• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, ScottA said:

According to Him (not me) He "confounded all language" which would include the scriptures, because men began to do evil in His sight. It is then explained later that "all things come in parables" and the "My words are spirit", and therefore, the scriptures "must be discerned spiritually" because the word has gone out to all, both "the wheat and the tares."

Yes,  subject to Jesus and in line with YHVH'S WORD,  perhaps you could again (I expect you did sometime before this) ,

show each step (clarify for those who do not see) as written in Scripture ?

(1) According to Him (not me) He "confounded all language"

(2) which would include the scriptures,

(3)  explained later that "all things come in parables"

(4) "My words are spirit"

(5) the scriptures "must be discerned spiritually"

(6) because the word has gone out to all, both "the wheat and the tares."

(1) (4) (5) and (6) are all obviously true,  but the references help.

(2) is true perhaps or usually - depends on what you mean perhaps - Scriptures is unintelligible to many people (the natural mind) here on the forum and in the world , as written...  again the references help.

(3) 'all things' may depend on context ?

Basically could all be sound true teaching,  not accepted by the worldly or carnally minded, or those who hold to doctrines that are exposed by the truth ?    Again, test everything,  references help,  including context (when and where or who it applies to according to YHVH'S WORD, and YHVH'S PLAN in YESHUA HAMASHIACH ) ....

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I agree with Davida.  

So ?  What specific point do you disagree with ? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

This is (or has been) obvious in the past year as members revealed their 'sources' of various ungodly doctrines but called them 'right' !    No matter what version they use(d),  they got it wrong ,  and hang on to it for the support (apparently) of their favorite teacher or preacher,  or just one they like or accept without testing and without proving true.

After someone has followed a false teacher even,  casually, for years,  it is or may be very difficult to find out and then to admit that they were in great error.    They may even use KJV,  or any other translation,  but the false teachings oppose all of them(all and any Scripture) - they just are 'blind' and don't know it ....

These are the symptoms of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh, on the good and the evil, and what happens when the world infiltrates the church.

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

So ?  What specific point do you disagree with ? 

I disagree with the entire premise there is anything good about corrupt Bible translations and the idea they aren't worth standing against.  They are detestable to me and a tool of the devil meant to sew confusion.  They completely make worthless the canon,   The tower of Babel has nothing to do with this topic.  The fact some KJV only preachers get things wrong is irrelevant, as is the fact we have threads on silly topics.

1 hour ago, Davida said:

That is a false teaching about the scriptures. Who did you learn that idea from or are you self-taught? It is really messed up. We are not called to speak in riddles so people don't hear the message of the Gospel and Be Saved.

I quoted the scriptures. If you don't like it, you don't like Him who first spoke it.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I disagree with the entire premise there is anything good about corrupt Bible translations and the idea they aren't worth standing against.  They are detestable to me and a tool of the devil meant to sew confusion.  They completely make worthless the canon,   The tower of Babel has nothing to do with this topic.  The fact some KJV only preachers get things wrong is irrelevant, as is the fact we have threads on silly topics.

OH for sure we should do this too.   Point them to a good bible .    so they can feed from the pages of truth and grow wise unto salvation THROUGH FAITH in Christ .

For many I say are growing wise unto SLAVATION through faith in mens words .  they may feel FREE but still a slave to sin ,  makes them only wise unto SLAVATION

and not SALVATION.   funny how just reversing those two letters makes a whole different direction .   

1 hour ago, Davida said:

That is a very confused theology you have.

It is not my theology, but the written word. Interestingly though, many of the translations of God "confounding" all language, use the word "confused." So, your perception is correct, just as it was meant to be.

Edited by ScottA
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH but let us be on guard for many use this , then claim some new revelation of greater truth.  ONLY to find out this so called revelation contradicts the ORIGINAL MESSAGE

and MESSENGER CHRIST JESUS.    yeps,  many do this .  be on guard.   

Absolutely, which simply underlines the fact that the scriptures must be discerned spiritually, and tested.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

15 minutes ago, Butero said:

That "entire premise" is hardly worth mentioning, as there are greater errors 'behind the scenes' here even amongst those who are claiming to hold to a more accurate Scripture or somehow 'better' theology.  (much of which cannot be disclosed at this time due to space, time and rules of the site, and unwillingness of some,  and it would need a few or many other threads ! ) ....

So agreeing on something that's actually not disputed,   nor even disputable ? ,  while other important things are seemingly sliding by unobserved and wrong,   doesn't help your point of view, does it ?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Absolutely, which simply underlines the fact that the scriptures must be discerned spiritually, and tested.

I Don't know where it started.  but what on you and davida not seeing eye to eye on .

Explain it so it can be tested .