which is on the WAY sooner than later,  many of us will die ,  very few left by the TIME HE , JESUS RETURNS to destroy the false chirst called anti.

ONWARD peoples , ONWARD through the trenches andover the hillls we will proclaim JESUS ONLY SAVES and HE aint the minister of sin and yes for this many In

time to come will be killed, for they sold not out to the ALL INCLUSIVE LIE FOR WORLD PEACE the lie where a muslim holds the hand of a jew

who holds the hand of a LW christain , who holds the hand of a gay , who holds the hand of a  wican who say WE FAMILY  ,GOD IS LOVE  all paths lead to him LIE DUNG PILE FIB. 

All that sounds great for the church age. But you have totally MISSED God's plan for the days of great tribulation. For that time, God's word tells us you will be overcome. I can assure you, that is NOT God's best for you, nor is it His plan. If God will not set an appointment for you, why on earth would you wish to set it yourself?

It seems there are many that wish to ignore at God's escape plan. 

Edited by iamlamad

6 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

None are above HIS MASTER , IF THEY HAVE DONE THIS TO ME or etc,  THEY WILL DO THIS TO YOU.   

YOU RIGHT .    but is their a far worse punishment for those who refuse JESUS.

YOU BET .   AND JESUS SAID IT .     Weep NOT FOR ME.......................................FOR if these things have been done in the green tree,  How much WORSE , WORSE , WORSE

for those of the dry.    OH YEAH ,     OH YEAH.

WE as christains are appointed unto tribulation ,  ITS THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT OF GOD that we be counted worthy to SUFFER for the KINGDOM

or  THIS, NOT only is it given unto us to BELIEVE IN HIM....................BUT ALSO TO SUFFER FOR HIS NAME SAKE.

PRE TRIBBERS ya been LIED TOO .     many want that EASY LIFE ,     

They sat under WORLDY MEN who preached EASY LIFE THINGS .    THEY BEEN LIED TOO.   my advice.  ARMOUR UP FOLKS and be prepared to lose all , even die for theLORD

For many will sell out .     ONWARD I N THE LORD.   NOW COUNT THE COST and see all loss of things as bu dung TO WIN JESUS .    ALL ABOUT JESUS .  amen.

Don't miss that simple word: OVERCOME.....only this time it will be the Beast who overcomes. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, iamlamad said:

I guess you are just ad libbing on the escape.  I say that because what you said is not written. Therefore it is your human reasoning. Why is it so difficult for people to believe in an all powerful God, that He is not powerful enough to provide an escape?  Many you imagine God is the kind of God that would beat his bride to death, then bring her back to life and then marry her! Sorry, but this is not the kind of God we serve! He has already said He would not set any appointments for us with His wrath. We get to escape His wrath by way of the rapture: "we get to live together with Him" and "so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Next, show us the verse showing that the fire will come with Him as He comes. I have never seen that.

(Evidence of the fire that will destroy the earth on the day of Christ's return: 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Isaiah 66:15,16; Malachi 4:1-3; 2 Peter 3:10-13.)

The notes of mine provided in parentheses in my previous response to you were for explanation---which you can see for yourself is the meaning of those scriptures if you examine them in the greater context of all of the scriptures that speak about these things, and not my personal interpretation.

The reason that these things seem impossible/absurd to you is that you have believed and been taught wrong, not only about the chronology of the events of the last days, but also about how God is and how He works---as many Christians have---instead of believing what the Scriptures say and show about Him and how He works: ALL of the Scriptures---not just the ones you like, or which may have been drummed into your head by pastors, out of context, misinterpreted, or overemphasized to the neglect of others...)

You are making the mistake of trying to make God do and be what you think He should do and be, instead of understanding and accepting Him as He actually is. And you do not see things the way that He sees them as you ought---or you would know that all of the things that He is getting ready to do and to allow to happen to His saints is purposeful, perfectly justified, and indeed His plan.

Instead of trying to make God be the way you think He should be or fit into what you have been taught about how He is, what He thinks, and how He works, find out the truth for yourself by reading what His word says about these things---without the tinted glasses of what you were taught in church, if possible, which may or may not be correct.

P.S. The God of the Old Testament and the God of the New Testament ARE THE SAME GOD. Different covenants; same God: Same attributes; same attitudes. (Now read Jeremiah; because the times in which you are living parallel his---whether you recognize it or not.)