IGNORED

King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Bibles

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sorry we can't pick random scriptures out like it is a fortune cookie and pretend it can be applied as valid to any Bible topic, because that is exactly what you are doing quoting those verses out of context. It is sad and very frustrating to see this constantly on this Forum. Perhaps the ones that do this are actually not Christians after all and just punking us? :PThose scriptures have nothing whatsoever to do with a discussion about using a clear and accurate Bible Translation. As for your tower of Babel quote - so your point is that GOD is "confounding" the translations of HIS WORD in order to MESS people up that they don't understand his word? :huh: 

Now your use & application of scripture is frightening me.

What baffles me is Scott says it is God's will to withhold truth and confound people, but Scott doesn't want anyone to be blind.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Just now, Butero said:

What baffles me is Scott says it is God's will to withhold truth and confound people, but Scott doesn't want anyone to be blind.  

Does YHVH want anyone to be blind ?

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Does YHVH want anyone to be blind ?

All I know is I will not intentionally confuse people to keep them in the dark.  

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

Just now, Butero said:

All I know is I will not intentionally confuse people to keep them in the dark.  

You don't know if YHVH wants anyone to be blind ?  (or as you said "confound" people? )

His Word Says He hides the truth from the scholars (the blind ones who reject Him). The blind lead the blind, and He doesn't heal them.

He also confounds people daily. (YHVH does) (many on the forum are confounded, you realize, right ? )

So why are you baffled when someone seeking YHVH also says this ? (repeats what YHVH says in His Word)  Was there some other aspect not revealed in the quotes here ?

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

There is so much Biblical misinformation on WCF & the system here seems to encourage it.

Yes,  not just on forums, but in many churchs and from many pastors /teachers/ evangelists also.   People following men instead of following Jesus are often confounded ,  and this is indicated daily in their lives and conversations,  and they won't be healed until YHVH heals them.

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

You don't know if YHVH wants anyone to be blind ?  (or as you said "confound" people? )

His Word Says He hides the truth from the scholars (the blind ones who reject Him). The blind lead the blind, and He doesn't heal them.

He also confounds people daily. (YHVH does) (many on the forum are confounded, you realize, right ? )

So why are you baffled when someone seeking YHVH also says this ? (repeats what YHVH says in His Word)  Was there some other aspect not revealed in the quotes here ?

The Lord called me to preach the Word.  There are enough deceivers already.  I don't plan to join them.  

28 minutes ago, Butero said:

Are you suggesting we should be less than forthcoming when we teach because some can't handle the truth?  We could have a message rating system where a milk message is for General Audiences and you listen to a meat message at your own risk.  

As written,  many cannot handle,  or willingly reject the truth.  How many times is the milk of the Word mentioned in the Word (people needing it, etc ) ... and "not ready for meat"  ....

Then the responsibility of knowing the truth - doesn't YHVH say once or more often that when someone knows the truth , knows what to do,  and fails to do it,  for them it is sin !?   So if they aren't taught right,  'in YHVH'S order',  they might find themselves 'knowing' what is right to do,   but unable / not knowing /  how to do it !    (like sometimes for example 'how to ' heal the blind,  raise the dead,  live a holy life as Jesus says --- how many people are 'ready' ? )

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

The Lord called me to preach the Word.  There are enough deceivers already.  I don't plan to join them.  

So ?  What here is apparently confounding or confusing you ?   How will you or me or anyone anywhere know when something is wrong,  to be corrected, to turn and be right ?  (so far here on the forum, all the threads,  it looks like many versions of the Bible could be used for correction and edification,  IF someone/ anyone is looking for YHVH'S WAY. 

Nearly any version is far ahead of all the threads in motive, purpose and content, right ?  

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

As written,  many cannot handle,  or willingly reject the truth.  How many times is the milk of the Word mentioned in the Word (people needing it, etc ) ... and "not ready for meat"  ....

Then the responsibility of knowing the truth - doesn't YHVH say once or more often that when someone knows the truth , knows what to do,  and fails to do it,  for them it is sin !?   So if they aren't taught right,  'in YHVH'S order',  they might find themselves 'knowing' what is right to do,   but unable / not knowing /  how to do it !    (like sometimes for example 'how to ' heal the blind,  raise the dead,  live a holy life as Jesus says --- how many people are 'ready' ? )

Truth Jeff, but what is the solution?  Do we treat everyone like they are new Christians and never discuss anything but salvation and baptism, the milk of the Word?  Some of us are on steak.  We are past that.

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

So ?  What here is apparently confounding or confusing you ?   How will you or me or anyone anywhere know when something is wrong,  to be corrected, to turn and be right ?  (so far here on the forum, all the threads,  it looks like many versions of the Bible could be used for correction and edification,  IF someone/ anyone is looking for YHVH'S WAY. 

Nearly any version is far ahead of all the threads in motive, purpose and content, right ?  

Not so.  The modern translations were created because of greed and to cause confusion.  I utterly reject the modern English translations.  You use what you want, but they are unclean to me.