• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,223
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Buckle said:

I generally agree with you, but at the same time you have to think how does a church become a faithful church?

Hi Buckle,

The `church,` are the called out ones, the believers, so to be `faithful` means they are faithful to the Lord, & His word in their daily lives, (trustworthy). Thus to measure faithfulness by attendance to man`s organised meeting is not biblical but guilt producing.

Marilyn.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Buckle,

The `church,` are the called out ones, the believers, so to be `faithful` means they are faithful to the Lord, & His word in their daily lives, (trustworthy). Thus to measure faithfulness by attendance to man`s organised meeting is not biblical but guilt producing.

Marilyn.

I agree. I was responding to missmuffet's comment not the attendance issue. Though the Bible does tell us to not stop meeting together, so part of being faithful is being faithful to the body of believers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

I agree. I was responding to missmuffet's comment not the attendance issue. Though the Bible does tell us to not stop meeting together, so part of being faithful is being faithful to the body of believers.

Hi Buckle

Thanks for the clarification. Now saying `faithful to the Body of believers,` is interpreted today as to mean - man`s organised meeting & group. Remember the Lord says that where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name then He is in their midst. That is being faithful, trustworthy, to support and encourage each other in reality, in daily life. Just turning up to man`s organised meeting on time & sitting in a pew behind a lot of other heads does not constitute `being faithful to the body.` For ....if you (we) don`t do that then we are made to feel guilty & not supportive, or faithful. It is man`s - regulation.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Buckle

Thanks for the clarification. Now saying `faithful to the Body of believers,` is interpreted today as to mean - man`s organised meeting & group. Remember the Lord says that where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name then He is in their midst. That is the being faithful, trustworthy, to support and encourage each other in reality, in daily life. Just turning up to man`s organised meeting on time & sitting in a pew behind a lot of other heads does not constitute `being faithful to the body.` For ....if you (we) don`t do that then we are made to feel guilty & not supportive, or faithful. It is man`s - regulation.

Marilyn.

I agree. Though I find that piece "Where 2 or 3 are gathered...." is used out of context most of the time. I also find it funny...I mean can 1 person gather? I mean technically the Holy Spirit lives in the midst of me so it kind of works even for one person. :D

3 hours ago, Buckle said:

I agree. Though I find that piece "Where 2 or 3 are gathered...." is used out of context most of the time. I also find it funny...I mean can 1 person gather? I mean technically the Holy Spirit lives in the midst of me so it kind of works even for one person. :D

Hi Buckle,

yes I agree that the Lord is in us. Now as to the 2 or 3 I think that it is referring to the Lord `in the midst of them.` (Matt. 18: 20) Being the Head of the Body He is quite able to encourage,  exhort and guide the believers.  It is a wonderful thought that the Apostle Paul by the Holy Spirit picks up on when talking to the believers, saying that when you meet each one brings- a word, a song, etc.

regards, Marilyn. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/18/1951

Shalom,

Reading the above comments, I can't help thinking, hey, maybe the Church Services aren't that important, eh? For the two or three gathered together in His Name can be much easier found at any Small Group.

Sometimes at Small Groups, I used to ask some Preachers whether he/she had preached at the latest Service. If the answer was Yes, I asked other folks, had they been present there and if Yes, what was that Sermon about. Almost always the silence was the answer. The reason is either that was a lullaby sermon or sleeping audience, or both. As you see, it's easier to comment than to prepare a Sermon.

Anyway, I thank you for reading. GOD bless you. Igor

Edited by Igor Evgen
format

10 hours ago, Igor Evgen said:

Shalom,

Reading the above comments, I can't help thinking, hey, maybe the Church Services aren't that important, eh? For the two or three gathered together in His Name can be much easier found at any Small Group.

Sometimes at Small Groups, I used to ask some Preachers whether he/she had preached at the latest Service. If the answer was Yes, I asked other folks, had they been present there and if Yes, what was that Sermon about. Almost always the silence was the answer. The reason is either that was a lullaby sermon or sleeping audience, or both. As you see, it's easier to comment than to prepare a Sermon.

Anyway, I thank you for reading. GOD bless you. Igor

Hi Igor Evgen,

Yes that is quite often the case. The difficulty is that today we have a lecture type of meeting and not a sharing where believers can discuss together and share what the Holy Spirit is saying to them, or even question something. We have taken on the lecture type service as the only way we can meet. Personally I believe lecture type delivery is good for special teaching times, but generally small groups produce an environment where believers can share and grow together, helping each other and with everyone being able to participate.

Over here in OZ (Australia) in our area we have believers whom we get together with in all sorts of situations. Today we (hubby and I) are going to have our backs and body crunched, and then have lunch with our 2 friends. We share of what God is saying and doing in our lives and in the lives of those we reach out to. Their son (18) will be with us and has questions for us, so I`m looking forward to that discussion as he is a real thinker.

Note even a small meeting can just get a smaller version of the bigger meeting with someone in control. it takes a mature person (elder) to undergird & not control small gatherings. Thus we appreciate the 2`s and 3`s (sometimes more) as there the Lord the Head is in our midst and everyone can get a turn, and not the bossy person with the loudest voice or opinion taking control, if you know what I mean.

regards, Marilyn.  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 1/24/2018 at 8:02 AM, Igor Evgen said:

If you mean the Believers are late to Church Services and Small Groups, it's a sure sign that GOD is not First for them.

I have a kid. I am late to everything. :)

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,481
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/24/2018 at 7:02 AM, Igor Evgen said:

The question:

Talking in a Church about some discipline, we often hear the argument, This is not an army! What would you say to that?

My answer:

If you mean the Believers are late to Church Services and Small Groups, it's a sure sign that GOD is not First for them. As for that argument you hear, make sure the people know what they talk about. Verily, far not everyone has ever been to the military.

As for me, I've been there (don't want anymore) and therefore may say better of those dumped years of mine. Sure, the Church of GOD is neither army nor navy and shouldn't have anything to do with either their order or their disorder – all of the same evil origin.

Let's consider these Scriptures to better understand the Discipline we need.

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first...  (Matthew 12:43-45)

...Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your Minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be Servant of all.  (Mark 10:42-44)

Is any sick among you? let him call for the Elders of the Church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with Oil in the Name of the Lord...  (James 5:14)

So, what do you think is common in the above Verses?

Lo, in Spirit War there are regulations which quite resemble one another on both sides of the front line. Those regulations are not even close to those of worldly military. For the higher ranks in the spirit realm presume a higher understanding, not a higher pride. For millenniums both fighting sides have clearly seen their victories impossible without that kind of order & discipline.

Scripture reference: Proverbs 11:2 (pride & shame)

Proverbs 16:5 (abomination of pride)

Proverbs 16:18 (pride & fall)

1Corinthians 4:7 (foolishness of pride)

2Corinthians 10:5 & Philippians 4:8 (purify your mind)

The above is taken from Q & A book, chapter 87,

http://igor.worthyofpraise.org

The church is an army, the Army of God. And we, the congregation, are soldiers in the Army of God. I think it's II Timothy, were Timothy is reminded he is a soldier of God. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

The church is an army, the Army of God. And we, the congregation, are soldiers in the Army of God. I think it's II Timothy, were Timothy is reminded he is a soldier of God. 

Yes, and I think it is wonderful when a person finds a Bible believing Church. A Church that preaches the true word of God and has a great fellowship and friends they can worship with.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1