IGNORED

King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Bibles 2

4 hours ago, ScottA said:

I have quoted the passage many times:

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth;

...But the Spirit of truth is not equal, but greater than the written word, for the written word is only inspired, but the Spirit of truth is "face to face."

The checks and balances are given also:

1 John 4:1-3 

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

I don't accept your interpretation of that verse.  I take that to mean that the Spirit will guide us into all truth contained within the Holy Bible, being the 66 books of the canon.  I don't take that to mean there is additional truth to be found.  

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, ScottA said:

So, then, you are making a distinction between the word written on tablets and that written in our hearts. God does too. But I don't know that I would consider it a closed cannon.

I am saying that you are imposing something on the Bible that is simply not there.   For something to be Scripture, it has to meet some pretty rigorous standards.  The 66 books of the biblical canon have unique, internal characteristics that set them apart from every other piece of literature on earth.   That being said, we also need to look at what the Bible says about itself such as here in Jude.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. (Jud 1:3)

Notice the last part: "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."   He refers to the "the faith," which in in this particular place refers to the totality of what we believe as Christians.  The Greek also renders "once"  as "once for all."  There is as finality to that.   The sum total of the Christian faith is once for all time, delivered to us, the saints. The word in Greek is hapax and it refers to something that is done once for all time and has continuing results perpetually, thus never needing to be repeated.   That means our faith has been delivered to us once and it never needs to be redelivered, nor does it need to be added to. It has continuing results in that we continue be further enlightened and gain greater understanding of its teachings, but that does not include any new Scriptures. 

The word "delivered" is paradotheise  in Greek and carries the aorist passive form.  This means that the faith was delivered and it is not being continuously delivered.  It happened one time, in the past and there is no continuing delivery of it.   That means that our faith is not something we invented or discovered, but something that God has delivered to us.

So the Christian faith, the sum total of all that we believe (Scripture), was once and for all time, delivered to us and is complete and final. 

We have been given an objective body of revelation in Scripture that is unchanging and is both final and complete.  Nothing is being added to it.  It is complete and objective and as such, there can be no new revelation.   There are no new doctrines, or teachings that were left out, no new revelation, and besides, there is no one who meets the criteria of a biblical prophet or apostle in our day.   

In fact, the Bible warns us against those who come to us claiming to have some new revelation. Anyone claiming to be a prophet or apostles and holding up some new teaching that they claim was given to them by God is a false teacher. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Here is how I test the spirits.      Anything that comes out of the mouth of even ninety witnesses .     IF it agrees with what has been written amen. IF NOT ITS FALSE .

And I do that with anyone , no matter how long I have kwown them.  EVEN if they have taught total truth for fifty years and two others had too.

Whatever comes out they mouth, GETS TESTED against BIBLICAL DOCTRINE.    and if it contradicts even one percent .  it gets rejected.

For by grace I know all men are not infallible .  ONLY GOD IS and I KNOW HIS WORD and his words ARE TOO.   

If being that way makes me wrong ,  then I just don't want to be seen as right .     Just a lil nugget for ya to feast on. 

That is good, but it does rely on one fully understanding what is written themselves, which is not possible without the Spirit. But with the Spirit, indeed it is possible. Thanks!

AND THE KEY IS if anyone ever says that and then brings anything ,  that new anything IF it rejects even one dot of the truth that has already been written.

IT gets the DENIED stamp of non approval.   IF it one hundred percent aligns up with what has been written , then it is true . 

So now I am ready to hear some of this truth you would like to share .   Hey memember share with one another what GOD reveals for its always

for the use of edifying the body.   So , ,now I am ready to hear some of this revelation that got revealed to you.    Let us hear my friend , let us hear .

This I have been doing and will continue. Thank you.

Has Christ revealed to you some of the many more things.  IF SO , share my friend , share with the group.

It is the written word that is complete ("Finished"), but not the Word, for His "words are spirit." But I have no need to say that they are spirit or to report that the Word continues in spirit, for this He Himself said: "My words are spirit", and "I will send you the Spirit...and He will guide you into all truth."

14 hours ago, Butero said:

I don't accept your interpretation of that verse.  I take that to mean that the Spirit will guide us into all truth contained within the Holy Bible, being the 66 books of the canon.  I don't take that to mean there is additional truth to be found.  

Christ Himself said:

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, ScottA said:

Christ Himself said:

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

Yes, but when He said that, the NT had not been written down, none of the Gospels or epistles.   So he did reveal more to them and they wrote that down for us in the NT canon we have now.

That is not a promise or indicator of a unclosed canon.

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am saying that you are imposing something on the Bible that is simply not there.   For something to be Scripture, it has to meet some pretty rigorous standards.  The 66 books of the biblical canon have unique, internal characteristics that set them apart from every other piece of literature on earth.   That being said, we also need to look at what the Bible says about itself such as here in Jude.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. (Jud 1:3)

Notice the last part: "the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."   He refers to the "the faith," which in in this particular place refers to the totality of what we believe as Christians.  The Greek also renders "once"  as "once for all."  There is as finality to that.   The sum total of the Christian faith is once for all time, delivered to us, the saints. The word in Greek is hapax and it refers to something that is done once for all time and has continuing results perpetually, thus never needing to be repeated.   That means our faith has been delivered to us once and it never needs to be redelivered, nor does it need to be added to. It has continuing results in that we continue be further enlightened and gain greater understanding of its teachings, but that does not include any new Scriptures. 

The word "delivered" is paradotheise  in Greek and carries the aorist passive form.  This means that the faith was delivered and it is not being continuously delivered.  It happened one time, in the past and there is no continuing delivery of it.   That means that our faith is not something we invented or discovered, but something that God has delivered to us.

So the Christian faith, the sum total of all that we believe (Scripture), was once and for all time, delivered to us and is complete and final. 

We have been given an objective body of revelation in Scripture that is unchanging and is both final and complete.  Nothing is being added to it.  It is complete and objective and as such, there can be no new revelation.   There are no new doctrines, or teachings that were left out, no new revelation, and besides, there is no one who meets the criteria of a biblical prophet or apostle in our day.   

In fact, the Bible warns us against those who come to us claiming to have some new revelation. Anyone claiming to be a prophet or apostles and holding up some new teaching that they claim was given to them by God is a false teacher. 

Okay, you are hung up on the word on tablets only, and not hearing me. However, that is not all there is.

As I have quoted, and therefore it is not me making any claim, but the word according to the scriptures is that the next phase is entirely spiritual: written on our hearts, delivered directly from the Holy Spirit, and promised by the Word Himself to be fulfilled in our time. And if you stop at the written word only...you are living in the past, and will not hear more of it until you answer the door within on which Jesus knocks, or the last day. So your accusations of falsehood are on your own head, unless you get with His program and stop killing the prophets as was done in former times, even killing Christ.

Guest shiloh357
29 minutes ago, ScottA said:

Okay, you are hung up on the word on tablets only, and not hearing me. However, that is not all there is.

No, I heard you. But you are wrong.  

As I have quoted, and therefore it is not me making any claim, but the word according to the scriptures is that the next phase is entirely spiritual: written on our hearts, delivered directly from the Holy Spirit, and promised by the Word Himself to be fulfilled in our time. And if you stop at the written word only...you are living in the past, and will not hear more of it until you answer the door within on which Jesus knocks, or the last day. So your accusations of falsehood are on your own head, unless you get with His program and stop killing the prophets as was done in former times, even killing Christ.

None of that incoherent, rambling pile of nonsense addresses what I said regarding Jude 3.  Let me know what you actually compose an intelligent response.

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, but when He said that, the NT had not been written down, none of the Gospels or epistles.   So he did reveal more to them and they wrote that down for us in the NT canon we have now.

That is not a promise or indicator of a unclosed canon.

Oh, but there is indeed more:

And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

Nonetheless, you are ignoring that God promised to pour out His spirit on all flesh, to write His laws on the hearts of his chosen, and sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth during these times.