• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,848
  • Content Per Day:  5.78
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

50 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

Yes, it is. It is based on the alexandrian text and westcott and hort.

sigh. where did i say it was a sin?

It leads people to a false Christ.

Then address the quotes i made.

Tell me, how is "shrine prostitute" the same as "sodomite"?

one or two words?

we are talking about 5219 words removed and many MAJOR words removed or changed.

I am not interested in arguing over every point. I am using iPad so it's virtuality impossible to do so without a lot of effort.

I do not have to believe your claims. There is no use in trying to convince me. I know what you are saying and i am choosing to disagree

The NIV has never led me to a false Christ. Nor anyone else I know. Of course I still use the KJV too..And that is my final word on this matter. 

The only reason I actually posted at all is just to say ( not to you in particular ) that people do , in fact, have a choice. If people don't want to accept what you say that is their choice. Let them choose. You need not like their decision. Its not so  much about the issue being debated. Its the way it gets done by some. I say again. People on here are not naughty little children needing a lesson.  Don't treat them as if they are.  We know what we are doing. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Butero said:

By the way, I have in my possession an NIV Bible, and I have explained my objections to having verses put in footnotes. 

That's fine. If you would rather read the KJV Bible I have no issue with that. True some people may not like that they have to look down at the bottom of the page for a footnote. I have no issue with that. We are all different. My issue is with the spreading of false information about the NIV. This false stuff about it being of satan, that it water downs the gospel, that it is written in away to make people "feel good", or that it is gender neutral which my NIV is clearly not.  The criticizing of any Bible translation should be base on facts, and not on false accusations. That is what my issue is about.

4 hours ago, KiwiChristian said:

It leads people to a false Christ.

I only know one Christ. It lead me to him. 

Guest Butero
9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

That's fine. If you would rather read the KJV Bible I have no issue with that. True some people may not like that they have to look down at the bottom of the page for a footnote. I have no issue with that. We are all different. My issue is with the spreading of false information about the NIV. This false stuff about it being of satan, that it water downs the gospel, that it is written in away to make people "feel good", or that it is gender neutral which my NIV is clearly not.  The criticizing of any Bible translation should be base on facts, and not on false accusations. That is what my issue is about.

Everything I said about the NIV is true.  I explained about the gender neutral issue as well.  Look up TNIV controversy.  It is of Satan.  It does bring doubt about verse and the canon..  It leaves out references to fulfilment of prophecies, and I plan to continue to attack it.  That doesn't mean I am trying to take yours from you.

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

however i will also add that if you are actually growing in The Lord, you will out grow the NIV. 

What does that even mean? Out grown the NIV? Are those of us using the NIV not growing in the Lord?  

Guest Butero
4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I only know one Christ. It lead me to him. 

You are claiming just reading an NIV Bible without anyone sharing the plan of salvation got you saved?

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

Everything I said about the NIV is true

No it is not! Everything you have said about the NIV is a lie! Simple as that!  

Guest Butero
Just now, LadyKay said:

No it is not! Everything you have said about the NIV is a lie! Simple as that!  

Everything I said is true and can be verified.  It is as simple as that!

11 hours ago, Cletus said:

I guess no amount of explanation can help someone who is not open minded to the truth. 

Yeah that goes both ways. It seems KJV only people are not open minded to the truth as well. Making up stuff about the NIV being a work of satan.   

Guest Butero
7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah that goes both ways. It seems KJV only people are not open minded to the truth as well. Making up stuff about the NIV being a work of satan.   

The NIV is causing confusion over portions of the text, and the Bible states God is not the author of confusion.