IGNORED

King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Bibles

22 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Right or wrong, that would be one interpretation. But I read and take "all" to mean "all."

In the book of Acts, the Spirit wasn't poured out on all flesh in the literal sense, just those who came to Christ, yet Peter said it was a fulfillment of that prophesy.  Why would God pour his Spirit out on the unclean?  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

19 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Right or wrong, that would be one interpretation. But I read and take "all" to mean "all."

There are times in English Bibles when "all" doesn't mean "all of the biggest whole set of something/ people/ nations",

but here in this context, and looking at what flesh seems to mean,  perhaps all does mean all.

Just like the GOSPEL IS PREACHED TO ALL -- yet most never receive it,  never accept it ,  are never saved, no not ever.

So the GOSPEL MESSAGE is for the remnant an aroma of LIFE !  but to those destined for destruction , the SAME GOSPEL MESSAGE is the aroma of DEATH ! 

Could be ?  (don't know of examples yet) That when YHVH'S SPIRIT is poured out,  those destined for destruction are killed by it ?  Or terrified ?  (i.e. NOT saved by it)  

WHile ALL those in Christ Jesus abiding in His Word born again with eternal life ,   it is OVERFLOWING JOY AND PEACE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR THEM ! ?

This would seem to 'fit' with all that the KJV and every other Bible says , right ?  < shrugs >  Subject to finding examples or testing and revelation  / understanding from the Father / in Scripture to verify or to dismiss....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

In the book of Acts, the Spirit wasn't poured out on all flesh in the literal sense, just those who came to Christ, yet Peter said it was a fulfillment of that prophesy.  Why would God pour his Spirit out on the unclean?  

So they can be made clean.   but you already know this butero.   

BUTERO this IS IT .   WHAT was peter saying .    What had those men accused them of .

THE SPIRIT was being poured out on those who believed, its was the ones getting accused of being drunk.

BUT did the ones saying that this was just drunks..............THEY were not part OF THAT ALL WERE THEY NOW .   you got a good point butero.

WHILE we both know only the SPIRIT can draw us to CHRIST we also know the outpouring of it goes only to BELIEVERS .    I don't think most see that .

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

GOOD ! 

Was there EVER a time YHVH poured out His Spirit on the heathen/ pagans/ gentiles ?   I don't remember .....

(even in Judgment, or another purpose than that when for the ekklesia..... )

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

The entire argument about kjv only centers on nothing. Literally. In order to prove it is the one and only youd have to have to original greek. We do not. Without it we can take any greek text and hold it to any English translation including the kjv and find discrepencies. In fact especially the kjv as it was translated largely from the latin vulgate, and not the greek.

There is nowhere in the bible that ssys kjv only. All it says is God will preserve His word. There are many translations that are indeed garbage, but not all, and any time you hammer down on any one single translation as being the one true one, not only are you forming your opinion off of opinions and traditions, but your also being extremely legalistic and ignoring what the book actually says.

First of all, I want you to bring into this thread, every instance where the Bible uses the word legalist, and then give us the Greek definition.  It shouldn't take you very long.  

Next, I challenge you to defend the new translations in light of the fact they have removed portions of what was supposed to be a closed canon.  If you can remove verses that were in the canon and defend that, and even the fact some modern translations have added to a verse in Psalms, then I can use the same argument to say we should go back and have a new debate on what books should be in the Bible, as well as debate individual verses.  Perhaps we should place Rest of Esther with Esther?  Perhaps Enoch should be in the new and improved canon.  The canon isn't closed anymore if it is ok to add or subtract from what was called canon.  I stand by everything I have said in defense of the KJV only position.  

One of the absolute dumbest arguments I have ever seen anyone use against the KJV only position is to say the Bible doesn't say we must be KJV only in the text.  It doesn't say the Book of Mormon isn't going to come along and be an additional portion of the Word of God either, so does that mean we should give that idea serious consideration?  I would be ashamed to even use that argument.  

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

So they can be made clean.   but you already know this butero.   

BUTERO this IS IT .   WHAT was peter saying .    What had those men accused them of .

THE SPIRIT was being poured out on those who believed, its was the ones getting accused of being drunk.

BUT did the ones saying that this was just drunks..............THEY were not part OF THAT ALL WERE THEY NOW .   you got a good point butero.

WHILE we both know only the SPIRIT can draw us to CHRIST we also know the outpouring of it goes only to BELIEVERS .    I don't think most see that .

OH dear I got to clear that up.   Notice the holy ghost had been poured out on them.   And what did peter quoate ,  THESE MEN aer not DRUNK as YE SUPPOSE

he then quoated JOEL.   now the spirit was being poured out on all flesh for men and women were prophesying and etc RIGHT THIER in the streets .

But notice the SPIRIT was not poured on those who said...........THESE ARE DRUNK.....................................for they BELEIVED NOT .

the spirit draws us to faith in Christ , THEN we receive the outpouring OF THE PROMISE written in joel .   

19 minutes ago, ScottA said:

I would never want to give the interfaith movement anything, but nevertheless, there is a truth regarding the outpouring of God's spirit during these times that we should understand clearly, and I have told it truthfully.

What is truthful about claiming God's Spirit will be poured out on literally all flesh, when it clearly won't be?  It will only be poured out on born again Christians.  We see examples of that in the Book of Acts.  

16 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Protesting too much, methinks.

See Hamlet Act III, Scene II .

What is your problem then?  How about all the people in this thread that are defending your position?  They are protesting pretty good too.  Some have more posts than me.  You are attacking them by attacking me.  You might want to reconsider your flawed argument.  

16 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That is good enough for me for now .  SO long as you see that interfaith as false .   Yes I do agree that their is still an outpouring of the Holy ghost being done .

and these will serve JESUS ONLY and not interfaith .   SO long as you see that I wont worry about you. THANKS FOR MAKING THAT CLEAR .

cause their is another move going on and it claims to be OF the HOLY GHOST and it aint .   interfaith or unity with rome IS NOT the HOLY GHOST , its  another spirit

at work playing AS the holy ghost .  

Do you believe that God is pouring out his Spirit on sinners?  Whether he calls that interfaith or not, that is the so-called truth he is teaching.  

1 minute ago, Butero said:

What is your problem then?  How about all the people in this thread that are defending your position?  They are protesting pretty good too.  Some have more posts than me.  You are attacking them by attacking me.  You might want to reconsider your flawed argument.  

Butero.   you know in the eyes of rome its defense is never protest ,   only ours is .    come now we know this .   be blessed , they just going to attack butero.

WE SHALL JUST KEEP DEFENDING AND CONTENDING FOR THE TRUE FAITH.   from pampers to death all in rome have been taught THE CHURCH is SOLE AUTHORITY

not scriptures.    YOU KNOW why that would get invented.   well if I desired power and preeminence ,   I  would say the same thing

HEY the scrips are GOOD and all ,BUT HEY ,  come now HEED ME , HEED ME .    WE UNDESTAND don't we butero .    by grace we do .   its a snare what that church

and sadly many others too taught .