• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

38 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And that is why I don't read it .    You be blessed now kiwi.   

Oh I give up. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, LadyKay said:

Oh I give up. 

Sister aint nobody giving up on my watch .     Now buckle down and strap on the armour of the LORD

ITS EXHORTATION time in the house peoples .     That's right ,  ITS PRAISE TIME TOO peoples .    now lady kay ,  you armour up sister

feed only from the bible .   Lady kay I have a serious question for you.   Do you see the way  I type .   Do I sound like a genius.

THEN how come reading the KJV is easy for me .    Now think about that .    surely you aint saying ol frienduff has a higher reading level than you.

I mean look at these punctuations or lack thereof .      come on now sis,  don't say you cant read as well as I.     Start over sis .  just begin anew in THE LORD .

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THEN how come reading the KJV is easy for me .    Now think about that .    surely you aint saying ol frienduff has a higher reading level than you.

I never said that I can not read the KJV Bible. I do not understand what that has to do with this topic. 

(and by the way. I meant I was giving up on this topic. Since it seem so many people are quick to believe accusations then taking the time to look at the facts. )

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Start over sis .  just begin anew in THE LORD .

So what you are saying is  since I would rather read the NIV Bible over the KJV, that must mean that I am somehow not where I are to be with The Lord? 

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

So what you are saying is  since I would rather read the NIV Bible over the KJV, that must mean that I am somehow not where I are to be with The Lord? 

Lady kay got get some encouragement from the old country church post that angels for you started .    

44 minutes ago, Cletus said:

this is romans 8:1-2 in the niv... Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you

this is the same in the kjv...    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

notice the underlined part of the KJV is not present in the NIV?  there are hundreds of omissions in the NIV. (google can tell you all about this)  the NIV is watered down at best.  beware of all NIV. 

The missing parts are in the footnote section of the NIV Bible. Reading "some later manuscripts......."   This has been pointed out in some past replies but yet stills seems to not be understood. My old NIV Bible printed in 1983 has a small letter "b" pointing me to the footnote. My research tells me that the KJV added words to the Bible by mistake that should have never been there in the first place. Thus that is why they are not in NIV, but included as a footnote explaining that "some early or later manuscripts say........"   All this can be found with a bit of research as I have done. But so many KJV only people are so bent on thinking they are 100% right, they don't want to even try to understand  what anyone else has to say. 

With all of that said. My thoughts are since the NIV is giving me the verse and also showing me how the verse is read in  some other manuscripts as it points me to the footnote, It makes sense to me that the NIV gives me the all around understanding of the verse.  

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Lady kay got get some encouragement from the old country church post that angels for you started .    

I have to say I have no understanding of what you are saying.:huh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I have to say I have no understanding of what you are saying.:huh:

Angels four you made a post .  old country churches etc .      You should go find it , she wrote it yesterday.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

this is romans 8:1-2 in the niv... Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you

this is the same in the kjv...    There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

notice the underlined part of the KJV is not present in the NIV?  there are hundreds of omissions in the NIV. (google can tell you all about this)  the NIV is watered down at best.  beware of all NIV. 

The "missing words" are in verse 4 of the NIV: ".. who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." So it is completely false to say they are "not present" or that the NIV is "watered down". Those of us who use the NIV are not "watered down" Christians in any way, and we are not deficient in either faith or doctrine.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  24,683
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Can I just ask why it matters to you what version of the Bible another Christian is reading? 

I read/listen to at least 7 different versions sometimes at the same time: KJV, NIV, NLT, ESV, CEV, Amplified and the Old Afrikaans Version. I have yet to find any really crucial differences. I would not expect everybody else to read those if they preferred ones that I have not mentioned. You are also welcome to stick to the KJV if you feel more comfortable doing so. It's entirely your choice. May I suggest letting others make the choice for themselves?

Now just let me also say that, in my view, there is no problem if the point of this discussion is to look at a certain Bible and saying why we feel another version does it better or expressing why we dislike a certain version. I would hope that such a discusion is based on solid evidence. The problem comes in when we treat those who disagree with us as if they are children who don't yet fully understand and need to be corrected. Or as lost sheep that need to be taught not to wander off.  There is the posibility that you could be wrong. And people can  be solid Christians, close to God and  on the right track and still disagree with you on certain points such what version they prefer. 

• Thumbs Up 2