• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I got something better than the Law.....it’s called the Holy Spirit. The law has done its job in my life. It convicted me of my sin and lead me to the one who bore my sins and forgave me. As Luther said “ let the Jews have the Law”. The Law is God’s instruction manual for humans to show them how to be a moral, Happy and successful person.The wiser you are the more you will look to it for guidance.Obedience to the Law is vital if you want to have a good life.It is not meant to be instructions to be deprived of a fun carnal life given to us by the great Cosmic Killjoy.The Natural Man does not realize every single command given by God was for our own good.We should strive to keep the Law because We are the beneficiaries when we do.The Law is the pinnacle of wisdom......it just doesn’t save.Faith plus nothing saves.....The Law is there to show you that you can’t keep it.It shows us we are sinners who need a Saviour.I hope you can say to the Law...” Mission Accomplished”.To put it perhaps a little crudely—— take your old Law to God’s car  lot and trade it in on a shiny , new Holy Spirit.Its The only thing that will make the trip home..... a much smoother ride and the reliability is beyond reproach.

Agree with some of the above. One thing I disagree with is that we should strive to obey the law. If the holy Spirit should say to our hearts "hey bro, that ain't right. What you are doing is offensive to God and man, and is a transgression you need to repent of", then our reaction to that conviction is not to "try and do better", or to strive to keep the law next time temptation comes, but rather to do what the law was designed to do all along ..confess our utter need of a Savior and seek Him. I agree that the law is there to show us our limitations, therefore we must seek Him who can do for us what in and of ourselves is impossible.  Not do away with the law by "nailing it to the cross", but doing precisely what Jesus did...exalting the law and making it honorable. We can do that also by abiding in that Vine and being fed with the same Spirit and the same strength and virtue that Christ received of His Father. Romans 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The irony is that the closer we come to Jesus, the more unworthy we recognise we are, and the more conscious we become of our shortcomings. Not only so, the more we become aware that we can not possibly be saved by our obedience. My dispute with shiloh is based on his suppositions and presumptions that just because one upholds the law as being holy, just, and good, then those doing so are automatically using it in order to be saved. Why cannot an already saved person uphold God's laws as being honorable without being attacked for it? That seems to me that the person doing the attacking has the issue with the law...not the one upholding it. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

The scribes and pharisees kept TORAH,  or pretended to, but had not trust in YHVH nor in Jesus.

The Apostles and disciples kept TORAH,  with no pretense, and put all their trust in the Father and in Jesus.

Which ones did YHVH declare righteous by faith ?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, brakelite said:

The irony is that the closer we come to Jesus, the more unworthy we recognise we are...

I would add that although we may be aware of how unworthy we are, it is because of the contrast between  ourselves and His utmost holiness that we would never conceive ourselves of being righteous. Yet in reality we are being changed. By beholding and abiding, we are being conformed into His image. But genuine meekness and humility would forbid us from even seeing that ourselves, let alone confessing such a state.

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I got something better than the Law.....it’s called the Holy Spirit.

Yet have you not seen many who claim to be baptized in...walking in...filled with...and being led by the holy Spirit yet openly and secretly transgressing God's commandments? Does the Spirit contradict the law? Or does the Spirit bring one into harmony with the law? How do we know of a certainty that the Spirit we speak of is the holy one, and not a demon from hell guiding and leading people astray? Would the holy Spirit lead people away from, or toward obedience? Would a demon from hell lead a person into, or away from transgressing the law? The holy Spirit cannot be used as a replacement for God's own written word. It is God's word that He places above everything else.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, brakelite said:

Agree with some of the above. One thing I disagree with is that we should strive to obey the law. If the holy Spirit should say to our hearts "hey bro, that ain't right. What you are doing is offensive to God and man, and is a transgression you need to repent of", then our reaction to that conviction is not to "try and do better", or to strive to keep the law next time temptation comes, but rather to do what the law was designed to do all along ..confess our utter need of a Savior and seek Him. I agree that the law is there to show us our limitations, therefore we must seek Him who can do for us what in and of ourselves is impossible.  Not do away with the law by "nailing it to the cross", but doing precisely what Jesus did...exalting the law and making it honorable. We can do that also by abiding in that Vine and being fed with the same Spirit and the same strength and virtue that Christ received of His Father. Romans 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The irony is that the closer we come to Jesus, the more unworthy we recognise we are, and the more conscious we become of our shortcomings. Not only so, the more we become aware that we can not possibly be saved by our obedience. My dispute with shiloh is based on his suppositions and presumptions that just because one upholds the law as being holy, just, and good, then those doing so are automatically using it in order to be saved. Why cannot an already saved person uphold God's laws as being honorable without being attacked for it? That seems to me that the person doing the attacking has the issue with the law...not the one upholding it. 

I don’t know how much clearer I can be.I paid many compliments to the Law in my post.A saved person who strives to uphold the law is wise.Those that say The Law is holy , just , and good are right on the money.Trying to keep the Law “ because” you are saved as opposed to trying to obey it to “ stay” saved is a worthy thing.I will never attack anybody that is trying to obey the Law , if he is saved and doing it out of love for God or just by seeing the wisdom of it.Let me try to make myself clear one more time. I HATE sin! Obedience is GREAT! The Law is a gift from God and we are wise to try to obey it.The Law is GREAT!!!!!

it just does not save.

• Praise God! 1

• 9 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Yes, I think the Church today is doing that. Until we try all that we can to get back to our 'first love', then we won't be able to see the truths that God wants to show us.

Self-exaltation is just another word for pride. This sin is one of the biggest sins that the world has today, because it is taught as a virtue, rather than the vice it really is. Until we get the right perspective on pride, then we won't be able to deal with it in ourselves, which won't allow us to help those that deal with this great sin either.

This is the sin that turned satan against God, so it may be worth dealing with it within ourselves, so we don't go where he is destined to go.

In peace